Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes
Jul 12, 2017
@Boomatica , you gotta prioritize. At the moment you have 3 games in development, although RIC is currently being developed by Dr., you've started it + you have 2 being developer by yourself alone. Now. In order to boost interest and partially because of low performance of the Resort, you've started RiA.

You may pretty much end up in a situation where you will chose to drop the Resort and switch to RiA completely abandoning the second game. That'd be a mega fail. Despite being a nice fella you are yet still to finish at least one game.

Please prioritize.

U

User_51567

I'm still working on the next update, so it's not abandoned.
It's taking so long because I'm doing this in my spare time.

So be patient, a release is coming into sight (not very soon, though)!
Take your time ;)..
You said summer in one of your previous posts so as long it's going to be before the end of September i will be a happy person ;).

Or you said something about getting a Hot summer.
And you are correct about that part... Moving to another country and having forrest fires all around you ..... A little bit to hot...

Reactions: DrSmith

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
@Boomatica , you gotta prioritize. At the moment you have 3 games in development, although RIC is currently being developed by Dr., you've started it + you have 2 being developer by yourself alone. Now. In order to boost interest and partially because of low performance of the Resort, you've started RiA.

You may pretty much end up in a situation where you will chose to drop the Resort and switch to RiA completely abandoning the second game. That'd be a mega fail. Despite being a nice fella you are yet still to finish at least one game.

Please prioritize.
I think @Boomatica has his priorities sorted out very well.
He's working on his main project PC and while the pictures are rendering and there's nothing to be done for PC, he works on his 'bonus' game RiA.
And because he uses the same engine as I am, when he finds an interesting plugin, he mentions it to me. Because we are keeping contact and I'm also testing PC and RiA for him.
Boom doesn't do any work on RiC, that's all on my plate. And that he had to drop RiC was not by his choice but was more or less forced on him.

Take your time ;)..
You said summer in one of your previous posts so as long it's going to be before the end of September i will be a happy person ;).

Or you said something about getting a Hot summer.
And you are correct about that part... Moving to another country and having forrest fires all around you ..... A little bit to hot...
Yes, I mentioned a hot summer.
And boy, what a hot summer it is over here. I get the feeling my brains are oozing out of my ears. So I'm picking up smaller work for RiC: the messages for Shannon and Effie and I do some spellchecking for the Sarah/Chloe parts.

Jul 12, 2017
Boom doesn't do any work on RiC, that's all on my plate. And that he had to drop RiC was not by his choice but was more or less forced on him.
RiC wasn't the focus of my post, I think everyone here's aware you took over. Yet still, it doesn't change the picture: PC hasn't even reached a middle of the planned story (as it seems) and there's the 3rd game already in production... while none are finished.

I've got no beef with any of you, just saying - please don't end up abandoning or force-finishing another game. That's a bad vibe.

U

User_51567

Yes, I mentioned a hot summer.
And boy, what a hot summer it is over here. I get the feeling my brains are oozing out of my ears. So I'm picking up smaller work for RiC: the messages for Shannon and Effie and I do some spellchecking for the Sarah/Chloe parts.
Same..
I put my PC's to work on Renders and then i run to the water to cool off..(Thank F*cking Crist my new house(Sweden) is next to a river).
But looks like the whole world is crazy hot at this moment...
Friend in texas is complaining about temps around the 40 C..
Near my old house in The Netherlands it's around 33 C.
And over here it's 25 C.. (I know it doesn't sound that hot...But normally it's around 10 C over here and everything is build for that)

But enough of the weather :p ..
I Agree on the statement that people should NOT worry about Boom..
If there is 1 Dev on Patreon who always delivers and keeps his promises it's @Boomatica .

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Due to the hot weather, I'm doing small things for RiC: messages AND correcting some text for the Sarah and Chloe part.
I noticed the messages for CP increase and thought 'Hey, they are pretty obsolete because the scores are always in screen'. But I can also think that some people want a message about the new score.
Therefore a small poll:
Poll: Do I keep using the 'score' text at the end of an event?
[*]
[*]
Scores:

Reactions: ArnoNym and John573

nasnasnas

Jul 18, 2017
why the hell do we have 2 parts of 1.5gb each to download when the second part has 98% the same files as the first one ? How stupid is this ?

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
why the hell do we have 2 parts of 1.5gb each to download when the second part has 98% the same files as the first one ? How stupid is this ?
When you unpack the 2nd file, it also unpacks the 1st file (again), so it looks like there's a redundancy. But when you look at the files seperately, the 1st has the images and some animations and the 2nd almost only animations.
And combined they make up the real 3.08GB the game needs.

My release will be close to or over 4GB (and that's already with compressed images).

Reactions: John573

troybecks1

Jan 16, 2018
Fuck with patreon whenever I find new good game it is been fucked for update.
P.S. comment is nit about developer so please dont get offended

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Due to the hot weather, I'm doing small things for RiC: messages AND correcting some text for the Sarah and Chloe part.
I noticed the messages for CP increase and thought 'Hey, they are pretty obsolete because the scores are always in screen'. But I can also think that some people want a message about the new score.
Therefore a small poll:
Poll: Do I keep using the 'score' text at the end of an event?
[*]
[*]
Scores:
I've closed the poll.
The result is that 54 people voted of whom 20 people want to keep the 'score' message and 34 people who don't use it.
Personally I expected more people for the 'Nah' side, so I think that I will keep the messages for Sarah and Chloe 'as is' and don't use the message for Shannon and Effie, so you all can have a look at how that looks like.
And before I start working on the v0.7.0 (Sarah and Chloe update), I'll have another poll and then the majority gets the 'prize'.

Talking about updates:
Work is very, very slow! With temps over 32 degrees Celcius in the house, it's a battle to keep working and focused.

Still, I've managed to get a lot of typos and errors out of the Sarah and Chloe parts. The Shannon messages are almost done and I've come up with the path I've wanted for Effie at level 4 and am now working on that.
I hope it will surprise and challenge you all when it is (finally) done.

And to add to the hot temps:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BrobsDobs

May 10, 2017
I've closed the poll.
The result is that 54 people voted of whom 20 people want to keep the 'score' message and 34 people who don't use it.
Personally I expected more people for the 'Nah' side, so I think that I will keep the messages for Sarah and Chloe 'as is' and don't use the message for Shannon and Effie, so you all can have a look at how that looks like.
And before I start working on the v0.7.0 (Sarah and Chloe update), I'll have another poll and then the majority gets the 'prize'.

Talking about updates:
Work is very, very slow! With temps over 32 degrees Celcius in the house, it's a battle to keep working and focused.

Still, I've managed to get a lot of typos and errors out of the Sarah and Chloe parts. The Shannon messages are almost done and I've come up the path I've wanted for Effie and am now working on that.
I hope it will surprise and challenge you all when it is (finally) done.

And to add to the hot temps:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Wow nice, and the heat really sucks 37°C in my room

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
what's that new from again
Boomatica

Please Download Link to
Research into Affection
It's a bonus game for the higher tier Patrons. It's meant to promote two characters that will appear (or at least already had some screen time) in his new game 'Private Community'.
And yes, it's based on RiC.

blackbeard

Jun 2, 2017
it appears as though the file is too large to download without paying on any of those sites. Are there any other links out there?

Quaszog55

Oct 4, 2017
Hi folks, have been out of the loop. is there a 6.5 update from dr. smith or is everything still progressing slowly?

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
Hi folks, have been out of the loop. is there a 6.5 update from dr. smith or is everything still progressing slowly?
Unfortunately it was abandoned by the original developer, due to what Patreon was doing.
but luckily a kind soul has picked up the torch and is currently working on updating it.

I would look up posts by @DrSmith
start here, he's already posted some previews.

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes