Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

mattius77

May 16, 2017
But is it full of bugs?
Honestly don't know. I quit playing after a couple minutes of the poxy interface and deleted the build off my machine. It's not a game anymore, it's more like hitting "I'm feeling lucky" on Google.

M

MantisK

He is fixing the build now, I tried telling him this wouldn't work weeks ago. He says it will be fixed within the hour.

ArnoNym

Jun 27, 2017
After playing for an hour or so I must say sorry, but compared to 0.45 this release is - in my opinion - a desaster and a huge step backwards!

I really liked the previous version, it showed much promise for an early build, but in this version I hate it that I have no control over the events and for example cannot enter the rooms where other persons are supposed to be at specific times.Therefore I cannot control if I get a corruption event or not because all events are random!

The clothes shop is a joke, you can just buy one outfit and whenever I try to make my sister wear the cheerleader outfit the game told me that I have to wait until she is at home (even when she is clearly shown at home on the map).
On weekends you see that mother and sister are at home but since you cannot click on any rooms anymore you cannot initiate any events or communication with them.

Also small parts of the rooms which were already included (toilet paper, pictures in living room, tampering with the tap in the kitchen) are now gone so some content was lost too!

For the next version the developer should again concentrate on a more "stable" time flow without too much randomization. On weekends other characters might be found in different/random rooms/situations of/in the appartment but you should again have a possibility to choose with whom to communicate by clicking on a room and thus whose corruption to increase, etc.

It would be better to take a step backwards and continue with the previous version by adding more content and more events!

The flow of time is also very inconsistent in this version: some events like working on the patreon page do forward time, others like reading the diaries do not? Visiting other people's appartments also do not forward the current time of day when nobody is at home or no content yet available...

The overall impression of this version is that too much different but unfinished content has been tried for/changed but no good result could has been achieved! In the previous version the time flow during the day was much better handled than in this version!

Akram

Aug 26, 2016
it's very different from 0.4.5 and you lose a lot of freedom, instead of just clicking on mom or sis during different hours u gotta get a random event then leave and come back so pointless rng basically, also no matter what you do you cant increase corruption, you gotta earn corruption points which isn't explained how and then buy corruption for the girl you want

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
it's very different from 0.4.5 and you lose a lot of freedom, instead of just clicking on mom or sis during different hours u gotta get a random event then leave and come back so pointless rng basically, also no matter what you do you cant increase corruption, you gotta earn corruption points which isn't explained how and then buy corruption for the girl you want
Points are earned the same way, as far as I can tell. Or at least, I've been noticing more points when I've randomly encountered a girl in the game.

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
I backed Boom through some bad times but this is pure shit!!! It is like some one told him Hey Boomer you should throw away your game and make it like this. None of the polls asked for this Mess none of the members asked for this mess.
He added a brothel out of nowhere maybe a good idea for later on. The brothel and the Cosplay make up the majority of the new material. I bought a cheerleader outfit but with only 1 action in the evening I doubt if it will ever play. MC has been massaging mom since the beginning but cant fuck her. I has a new imaging file that we can no longer view. So you can not even check out what is available. Another one of his new staffs ideas. I think I would label this game suicide in the making.

Reactions: Adoringfan

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
Points are earned the same way, as far as I can tell. Or at least, I've been noticing more points when I've randomly encountered a girl in the game.
Yea but you cant see them anymore they go into a bin and you can use them in 25 cor blocks. Pretty stupid to me the original you made money and bought corruption. Now you have to hope that you get enough corruption before your Mouse dies,

May 31, 2017
Boomatica's Patreon, 15JUL2017 02:30PM EST:
Uploading a build with the rooms back in the game. To give more control over which events play. Let me know what you think. If everyone is still in the agreement that they prefer the old gameplay IE : hours of the day and static events then I'll start work on adding the new content to the old build/system on Monday. (It's much easier for me to transfer it back to the old system and I should be able to get it done in a day or so) I can always create a new way of adding random events without changing the main gameplay.
-Boom
I'll post the link once it's uploaded.
no posts since this.

EDIT:
pay particular attention to this line:
If everyone is still in the agreement that they prefer the old gameplay IE : hours of the day and static events then I'll start work on adding the new content to the old build/system on Monday.
Essentially, we're going back to 0.4.5d unless he decides to add a little of the new content before monday. So ... just wait till monday.

Last edited:
Reactions: TimeKeeper

sknf

Modder
Oct 15, 2016
i haven't seen the "old gameplay"
the new one is playable at all?
i just go to places and see some scenes (for example i greet aunt and next scene is in the bathroom etc) but i can't figure what is the "new gameplay" at all

secrecy

May 1, 2017
I cannot understand why this man decided to destroy his own game. It was good as it was, with a lot of potential. Just needed to add new scenes and images and fix money theme: so much money without any use, at the moment you would need you would be a millionaire. Now game is a broken mess.
Better keep my old saves because he will change (again) gameplay soon.

herrbertold

Jun 7, 2017
Its . . . . Its . . . Its . . . Horrible! I hope I read things right and he is converting everything back to the old style of play.

davaro

May 2, 2017
I thought people were exaggerating after i read them though they werent. You should rollback or something,i dont want this to go to waste this new "play system" grinding is becoming annoying lately.

yugo

Dec 1, 2016
have not played the new update, but from i can read it is horrible...But remember guys this is a game in development and he seem new at it, so trying new thing to what he see as an improvement is bound to happen, just try it out and then say no it is not good and then come with critiq that helps improve the game. In the end it will give some learning experience and hopefully us a better game.

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes