Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
do you have bug fix only?
i just download 0.6.5 an hour ago.. :'(
No, you can play the 1st release, just remember there are some bugs:
- skipping an animation can freeze the game: just play the animation and then skip it with ESC if you don't want to see it;
- missing icons for the apps, the functions are still there, you can click on the position where it should be;
- black screen after getting Effie's number, same as above;
- loop in Effie's home when you don't have her key, just play the event and you're good.

Is there a standalone bugfix or do I really have to download the whole shebangabang for some small bugs.
No standalone, just play what you have downloaded, see my response to liavilia.

Anyone have 0.65 bugfix not crunched?
There's no bugfix not crunched. I only had time to prepare 1 bugfix and then crunch it because the initial download is so large and the bugs are minimal.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
what do we do with this new fixed version? copy and paste?
0.6.5 was almost 4G. This one is about 1.5G. What's with the space difference?
Since it's just a bug fix, but not just release a patch instead? or just some renpy files which should be less than 1mb.
Is there something special about repny development?
It's the full game.
Yes, it's the full game. This is no Ren'Py game but RPGMaker MV and I have no option to post just a bugfix alone, it has to be the full game (that's why I crunched the bugfix release).

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
I don't actually like the update all that much. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it somewhat and I'm glad someone picked up the game after it had to be abandoned but your updated content seems kinda sub-par. I'm not talking about graphics (Those are fine), I'm mainly referring to dialogue. There's a lot of grammatical errors and sentences that just don't really sound right. Regardless I wish you luck with future development.
Fair enough.
But this will keep happening because I'm not native English and relying on my highschool English classes from nearly 40 years ago.

U

User_51567

Played it yesterday and just wanted to give my feedback as a long time fan and Pledge to B.

I liked it, enjoyed it but i have to be honest and say that it wasn't the same quality as the original-content.
Shannon's content feels the most "complete" in my opinion and closest to the original content with writing and images so that was my favorite of course (although there were a couple missed opportunities with her, for example:
-Masturbation event at work
-And Pool event.
I like how you continued the text system with her and implemented Mother and Effie with some of those
So because this is only your first time with designing i would give the Shannon path a solid 8.

Effie path on the other hand, it just felt "off" for me, maybe its just personal preferences so my apology if come across negative.
It feels like 2 different routes for me, with some of the events it's clear that you want to follow a "love" route but with other events it just feels like a "slut/corruption" route.
So it feels like there are so many time slots/event to fill with Effie that you could not think of anything else/better anymore and just put in the first thing that you thought of.
I do like the progression system with her(although it progresses a little bit to fast, but that's personal preference).
Like the new 2 female characters (Mimi a bit more because the boss looks a little bit to slutty from the start)
So i would give a the Effie content a 5.5

So around the 6.5 mark for. the whole update, but i am going to make it a 7.0 because i am a fan of the Watersports events so :heartcoveredeyes: Not as good as the original work, but trying and learning to.

I am looking forward to Twin content in the future, but i am a little bit skeptical about the Mother and Sister content (Or afraid is maybe a better word). I hope that with those 2 characters you "just" follow the path that they are already on .

But for your first work and update (and although it took a couple months to long), this is pretty good.
There are many creators on this site who produce much, much worse for their first work.:)

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
First of all, thank you for your elaborate response. I can work with that!
Played it yesterday and just wanted to give my feedback as a long time fan and Pledge to B.

I liked it, enjoyed it but i have to be honest and say that it wasn't the same quality as the original-content.
Shannon's content feels the most "complete" in my opinion and closest to the original content with writing and images so that was my favorite of course (although there were a couple missed opportunities with her, for example:
-Masturbation event at work
-And Pool event.
I like how you continued the text system with her and implemented Mother and Effie with some of those
So because this is only your first time with designing i would give the Shannon path a solid 8.
I had a 'feeling' for Shannon because she was already in Subliminal and the character was already known.
Office and beach are both driven by Sarah's level of corruption and as Shannon was the first character I started working on, and still having to learn RPGMV and HSS, I didn't want to touch those events.

Effie path on the other hand, it just felt "off" for me, maybe its just personal preferences so my apology if come across negative.
It feels like 2 different routes for me, with some of the events it's clear that you want to follow a "love" route but with other events it just feels like a "slut/corruption" route.
So it feels like there are so many time slots/event to fill with Effie that you could not think of anything else/better anymore and just put in the first thing that you thought of.
I do like the progression system with her(although it progresses a little bit to fast, but that's personal preference).
Like the new 2 female characters (Mimi a bit more because the boss looks a little bit to slutty from the start)
So i would give a the Effie content a 5.5
Effie was indeed difficult. I talked about her with Boom, but he also had no ideas of how to develop her.
And with so many timeslots to fill, it was hard to get a clear path (I hinted about it in the text being Effie a mixed bag).
What was a point also is that Effie is no relative so there is no previous knowledge of each other and a whole new relation has to be built.
Because of Effie not being a relative, there is no obstruction of getting into sexual actions. So when the 1st steps are taken, sex is soon to follow.

So around the 6.5 mark for. the whole update, but i am going to make it a 7.0 because i am a fan of the Watersports events so :heartcoveredeyes: Not as good as the original work, but trying and learning to.

I am looking forward to Twin content in the future, but i am a little bit skeptical about the Mother and Sister content (Or afraid is maybe a better word). I hope that with those 2 characters you "just" follow the path that they are already on .

But for your first work and update (and although it took a couple months to long), this is pretty good.
There are many creators on this site who produce much, much worse for their first work.:)
The twins will be on hold for a while.
For Mother and Sister I will try to build on what's already there, just like I did with Auntie. And because you liked her update I have high hopes you will like my updates for Mother and Sister as well ;)

Taking me that long to finish this release has several causes:
- I had to learn how to use RPGMV, HSS, a capture tool and a video editing tool;
- The way the game was programmed was obstructing events for other characters than Mother and Sister on 11pm and I had to find a way around that;
- I'm doing this in my spare time and way too many things got in the way;
- When looking at the things mentioned above, I'm happy to have done this large release in 8 months as a full time game developer had the build I picked up on done in 6 months.

But all in all, glad you liked it! And a 7 score is pretty good for my 1st attempt on developing a game.

Excelsior!

Reactions: muttdoggy

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Can somebody says if I have all diary sites or telephone.

When I don´t have all can you say me what is missing and what I have to do to get it.

Chloe 1-6,8
Sarah 1-11
Effie 1-4
Chloe, I have 1-8. Number 7 is a toilet scene.
Sarah, I have the same as you
Effie, I only have 1-3. What is number 4?

Edit: As for Effie, get her corruption above 300 and you get the fourth message.
I'm missing the diary for Shannon ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Dole

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Bug

It looks like there is then aso a bug with Shannon when you are to high I have diary 1 & 5 from here.
It's not a bug, the game keeps track of the pages you should be able to read, depending on Auntie's CPs.
When you have her above 300 and then discover her diary, you'll get all the pages at once.
Or as many pages that are programmed for the level she's on. Being page 1 the initial page when discovering her diary.

badwonder

Apr 28, 2017
My dear , we have talked before and I have praised your work. First I am going to release all my negativity about the game, then I am going to praise you some more.

As I started a new game, the continuous mother level up scene plagued me too and because I generally level both mother and sister up at the same time, this caused me never to see the sister level up content.

This might be my hardware related issue but at 17:00 when I have fun with "toby" and Effie, the first animation has a colour glitch, the first few second changes colours. Also I encountered some random crashes out of nowhere, (again probably hardware related issue but) an auto save at the end of the day would be nice (if it is not too much of a problem)
and that is it! those are the only bugs I have found. (the others have already been mentioned so no need to repeat them)

Now negativity on the content, as everyone else I have no problem with Sharon, you did a very very good job continuing her story, but Effie; Effie feels rushed, as a fellow person who dabbles in stories, I want to ask what did you wanted to do? is she already a little bit naughty but with a pure side? or Pure with a naughty side? I think that is the only thing you need to establish the rest is and could be a-OK, on a personal note, Can we head-but the groceries guy? or at least kick him a bit?

As an occupational hazard I have to talk about fashion, those shoes on Effie and Ellis are hideous, peep toe low heel shoes with bright socks? Don't do it mate please don't, if there is no better option so be it, but those shoes, dammit even in real life people don't know how to pick shoes, so if I can even nudge you to change them a little I would call it a win.

I think this wraps up all my negative views, now time to praise:

1. Scenes are fukken fantastic, and I mean fantastic, but I have to admit that I laughed so hard at Shannon and Effie scenes, especially when the whole screen turns it reminded me of a 90's sitcom I used to watch as a kid, I am assuming you have done that knowingly, so be sure sir you have made me laugh.

2. Pure Effie scenes, the moment when we protect Effie it woken up that sleeping "big brother" in me, and of course "ı have taught" another lesson to the customer, had to started a save, didn't save before that but worth it. The moment I played that scene I was thinking one think and it was "so much win."

3. Being a tease with Sharon, I took both Sharon and Effie over 300 but, the moment I realised the end of the update I just went "but I want more!" as I always do.

4. The moment I saw the update I download it and started playing, that alone is a praise because, I have a backlog of games I need to play, but the moment I saw you and the game, I said: "fuck it! we are playing this today."

The amount of work you have put into this project shows, It just needs a little tweaking and that's all. Also I have to ask; Sharon's red top with bra showing, did you put it there just to make us laugh? (I did obviously), thanks for your hard work mate, hope to see a 0,7 so I can play like hell and criticise and praise like hell too.

Reactions: DrSmith

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
First of all, thank you (I'm starting to repeat myself here) for your elaborate response, I can work with that!
My dear , we have talked before and I have praised your work. First I am going to release all my negativity about the game, then I am going to praise you some more.

As I started a new game, the continuous mother level up scene plagued me too and because I generally level both mother and sister up at the same time, this caused me never to see the sister level up content.
That was indeed a shame, I was asked to make a provision to see that event again and it looked easy to implement (just set a switch or not) but the game handles that situation far more complex (I had to struggle with it when I started to get events for other characters possible at 11pm) and I overlooked that, resulting in named bug, sorry.

This might be my hardware related issue but at 17:00 when I have fun with "toby" and Effie, the first animation has a colour glitch, the first few second changes colours. Also I encountered some random crashes out of nowhere, (again probably hardware related issue but) an auto save at the end of the day would be nice (if it is not too much of a problem)
and that is it! those are the only bugs I have found. (the others have already been mentioned so no need to repeat them)
The blue flashes are not your fault, they enter my animations at random. I've tried everything to my knowledge (also asked Boom because he is/was using the same programs) but they keep turning up. Because they only last a few seconds and mostly at the start of an animation, which is pretty important, I decided not to cut that scene and keep it in the animation.

Now negativity on the content, as everyone else I have no problem with Sharon, you did a very very good job continuing her story, but Effie; Effie feels rushed, as a fellow person who dabbles in stories, I want to ask what did you wanted to do? is she already a little bit naughty but with a pure side? or Pure with a naughty side? I think that is the only thing you need to establish the rest is and could be a-OK, on a personal note, Can we head-but the groceries guy? or at least kick him a bit?
Effie was indeed a hard nut to crack. Boom introduced her in the game without further plans and I thought as she being a single character, she would do nicely in a team up with Shannon.
But(!), Effie was a clean slate with a home and a work place that was not particularly inviting for 'juicy' events.
So I thought hard to get events for all the timeslots to fill and not to make a complete fool of myself when describing Effie.
Therefore Effie is a pure girl enjoying her new found freedom and willing to explore everything that someone, who cares for her and respects her, comes up with. I hope you saw the event which tells something about Effie's background (it's in the Play tips how to get it).
And I said before that Effie is no relative of MC and that makes it easier to end up in sexual activities at an early point in the relation.

As an occupational hazard I have to talk about fashion, those shoes on Effie and Ellis are hideous, peep toe low heel shoes with bright socks? Don't do it mate please don't, if there is no better option so be it, but those shoes, dammit even in real life people don't know how to pick shoes, so if I can even nudge you to change them a little I would call it a win.
I looked at the outfit from a different point, it had to look good/sexy but have shoes on which you can stand and walk a whole day, high heels won't do that. They may look more in tune with the whole outfit and more pleasing to our eyes but people working as serving staff in bars and restaurants would cry out about them ;)

I think this wraps up all my negative views, now time to praise:

1. Scenes are fukken fantastic, and I mean fantastic, but I have to admit that I laughed so hard at Shannon and Effie scenes, especially when the whole screen turns it reminded me of a 90's sitcom I used to watch as a kid, I am assuming you have done that knowingly, so be sure sir you have made me laugh.
Yes, when Effie and Shannon switch positions, I had to come up with a transition and this looked like a nice one.
Glad it made you laugh.

2. Pure Effie scenes, the moment when we protect Effie it woken up that sleeping "big brother" in me, and of course "ı have taught" another lesson to the customer, had to started a save, didn't save before that but worth it. The moment I played that scene I was thinking one think and it was "so much win."
Those are the events that make Effie follow MC into whatever he comes up with, so win/win :D

3. Being a tease with Sharon, I took both Sharon and Effie over 300 but, the moment I realised the end of the update I just went "but I want more!" as I always do.
It pleases me to know that I have found the right mood for them.

4. The moment I saw the update I download it and started playing, that alone is a praise because, I have a backlog of games I need to play, but the moment I saw you and the game, I said: "fuck it! we are playing this today."
Thank you!

The amount of work you have put into this project shows, It just needs a little tweaking and that's all. Also I have to ask; Sharon's red top with bra showing, did you put it there just to make us laugh? (I did obviously), thanks for your hard work mate, hope to see a 0,7 so I can play like hell and criticise and praise like hell too.
I'm not sure I know what event you are talking about, I did Shannon's path first and that was finished some months ago, so I don't recall everything at once ;)
Again, thank you and your input is always welcome!

Reactions: badwonder

HathgarNiche

Jul 14, 2017
Is there any acutual sex with shannon? Every scenes says its the end of the path, but the most ive seen is some oral. I have her over 300 too.

phreakinowski

Dec 1, 2017
@DrSmith just wanted to check on when a new version of the Mac release might be available? If you need anyone to test it I would be happy to help, have done so for @Boomatica previously as well for Private Community.

r3ck5

Mar 19, 2017
So, for some reason my GUI just isn't there anymore. Happened when I was just going to the living room after playing for a little bit.

I'll attach my save (gonna need to be renamed to .rpgsave cause the forum doesn't accept those it seems.) in case it can help you troubleshoot it @DrSmith .. Luckily it was only like 15-20 mins of playtime since I was just rushing to check the content that's available now, but kind of weird that it happened.

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
It's not a bug, the game keeps track of the pages you should be able to read, depending on Auntie's CPs.
When you have her above 300 and then discover her diary, you'll get all the pages at once.
Or as many pages that are programmed for the level she's on. Being page 1 the initial page when discovering her diary.
Maybe you haven´t read it before I wrote I can´t get Chloe 7 diary´s page. Another player here have it. I played all possibles another time to check it and get nothing. So I think when you are to high you can´t get it. When you think it works you can answer easy the Question what I have to do to get it.

From Shannon first I have nothing then a player here give the hint with the pc and I tried it. I get the 1 and the 5 diary page. So it looks for me the 2-4 diary page is missing. I played another time all possibles with Shannon for a day and nothing. When you think it is not a bug you can answer easy the Question what I have to do to get it.

In a lot of Games bugs appears and it is not easy to say it is a bug or not or have you as player missed something. I asked here and get answers and I tried the answers out when I can´t solve it I think it is a bug or I don´t get an right answer.

Not long ago I asked here because I missed cgs in the cg gallery in another game and I asked how I get them. The answers here don´t help so I asked the producer (I wrote to a lot of producer or here and wrote the bugs and my homelanguage isn´t english and when you look on the sides they don´t get feedback before it and sometimes the games is out for weeks before I played it).

The producer said it works so I send him my saves after he checked it he find some bugs and some cgs was only available in the next version. As producer you have a lot of version and it can be that the last version is not the version is that he gave out.

When you don´t get feedback you will never know if it works or not. When I have problems and maybe some others aso to find these maybe why put something not in the intro that a player can see what he can do (read a diary or check the pc). I played these Game from you a lot of times from beginning and it sucks as player to start over and over again so it can be that as player you don´t check all because you are only interest in the new stuff. That means not that you have no interest in max out all what you can do (here diary/cellphone in other games cg and stats).

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
@DrSmith just wanted to check on when a new version of the Mac release might be available? If you need anyone to test it I would be happy to help, have done so for @Boomatica previously as well for Private Community.
Here's the (crunched) bugfix for Mac:
Links removed because I forgot to set the switch for the save files.

So, for some reason my GUI just isn't there anymore. Happened when I was just going to the living room after playing for a little bit.

I'll attach my save (gonna need to be renamed to .rpgsave cause the forum doesn't accept those it seems.) in case it can help you troubleshoot it @DrSmith .. Luckily it was only like 15-20 mins of playtime since I was just rushing to check the content that's available now, but kind of weird that it happened.

The controls are still there, so clicking on 'Home' or 'Map' will transfer you and the GUI should be there again.
It's something in the previous event that went wrong, do you know what you did before going to the lounge?

Maybe you haven´t read it before I wrote I can´t get Chloe 7 diary´s page. Another player here have it. I played all possibles another time to check it and get nothing. So I think when you are to high you can´t get it. When you think it works you can answer easy the Question what I have to do to get it.

From Shannon first I have nothing then a player here give the hint with the pc and I tried it. I get the 1 and the 5 diary page. So it looks for me the 2-4 diary page is missing. I played another time all possibles with Shannon for a day and nothing. When you think it is not a bug you can answer easy the Question what I have to do to get it.

In a lot of Games bugs appears and it is not easy to say it is a bug or not or have you as player missed something. I asked here and get answers and I tried the answers out when I can´t solve it I think it is a bug or I don´t get an right answer.

Not long ago I asked here because I missed cgs in the cg gallery in another game and I asked how I get them. The answers here don´t help so I asked the producer (I wrote to a lot of producer or here and wrote the bugs and my homelanguage isn´t english and when you look on the sides they don´t get feedback before it and sometimes the games is out for weeks before I played it).

The producer said it works so I send him my saves after he checked it he find some bugs and some cgs was only available in the next version. As producer you have a lot of version and it can be that the last version is not the version is that he gave out.

When you don´t get feedback you will never know if it works or not. When I have problems and maybe some others aso to find these maybe why put something not in the intro that a player can see what he can do (read a diary or check the pc). I played these Game from you a lot of times from beginning and it sucks as player to start over and over again so it can be that as player you don´t check all because you are only interest in the new stuff. That means not that you have no interest in max out all what you can do (here diary/cellphone in other games cg and stats).
I've looked into it and
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also from the first time you asked about Shannon's diary, I gathered you had pages 1-5 (1,2,3,4,5) ;)
Here is where to find all pages:

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes