Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
I know all of that. It seems however that RIA is the exact same game, to which I say "whats the point" ?
Sorry, forgot one step of the whole thing.
RiA is not Boomatica's main patreon project, iirc, but a side-one he started because the rendering times for the main game are very long and while the pc renders it's better to work on something else. The catch is that he asked the Patreons Trust and Safety team beforehand regarding the characters appearance, so it does comply with the rules.

blackbeard

Jun 2, 2017

Here's a Mega link for y'all. I found it funny the SVScomics links kept getting re-posted... I don't know about anyone else, but I had trouble with every one of the svscomics links- partially because I'm a cheapskate (i refuse to pay for download services) and one was from a banned account. However, I was able to find what I was looking for and thought I would share for the curious here.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Hmmm, guys.
I think it's nice to see so much interest for the new game from @Boomatica.
But I'd appreciate it if posts for that game are placed here:
This thread is still about Research into Corruption. And I'm still working on a new release.

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Hmmm, guys.
I think it's nice to see so much interest for the new game from @Boomatica.
But I'd appreciate it if posts for that game are placed here:
This thread is still about Research into Corruption. And I'm still working on a new release.
I agree...they're clogging up my alerts, I' kidding ofcourse...but seriously, off topic is off topic and belongs in thread of the topic:eek:penedeyewink:. Can't wait for the new version:p

Reactions: DrSmith

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
I agree...they're clogging up my alerts, I' kidding ofcourse...but seriously, off topic is off topic and belongs in thread of the topic:eek:penedeyewink:. Can't wait for the new version:p
It's off topic but it makes it also harder for me to react on remarks, questions and other nice things. I could miss a thing or two.
And Boom will be checking his threads and can't respond to things being said in this thread as quickly as well.

And speaking of the new version, I just finished writing the key event for Effie for level 4. Now to get some nice images with it and then I can continue with the rest of the events (who should react on the outcome of this key event).

Reactions: SpartaKus57

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
It's off topic but it makes it also harder for me to react on remarks, questions and other nice things. I could miss a thing or two.
And Boom will be checking his threads and can't respond to things being said in this thread as quickly as well.

And speaking of the new version, I just finished writing the key event for Effie for level 4. Now to get some nice images with it and then I can continue with the rest of the events (who should react on the outcome of this key event).
Effie level 4 writing done? Wow, I didn't think development was that far.
Thank you so much for the work you're doing, I really look forward to seeing what you've cooked!

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Effie level 4 writing done? Wow, I didn't think development was that far.
Thank you so much for the work you're doing, I really look forward to seeing what you've cooked!
The whole writing done? Alas, I wish that were true, this covers only 2 timeslots and 13 more to go.
But this is such an important event, I wanted to share that I've finished the text.
I even took a different approach for this.
Normally I have some thoughts about the basic text and what should happen and then I start with HSS and create the images/animations and the final text comes up with them.
Now I had to write the whole text up in front, trying to give it the right tone: human, plausible and not too cheesy.
And I think I've done it. At least I'm pleased with how it turned out. Now I have to take the text and create the right images with it.
And why is this such an important event? It decides what you can do with Effie for this level (did I mention that money will become more important in the game? ;) )!
And now I have everything set and I know how to program the other events (15 in total of which I've already done 2).

youpla

May 9, 2017
Thanks for your hard work @DrSmith. I really hope, like everyone else here, to see this update coming in a near future as the wait has been long indeed.

If you don't mind, could you answer some questions about what you're planning to do with the game ?

1) Will Effie have interactions with the members of the family as her corruption evolves ? Of course, some... "really close" interactions.
2) The sexier clothes put aside, do you plan to add some other physical modification on the characters' bodies as their brainwashing goes ? I'm thinking about tattoos, piercings, lipstick, makeup, and maybe some tanned body also.
3) I know that you're essentially working on Effie. But have you done, or do you plan to work a bit on the sister and the mother as well for this next update ?
4) Will you rewrite, or even rework some of the events with the sister and the mother ? I think that some of them are really illogical and happen too abruptly, like the one where they have a threesome with the main character at the dinner time. The fact that the two of them become lesbians, juste like that, saying that they "allready had their time together"... it always bugged me. I strongly think that a lesbian affait between a mother and her daughter could not happen so easily, even more when the two characters show how much they are hesitating with some sexual matters that are way lighter than this one. In my opinion, I think that the main character should work on them into becoming bisexual sluts before anything like that happens.
5) Will the diaries thing will be expanded ? For now, this is not really an interactive mechanism. Maybe the protagonist could add some lines on the pages, and brainwash his mother and daughter to think that they are the ones who wrote them ?
6) Will some characters have 2 really different storylines occuring with the choices made during the game ? For example, at one point, could we have the choice to make the mother a romantic woman who wants to marry her son, or a lesbian who wants to marry with her daughter, or a total slut who wants to prostitute herself and raise her two children into becoming married and having a child together ?
7) And overall, I know that the question has been asked so many times, but have you an estimation about a date when the next update will come ? It's been long and, if I believe you when you say that we will INDEED have an update, I fear that seeing the game completed will maybe not happen. No offense here, but it seems that it's a lot of work and so many games are abandoned... :(

Thank you i f you can answer some of these questions. Keep us informed ! ;)

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Thanks for your hard work @DrSmith. I really hope, like everyone else here, to see this update coming in a near future as the wait has been long indeed.

If you don't mind, could you answer some questions about what you're planning to do with the game ?

1) Will Effie have interactions with the members of the family as her corruption evolves ? Of course, some... "really close" interactions.
2) The sexier clothes put aside, do you plan to add some other physical modification on the characters' bodies as their brainwashing goes ? I'm thinking about tattoos, piercings, lipstick, makeup, and maybe some tanned body also.
3) I know that you're essentially working on Effie. But have you done, or do you plan to work a bit on the sister and the mother as well for this next update ?
4) Will you rewrite, or even rework some of the events with the sister and the mother ? I think that some of them are really illogical and happen too abruptly, like the one where they have a threesome with the main character at the dinner time. The fact that the two of them become lesbians, juste like that, saying that they "allready had their time together"... it always bugged me. I strongly think that a lesbian affait between a mother and her daughter could not happen so easily, even more when the two characters show how much they are hesitating with some sexual matters that are way lighter than this one. In my opinion, I think that the main character should work on them into becoming bisexual sluts before anything like that happens.
5) Will the diaries thing will be expanded ? For now, this is not really an interactive mechanism. Maybe the protagonist could add some lines on the pages, and brainwash his mother and daughter to think that they are the ones who wrote them ?
6) Will some characters have 2 really different storylines occuring with the choices made during the game ? For example, at one point, could we have the choice to make the mother a romantic woman who wants to marry her son, or a lesbian who wants to marry with her daughter, or a total slut who wants to prostitute herself and raise her two children into becoming married and having a child together ?
7) And overall, I know that the question has been asked so many times, but have you an estimation about a date when the next update will come ? It's been long and, if I believe you when you say that we will INDEED have an update, I fear that seeing the game completed will maybe not happen. No offense here, but it seems that it's a lot of work and so many games are abandoned... :(

Thank you i f you can answer some of these questions. Keep us informed ! ;)
Believe me when I say I want this new release done sooner than any of you!

I want to answer your questions as long as I don't give away too much of the new content ;)

1) Effie will meet (some of) the family.
2) I'm changing, in a very slight way (so nothing like in Corruption), the make-up as well as the outfits. Piercings and
tattoos are not in the planning for the moment.
3) This update will only be about Shannon and Effie. The next release will be for Sarah and Chloe.
4) I will not rewrite what is already in the game. But I share your opinion!
That's why I'm working on this large release to get more characters into play, so the possibilities for H-content will no
longer have to be forced onto only 2 characters.
5) The diaries are only there to give some info and background and don't offer much room for becoming 'interactive'.
Corruption will only progress with choosing the right action.
I found a way to get a 'diary system' into the game for both Shannon and Effie btw.
6) I'm planning on different paths for at least one character. It'll have to be in a next release.
7) I know it's been long, I feel bad about it myself!
But there will be next releases! I'm not planning to give up on RiC!
I'm getting close to finishing this release but I don't want to say anything definitve because I'm doing this in my
spare time and something more important always can pop-up or something else can get in the way.
Next releases will be smaller, so they can be finished more quickly. But, like I said in answering Q4, I found it
important to get more characters and more content into the game, so I decided to work on this very large release.

Hope you can wait some more, knowing all this. I think it'll be worth it.

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
Believe me when I say I want this new release done sooner than any of you!

I want to answer your questions as long as I don't give away too much of the new content ;)

1) Effie will meet (some of) the family.
2) I'm changing, in a very slight way (so nothing like in Corruption), the make-up as well as the outfits. Piercings and
tattoos are not in the planning for the moment.
3) This update will only be about Shannon and Effie. The next release will be for Sarah and Chloe.
4) I will not rewrite what is already in the game. But I share your opinion!
That's why I'm working on this large release to get more characters into play, so the possibilities for H-content will no
longer have to be forced onto only 2 characters.
5) The diaries are only there to give some info and background and don't offer much room for becoming 'interactive'.
Corruption will only progress with choosing the right action.
I found a way to get a 'diary system' into the game for both Shannon and Effie btw.
6) I'm planning on different paths for at least one character. It'll have to be in a next release.
7) I know it's been long, I feel bad about it myself!
But there will be next releases! I'm not planning to give up on RiC!
I'm getting close to finishing this release but I don't want to say anything definitve because I'm doing this in my
spare time and something more important always can pop-up or something else can get in the way.
Next releases will be smaller, so they can be finished more quickly. But, like I said in answering Q4, I found it
important to get more characters and more content into the game, so I decided to work on this very large release.

Hope you can wait some more, knowing all this. I think it'll be worth it.
Take however much time you need. Just having taken the project on your shoulders is worthy of admiration for your dedication.

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
It is good to know that you like this game as much as we do i allso like the fact that you took it over then letting it die i am a huge fan of this game and reading all your replies to are questions make me feel good i would rather wait a bit more for a great update then wait for a rushed one so please take all the time you need just knowing that this game will live on feels great But do you think we can have a few ingame pics just to tide us over till next update please thank you
MrSmith take all the time you need cant wait to see whats new and sexy

Reactions: DrSmith

Selfesteem

May 20, 2018
Do you think you are able to put in more content in the form of (light) BDSM and the likes? I got a feeling that would be a bit in the street of Shannon i think (don't know why.. though) :angel:

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Do you think you are able to put in more content in the form of (light) BDSM and the likes? I got a feeling that would be a bit in the street of Shannon i think (don't know why.. though) :angel:
I have made room for some more fetishes. Further development will have to wait for a next release, though.
But it will be obvious who's going for what fetish(es) ;) And they can still cross over :D

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
It is good to know that you like this game as much as we do i allso like the fact that you took it over then letting it die i am a huge fan of this game and reading all your replies to are questions make me feel good i would rather wait a bit more for a great update then wait for a rushed one so please take all the time you need just knowing that this game will live on feels great But do you think we can have a few ingame pics just to tide us over till next update please thank you
MrSmith take all the time you need cant wait to see whats new and sexy
When you start reading this thread from the I've taken over, you'll see multiple updates on the development from me. And mostly there are some images included ;)

gothic

Aug 7, 2017
im wondering why i never see elfie at home or cafe even though icon says she is there, at aunts house she is wearing less cloathing but cant interact i can see her when she hugs you, in the kithen, on the sofa, laying on bed but no interaction. also with twins are there any event other than "who is sexier" pose and communial shower

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
im wondering why i never see elfie at home or cafe even though icon says she is there, at aunts house she is wearing less cloathing but cant interact i can see her when she hugs you, in the kithen, on the sofa, laying on bed but no interaction. also with twins are there any event other than "who is sexier" pose and communial shower
There's only an intro for Effie at the moment. Just as there are only 2 events with the twins and only 1 level for Auntie.
I'm working on an update to give Auntie and Effie more 'screen time' ;)

Reactions: John573 and gothic
3.90 star(s) 13 Votes