Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

fanboi

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2018
Update:
It's been a bad few weeks.
First the hot temperatures in my house in early August.
Then my computer crashed, screwing up my version of HSS.
When I found a new, good one, I had to hunt down all the mods I used for RiC (yes, my backups got hit too).
When everything was working ok again, my back disease flared up. Limiting my 'sitting time' to 5 min. at a time. Not the amount of time to get
some serious work done.

Still, finished messages for Shannon and made a start with the messages for Effie.
Now, my back is slightly better (and I have a new chair) and I started working on the events for Effie again.
Currently I'm working on the last event for the Coffee Shop. And I occasionally curse myself for having made the events so complicated, but I think they will add to
a nice game play.
Sorry to hear you've been unwell but happier to hear it's a little better at least! Get well soon & don't overdo it...

Reactions: DrSmith

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
Update:
It's been a bad few weeks.
First the hot temperatures in my house in early August.
Then my computer crashed, screwing up my version of HSS.
When I found a new, good one, I had to hunt down all the mods I used for RiC (yes, my backups got hit too).
When everything was working ok again, my back disease flared up. Limiting my 'sitting time' to 5 min. at a time. Not the amount of time to get
some serious work done.

Still, finished messages for Shannon and made a start with the messages for Effie.
Now, my back is slightly better (and I have a new chair) and I started working on the events for Effie again.
Currently I'm working on the last event for the Coffee Shop. And I occasionally curse myself for having made the events so complicated, but I think they will add to
a nice game play.

And as always for your patience:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And thus your journey towards Batman-hood continues.
Your dedication is awe inspiring.

Reactions: John573 and DrSmith

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
And thus your journey towards Batman-hood continues.
Your dedication is awe inspiring.
Thanks!
I set out for this release and I will finish it!
I do wonder sometimes what brought me to make events (timeslots) so complicated while being totally new to this stuff.
Or maybe it is because I am new to this stuff and I couldn't judge how much work this was going to be for me.
For instance, the event I'm working on has 4 possible scenes. Depending on the CP's of multiple characters, actions taken by MC (quests fulfilled) and such.
Had I made the events less complicated, I would have been long finished by now.
All in all a lot of effort and work for what gives, I think, extra depth to the game.

And after all this, the next, smaller, releases will be a walk in the park ;) (or at least they will seem to be).

jaydem

Sep 8, 2017
@DrSmith
Just a small question....How many characters do you have planned for the future or think you will? Aside from the one's already in game?
One more...You've stated that there will be a cliffhanger for Sara. Will the game start taking a darker tone? ( like her finding another man, and all the work we got is for nothing)? or more like maybe, possible pregnancy (optional) type of thing?
Honestly I'd be down for the later of the two, I'm kind of into that too.
Curious minds gotta know......or least hinted at.....Lol!!…………………...Peace!!

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
@DrSmith
Just a small question....How many characters do you have planned for the future or think you will? Aside from the one's already in game?
One more...You've stated that there will be a cliffhanger for Sara. Will the game start taking a darker tone? ( like her finding another man, and all the work we got is for nothing)? or more like maybe, possible pregnancy (optional) type of thing?
Honestly I'd be down for the later of the two, I'm kind of into that too.
Curious minds gotta know......or least hinted at.....Lol!!…………………...Peace!!
I'm focussing on the 4 characters I have now in play, with some guest appearances (for now).

The cliffhanger I mentioned will be a choice for the path you want to go with Sarah. Each path will have consequences and comes with some downsides (although not for some).
If you want to avoid anything you don't like, just make sure you've worked on the game and have a steady income. You then can choose what you want to see (yes, money will make the game go round :D ).
I don't want to reveal too much about the paths because the choice will come in the next release and the implemantation will be 2 releases after that. So I don't want to excite all of you too much :p .
But there'll be choices you'll like, to hint an answer to your question.

I have been hinting that money will become more important in the game for quite a while now ;) and now I'm saying it out loud: having enough money will offer you the path and content of your choosing. When you don't have enough, it's either cheating or face the consequences.

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
I'm focussing on the 4 characters I have now in play, with some guest appearances (for now).

The cliffhanger I mentioned will be a choice for the path you want to go with Sarah. Each path will have consequences and comes with some downsides (although not for some).
If you want to avoid anything you don't like, just make sure you've worked on the game and have a steady income. You then can choose what you want to see (yes, money will make the game go round :D ).
I don't want to reveal too much about the paths because the choice will come in the next release and the implemantation will be 2 releases after that. So I don't want to excite all of you too much :p .

I have been hinting that money will become more important in the game for quite a while now ;) and now I'm saying it out loud: having enough money will offer you the path and content of your choosing. When you don't have enough, it's either cheating or face the consequences.
So you reveal your true colors as an advocate of the bourgeois, you plutocrat-lover! This was all a ruse to preach capitalism!
But we of the proletariat won't surrender. From each according to his ability, to each according to his need of tiddies!
xD

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
So you reveal your true colors as an advocate of the bourgeois, you plutocrat-lover! This was all a ruse to preach capitalism!
But we of the proletariat won't surrender. From each according to his ability, to each according to his need of tiddies!
XD
Just make sure that the guillotine's blade is sharp when you're coming for me ;)

Reactions: jaydem and John573

Solotron

Sep 7, 2018

I do love a game that makes my choices really feel significant. Nice work so far :)

Reactions: Gary Bertrand

MerlinUSA

Mar 1, 2018

Will Income and Expenses be realistically balanced? I don't recall if this game was one, but I've played some where something fairly small cost way too much money compared to income. Just curious, since you said income will be important.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Will Income and Expenses be realistically balanced? I don't recall if this game was one, but I've played some where something fairly small cost way too much money compared to income. Just curious, since you said income will be important.
I'm aiming to keep it balanced.

Until this release you only needed money for the spy cams, the outfits and the anal beads. And only the beads were needed for game progress and the other things are bonusses.
Also after you had gathered a daily income, you could stop spending time on 'working on the game' and keep earning money.
I've now made a system that keeps track of you working on the game and not spending time on the game for too long, will result in a decrease of your daily income (and faster than you can rebuild it) until you start spending time on it again.

For now I've added some events that cost a little to a medium amount of money ($5, $50, $60 and $200), with events that need larger amounts planned (but you'll have longer to build up income).
All events can be skipped but it'll slow down progress, can halt progress or can cost you content with a character.

But all in all, if you spend your money on the right things on the right time and keep working, all options should be open to you.
I'll have to see how it works out but it can always be adjusted in a later release.

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
I'm aiming to keep it balanced.

Until this release you only needed money for the spy cams, the outfits and the anal beads. And only the beads were needed for game progress and the other things are bonusses.
Also after you had gathered a daily income, you could stop spending time on 'working on the game' and keep earning money.
I've now made a system that keeps track of you working on the game and not spending time on the game for too long, will result in a decrease of your daily income (and faster than you can rebuild it) until you start spending time on it again.

For now I've added some events that cost a little to a medium amount of money ($5, $50, $60 and $200), with events that need larger amounts planned (but you'll have longer to build up income).
All events can be skipped but it'll slow down progress, can halt progress or can cost you content with a character.

But all in all, if you spend your money on the right things on the right time and keep working, all options should be open to you.
I'll have to see how it works out but it can always be adjusted in a later release.
Now you're making me feel guilty for the fact that I will shamelessly cheat money.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
In a just society all means of boner-production are communal, I will just make sure that the main character gets his rightful share despite your capitalistic schemes!
Ah, proletarian shopping.

And!
The means of production are controlled by the workers (me). And a committee, formed of workers (me), decides what's good for all.
And when looking at all the work that's (been) done to produce those boners, it's only fair to those workers (me again) that they see their fellow boner-wanters work a little as well.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
when will it be updated?
I update whenever I can. And when all the planned updates are done, there'll be a release ;)

The release is coming closer and closer though!
Just finished 2 animations which I had to compose myself with (almost) no default HSS scenes. One got a bit on the long side (over 4 mins!), but I think it's worth watching :D

Daishi_mk2

Mar 12, 2018
I update whenever I can. And when all the planned updates are done, there'll be a release ;)

The release is coming closer and closer though!
Just finished 2 animations which I had to compose myself with (almost) no default HSS scenes. One got a bit on the long side (over 4 mins!), but I think it's worth watching :D
may the power come to complete this work. because they were waiting

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
Ah, proletarian shopping.

And!
The means of production are controlled by the workers (me). And a committee, formed of workers (me), decides what's good for all.
And when looking at all the work that's (been) done to produce those boners, it's only fair to those workers (me again) that they see their fellow boner-wanters work a little as well.
Yes, but what about the means of boner production in RIC's fictional world?! Those are not communal, that's where the point is, Kappa.

Mar 21, 2018
When and where do I go to download these new updated versions of yours, Doctor? Because I'd rather not have to skim through all 127 pages to find the links for it... Would be appreciated if someone can show or tell me where they are, please and thank you.
[Edit] And am I right to assume that the next update will be released within 2-3 weeks?

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes