Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

Selfesteem

May 20, 2018
Well i think Quality overrules Quantity.. I know DrSmith is doing the best he can. just be patient and all will be well...DrSmith please take the time you need. Don't overwork yourself because we here are too anxious to await the sequell. It's Quality that counts. Love your work..

Joel Wolf

DILLIGAF
Donor
Nov 21, 2017
A farther is driving his kids to Disneyland.

Even though he's already told them numerous times that they'll be there soon, they continue to scream "are we there yet! are we there yet! " from the back seat.

It's only a matter of time before the farther of this scenario wonders why he's even taking the kids on this holiday.

While they continue to scream "are we there yet!" a dark thought crosses his mind.

For every time they scream the same question I should take my foot slightly off the pedal, maybe... Just maybe once they're all tuckered out they'll soon realize they've come to a complete stop.

It's only then when the kids ask the father why they're not moving at all that they realize they were the ones that were making the trip so long.
A Father is driving his family to Universal Studios.
Before departing he says, "I don't know when we will get there but it should only take 5 days."
Family knows, no one is asking questions, they are just enjoying the views and each other's company.
Day 6 comes, no Universal Studios in site and the Father hasn't updated the family. So questions start, "when are we getting there?", "are we there yet", etc.
The problem with this is, Father gave them a time. So you ask, how can he avoid this. Simple. Don't give them a date. Just say, "We are going to Universal Studios" and gather the family and off you go. But after a certain time, they start asking the same questions.
Again, simple solution. Give a unrealistic date 10 weeks out or 12 weeks or hell a year out. Tell them, "We are going to Universal Studios and we will get there by January of 2019".
Now you set the expectations of waiting a year. People are going to wait, they have to. But you deliver in Nov of 2018. Everyone is happy, you did not get pressured to get it done sooner but delivered before the date.
If some moron asks the stupid question of when, you simply tell them to check the expected date.

Ashgamer

Jun 17, 2018
Again, simple solution. Give a unrealistic date 10 weeks out or 12 weeks or hell a year out. Tell them, "We are going to Universal Studios and we will get there by January of 2019".
Now you set the expectations of waiting a year. People are going to wait, they have to. But you deliver in Nov of 2018. Everyone is happy, you did not get pressured to get it done sooner but delivered before the date.
If some moron asks the stupid question of when, you simply tell them to check the expected date.
Okay. He will finish by 2049. There will be synthetic people, drugs, and Harrison Ford.

Reactions: Joel Wolf

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Well i think Quality overrules Quantity.. I know DrSmith is doing the best he can. just be patient and all will be well...DrSmith please take the time you need. Don't overwork yourself because we here are too anxious to await the sequell. It's Quality that counts. Love your work..
I must take my time. Sometimes I force myself to work on RiC and then I end up halfway an event and I have trouble picking it up on a later time and/or I see things I don't like / are wrong and I have to redo the whole event.
Also now that I have discovered that some animations don't work (clipping and/or timing), I take my time to figure out a way around that and still create something I'm happy with.
I can say that all events I have created thus far, I still like and enjoy playing.

A Father is driving his family to Universal Studios.
Before departing he says, "I don't know when we will get there but it should only take 5 days."
Family knows, no one is asking questions, they are just enjoying the views and each other's company.
Day 6 comes, no Universal Studios in site and the Father hasn't updated the family. So questions start, "when are we getting there?", "are we there yet", etc.
The problem with this is, Father gave them a time. So you ask, how can he avoid this. Simple. Don't give them a date. Just say, "We are going to Universal Studios" and gather the family and off you go. But after a certain time, they start asking the same questions.
Ok, taking your advice:
Release date april 1st 2019.

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
I personally really don't care when the release date is, as long as there is one. This game is too good to rush, and too big to expect quick releases on.
I agree take your time so many games either get abandoned or rushed and ruined. You make the game you are proud to put you name on, because if you enjoy the game you will want to keep working on it. Basic rule of life if you do not like what you are doing, you are likely not putting your all into it.

Selfesteem

May 20, 2018
Almost a shame she plays a minor role in the Effie events, but who knows ;)
She may be a small part of the story in de beginning, but i bet when the story develops, Ellie will be a more advanced character seeing she is Ellie's boss. Keep going DrSmith as soon as the update has been launched I'll be all over it...:rolleyes::extremelyhappy:

Reactions: DrSmith

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
While I think the general interface and details of the game aren't quite as good as "Corruption", I find the characters themselves to be slightly more attractive/charming and things aren't quite as crazy in this. Not to mention the whole lack of the supernatural potion thing I find to be more immersive.

I was afraid that this game was dropped, but I am happy to still see status updates from the devs and that it's still being worked on.

Bimbofication is ok, but you kind of get tired of it if all the characters look like sluts, with this sort of game I like it if they wear more risque things, maybe a slight bit of make up (But not overkill like in Corruption.). The content thus far in this game is more to my taste than Corruption is. I hope that further content will keep being awesome! :)

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Where I can find the latest release?
I don't mean the 0.6.5 but the previous one.:)
The one from the should still work.[/URL]
Otherwise, try .
is there a uppdated walkthrough ?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

While I think the general interface and details of the game aren't quite as good as "Corruption", I find the characters themselves to be slightly more attractive/charming and things aren't quite as crazy in this. Not to mention the whole lack of the supernatural potion thing I find to be more immersive.

I was afraid that this game was dropped, but I am happy to still see status updates from the devs and that it's still being worked on.

Bimbofication is ok, but you kind of get tired of it if all the characters look like sluts, with this sort of game I like it if they wear more risque things, maybe a slight bit of make up (But not overkill like in Corruption.). The content thus far in this game is more to my taste than Corruption is. I hope that further content will keep being awesome! :)
That's what I liked about the game also!
So I'm trying to get Shannon and Effie as 'humanly' as possible corrupted. And I think there's a natural way of development.

Shozib

Mar 27, 2018
is this game gonna get updated or its abandoned ? it feels like i played this game over a months ago and still its not updated .

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
is this game gonna get updated or its abandoned ? it feels like i played this game over a months ago and still its not updated .
I'm still working on the next update, so it's not abandoned.
It's taking so long because I'm doing this in my spare time.

So be patient, a release is coming into sight (not very soon, though)!

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
@All
I managed to find a "Skip Animation" script for the games I'm working on now and I sent the script to @DrSmith
He's implemented it into the update he's working on now so all of you long time fans can now skip the animations in game by pressing [Enter] or [ESC] while it's running.

-Boom

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes