Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
This game is still alive but DrSmith has taken over and is slowly updating the game over his free time. He hopes to have it updated before Christmas.
I hope we're still talking about this year Christmas. Are we?

If a development pause gets too long, people lose interest and move away. Once this happens, they're hard to recapture: the game will simply be forgotten, you @DrSmith will lose all motivation to work on it, and the "Abandoned" tag on the thread would be well deserved.

I hope I'm wrong with this prediction, but keep that in mind, @DrSmith: the updates work best when they're regular and relatively often, like once a month or two. Nobody says they need to be big; on the contrary, frequent updates help keep the pace of development steady and solid, even if they're small. Just don't make them smaller each time you update, that'll turn people off quickly.

rolmac

May 28, 2017

If a development pause gets too long, people lose interest and move away. Once this happens, they're hard to recapture: the game will simply be forgotten, you @DrSmith will lose all motivation to work on it, and the "Abandoned" tag on the thread would be well deserved.

I hope I'm wrong with this prediction, but keep that in mind, @DrSmith: the updates work best when they're regular and relatively often, like once a month or two. Nobody says they need to be big; on the contrary, frequent updates help keep the pace of development steady and solid, even if they're small. Just don't make them smaller each time you update, that'll turn people off quickly.
+1

Reactions: youpla

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017

If I were a professional game developper, the releases would be more frequent and smaller. Fortunately I don't have any income running on this and those who (want to) wait will be (I think) rewarded and those who lose interest, tough luck.

I'm doing this as a hobby for myself (and other RiC fans) and in my spare time. And because I feel that bringing 2 new characters into the game at almost the same level as the 2 existing characters (which took half a year for a full time developer) is necessary, I'm taking (a lot) longer for this release.
Newer releases will be smaller, but this is as it is for this release.

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
Take as long as you need @DrSmith , the true fans will wait however long it takes to continue this game, keep up the good work and may harmony find you.... :)
By all means, @DrSmith, this is your project now, so do take as long as you need for the full update if you want. And the true fans will wait. I'm talking about all of the casual fans - there's many more of them, and they're more likely to forget the game.

I was a true fan of Breeding Season once. Does the name ring a bell? I still am a true fan of Corrupting the Intern - this project is already in the "turn off" phase, with updates getting smaller and smaller. I'd hate to see RIC die as well.

As for you doing it for free, you don't have to. Once you're done with the update (a big one, I keep hearing), do setup an account for yourself. Maybe not on Patreon, they would ban you, but there are similar sites for adult games as well (Kimochi comes to mind).

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
By all means, @DrSmith, this is your project now, so do take as long as you need for the full update if you want. And the true fans will wait. I'm talking about all of the casual fans - there's many more of them, and they're more likely to forget the game.

I was a true fan of Breeding Season once. Does the name ring a bell? I still am a true fan of Corrupting the Intern - this project is already in the "turn off" phase, with updates getting smaller and smaller. I'd hate to see RIC die as well.

As for you doing it for free, you don't have to. Once you're done with the update (a big one, I keep hearing), do setup an account for yourself. Maybe not on Patreon, they would ban you, but there are similar sites for adult games as well (Kimochi comes to mind).
People who are interested enough won't forget this game, true. And for those (myself included) I'm spending my time and money to keep this game alive, not the occasional liker (the game might even be rediscovered when this release is finally done).

And I want this to be a free game!
I don't want to pile extra stress on my life because of people paying me and expecting a regular update, although I have replaced Boom's link in the main menu with a link to my Coffee site (which Boom set up for me), so people can (and have) donate(d) if they feel like it.

And yes, this will be a big release: one character from level 1 (75 CP) up to level 4 (300 CP) and a complete new character up to level 4. Also new locations, an overhaul of the GUI (although most things won't be noticed), new save system and images and spelling corrections.
And I have already plans for the next release.

Selfesteem

May 20, 2018
I Know you're onit whenever you can, and as i have said before like several others..Better make one good update then several small ones with countless bugs..I Like what you have accomplished sofar and i know you won't let your true RIC fans down... Good luck and keep it up DrSmith :cool:;)

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

Research into Corruption [v0.6.0] [Boomatica] - Original Size: 3.00GB

Download Win (508MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.

Research into Corruption [v0.6.0] [Boomatica] - Original Size: 3.00GB

Download Win (508MB): - - -

Well extra crunchy, eh crunched.
I wonder what that does to the image quality.
Boom and I already use(d) PNGoo to reduce the file size of all .PNG's and that already has a noticable effect on the quality.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Update:
It's been a bad few weeks.
First the hot temperatures in my house in early August.
Then my computer crashed, screwing up my version of HSS.
When I found a new, good one, I had to hunt down all the mods I used for RiC (yes, my backups got hit too).
When everything was working ok again, my back disease flared up. Limiting my 'sitting time' to 5 min. at a time. Not the amount of time to get
some serious work done.

Still, finished messages for Shannon and made a start with the messages for Effie.
Now, my back is slightly better (and I have a new chair) and I started working on the events for Effie again.
Currently I'm working on the last event for the Coffee Shop. And I occasionally curse myself for having made the events so complicated, but I think they will add to
a nice game play.

And as always for your patience:

jaydem

Sep 8, 2017
Update:
It's been a bad few weeks.
First the hot temperatures in my house in early August.
Then my computer crashed, screwing up my version of HSS.
When I found a new, good one, I had to hunt down all the mods I used for RiC (yes, my backups got hit too).
When everything was working ok again, my back disease flared up. Limiting my 'sitting time' to 5 min. at a time. Not the amount of time to get
some serious work done.

Still, finished messages for Shannon and made a start with the messages for Effie.
Now, my back is slightly better (and I have a new chair) and I started working on the events for Effie again.
Currently I'm working on the last event for the Coffee Shop. And I occasionally curse myself for having made the events so complicated, but I think they will add to
a nice game play.

And as always for your patience:
@DrSmith
First of all, I want to offer my sympathies for your back. I too suffer from severe back problems and can relate to what your going through Brother.
I'm happy that it's easing up enough to work a little, and having a good seat to sit in makes a lot of difference.
I've had to get special cushions for mine just to sit for a while longer, and even though it's not perfect, it's good enough for the time being....Lol!!

So far the content you've shown on your current work, looks absolutely amazing. I think it will definitely be worth the wait.
Now I know, why you've done your work with Aunt and Effie, and agree with you on getting new stuff in.
I'm getting excited to finally get this version of it.....I feel like a kid on Christmas at 4 AM, waiting for everyone to get up, to open presents.....Lol!!

I'm still of the mind though, of the next one, if you still plan on making Mom and Sis changes. That's the one that will get me even more hyped. As that's what I think is needed too, but I digress, Despite all the problems and bad luck stuff, your still ahead of the game......I'm kind of proud of you Brother, and when I grow up, I wanna be just like you....Lol!!………(I maybe pushing 50, but I still think like I'm 20).

We're still with you, and wish you Well and the best....much love for you!!………………..Peace!!

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
@DrSmith
First of all, I want to offer my sympathies for your back. I too suffer from severe back problems and can relate to what your going through Brother.
I'm happy that it's easing up enough to work a little, and having a good seat to sit in makes a lot of difference.
I've had to get special cushions for mine just to sit for a while longer, and even though it's not perfect, it's good enough for the time being....Lol!!

So far the content you've shown on your current work, looks absolutely amazing. I think it will definitely be worth the wait.
Now I know, why you've done your work with Aunt and Effie, and agree with you on getting new stuff in.
I'm getting excited to finally get this version of it.....I feel like a kid on Christmas at 4 AM, waiting for everyone to get up, to open presents.....Lol!!

I'm still of the mind though, of the next one, if you still plan on making Mom and Sis changes. That's the one that will get me even more hyped. As that's what I think is needed too, but I digress, Despite all the problems and bad luck stuff, your still ahead of the game......I'm kind of proud of you Brother, and when I grow up, I wanna be just like you....Lol!!………(I maybe pushing 50, but I still think like I'm 20).

We're still with you, and wish you Well and the best....much love for you!!………………..Peace!!
Thank you for your kind words.
And I know everybody is anticipating the next release (0.70) with Sarah and Chloe. I think it will become an even more long wait for the releases after that, when you've come across my cliffhanger for Sarah in v0.70 ;)

Even when the body won't cooperate, the mind still goes on....

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes