Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
There's still no release from me, I'm afraid. The one from the OP is still the last version from Boom (v0.60).
When I have my release (v0.65) ready (and I'm hoping it will be 3-4 weeks) I'll post it here with a changelog and a WalkThrough.
And it will be mentioned/changed in the OP as well.

Selfesteem

May 20, 2018
When and where do I go to download these new updated versions of yours, Doctor? Because I'd rather not have to skim through all 127 pages to find the links for it... Would be appreciated if someone can show or tell me where they are, please and thank you.
[Edit] And am I right to assume that the next update will be released within 2-3 weeks?
Updates always appear on the first page of this thread and on the latest updates page of this forum.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
There's still no release from me, I'm afraid. The one from the OP is still the last version from Boom (v0.60).
When I have my release (v0.65) ready (and I'm hoping it will be 3-4 weeks) I'll post it here with a changelog and a WalkThrough.
And it will be mentioned/changed in the OP as well.
It's happned everyone! the date is set!

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
To all people who have already bought me a coffee and/or are planning to do this: DON'T DO IT (anymore)!

I'm having troubles with the payout from the coffees already bought and I have contacted BuyMeACoffe and Stripe about this.
If it turns out that I have to keep a whole administration and/or start paying a yearly fee for registration to get my payouts. Or that it turns out that I could get into trouble with the Tax Offices, I'm cancelling the accounts.

I liked the thought of Boom setting something up for my efforts and I was really happy when people actually donated.
But if this is getting into a hassle, I'd rather do without (I have enough on my plate already)!

Like I said before: I am happy to do it for free and to read from all other RiC fans how they are anticipating my release and wishing me luck, is already a reward ;) .

Oct 29, 2016
To all people who have already bought me a coffee and/or are planning to do this: DON'T DO IT (anymore)!

I'm having troubles with the payout from the coffees already bought and I have contacted BuyMeACoffe and Stripe about this.
If it turns out that I have to keep a whole administration and/or start paying a yearly fee for registration to get my payouts. Or that it turns out that I could get into trouble with the Tax Offices, I'm cancelling the accounts.

I liked the thought of Boom setting something up for my efforts and I was really happy when people actually donated.
But if this is getting into a hassle, I'd rather do without (I have enough on my plate already)!

Like I said before: I am happy to do it for free and to read from all other RiC fans how they are anticipating my release and wishing me luck, is already a reward ;) .

Hello, i dont know if you already using it, but if not , why dont you have a BTC or any other crypto address like BTCZ or anything else for tips???

SerbanR

Jul 13, 2017
This game is still in the making? I thought that the developer changed it and started making a new one, named Research into Affection. Basically, the same game, but some slight changes (besides the name).

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
@SerbanR No. Research into Affection has different models, different method of getting the girls to do what you want, and other slight differences so it is a different game. What is similar are using levels as triggers and the engine.
This game (Research in Corruption) focuses on subliminal corruption. Along with the younger-acting sister, it was "too hot" for Patreon to handle. So Boomatica couldn't continue it. Now DrSmith is in possession of the assets, the game, and ideas of what to do so he is continuing this game in his spare time.
RiA = Affection, More mature sister, different method of getting sexy times.
RiC = Corruption, younger acting sister, subliminal corruption via music and interactions.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
@SerbanR No. Research into Affection has different models, different method of getting the girls to do what you want, and other slight differences so it is a different game. What is similar are using levels as triggers and the engine.
This game (Research in Corruption) focuses on subliminal corruption. Along with the younger-acting sister, it was "too hot" for Patreon to handle. So Boomatica couldn't continue it. Now DrSmith is in possession of the assets, the game, and ideas of what to do so he is continuing this game in his spare time.
RiA = Affection, More mature sister, different method of getting sexy times.
RiC = Corruption, younger acting sister, subliminal corruption via music and interactions.
Uh I have to disagree with you there. Having played both the method of corruption sure seems to be identical. Not sure what "music" you even mean?

*edit* well I kind of see your point. In both games you basically perv on everyone but in RiA you get points for....being helpful? and in RiC you get points for ...being a perv??

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Uh I have to disagree with you there. Having played both the method of corruption sure seems to be identical. Not sure what "music" you even mean?

*edit* well I kind of see your point. In both games you basically perv on everyone but in RiA you get points for....being helpful? and in RiC you get points for ...being a perv??
Yup :D Thin differences but still a little bit. Notice.. the sister's features in both games?

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes