Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
soooo the cheats dont work? i tried clicking the lower left corner and couldnt get anything to pop up.
The cheats menu can be accessed in an overview screen only (town map, home overview, Auntie's home overview, Effie's home overview and Coffee Shop overview), not when you are in a specific room.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Evertime I try to save or load, this happens
Let me guess, you're on a Mac?
Create the missing image by copying an existing one and rename it. You'll then get another error about a missing image in the /img/faces/ map, and create that too, just as the other one. Then you should be good to go.
I can't do anything else about it because the releases from RPGMV for OSx are not working properly. I have to use a workaround with a plugin because otherwise the rights for the save map are not set. But this plugin appearantly expects some other images. I can't test it myself because I have no Mac.

You can also try to download the PC version and run it with WINE.

Thanks to @phreakinowski, I know about this problem.

Deit1

Jul 7, 2017
Let me guess, you're on a Mac?
Create the missing image by copying an existing one and rename it. You'll then get another error about a missing image in the /img/faces/ map, and create that too, just as the other one. Then you should be good to go.
I can't do anything else about it because the releases from RPGMV for OSx are not working properly. I have to use a workaround with a plugin because otherwise the rights for the save map are not set. But this plugin appearantly expects some other images. I can't test it myself because I have no Mac.
No I'm on windows 7. I also already tried renaming png files, doesnt work for me. Tried !%24Player.png 24Player.png !24Player.png %24Player.png !%Player.png 1%24Player.png.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
No I'm on windows 7. I also already tried renaming png files, doesnt work for me. Tried !%24Player.png 24Player.png !24Player.png %24Player.png !%Player.png 1%24Player.png.
I've created a Win 7 VM (x64 and x86) and ran the game without any problems. Maybe there's something wrong with your download.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Downloaded the game again and still get the same errors. I give up lol.
That's too bad!
I just tested again (Windows 7 x64 and unzipped the HQ bugfix version with 7-zip) and had no problems.
I hope next release will be better for you.

Fata

Jul 23, 2017
Hey Guys, can someone tell me why Chloes Hair changed? Now she has short hair. Can i Change it back?

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Hey Guys, can someone tell me why Chloes Hair changed? Now she has short hair. Can i Change it back?
It was already in the game and is a result of Chloe's rising corruption.
Or to put it in another way: Chloe had to get short hair because the longer hair got in the way of some H-content (hair through neck when giving head and such). It caused some real disappointment when Boom had to do that, so your feelings are well known.

Reactions: SpartaKus57

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
The %24 thing is due to the use of in places such as ImageManager.loadBitmap. If you read the specs you will see that $ is one of the characters that will be encoded (to %24). Usually when I encounter this problem I dive into rpg_managers.js and rip it out. I don't know whether this is something in newer or older RPGMV builds, but I do know it also breaks on Linux (using nwjs engine). The reason why it fails is fairly obvious, there is no file called "blabla/%24blabla.jpg". On Windows it appears there is some backward translation (either by Chromium or by the OS) that takes the %24 and reverts it back to $, thus making it "work".

tl;dr: Rip out encodeURIComponent calls from rpg_managers.js to be able to play.

Reactions: DrSmith

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
The %24 thing is due to the use of in places such as ImageManager.loadBitmap. If you read the specs you will see that $ is one of the characters that will be encoded (to %24). Usually when I encounter this problem I dive into rpg_managers.js and rip it out. I don't know whether this is something in newer or older RPGMV builds, but I do know it also breaks on Linux (using nwjs engine). The reason why it fails is fairly obvious, there is no file called "blabla/%24blabla.jpg". On Windows it appears there is some backward translation (either by Chromium or by the OS) that takes the %24 and reverts it back to $, thus making it "work".

tl;dr: Rip out encodeURIComponent calls from rpg_managers.js to be able to play.
That's useful information, thank you!
And what do you mean by 'rip it out'? Do you remove the whole instruction in which it is called or do you replace it by something else? And if you replace it, by what?
So for instance, this is in the rpg_managers.js for this release:
"
AudioManager.createBuffer = function(folder, name) {
var ext = this.audioFileExt();
var url = this._path + folder + '/' + encodeURIComponent(name) + ext;
"
How would it look like after you've edited the file?

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
In the example you posted, replace "encodeURIComponent(name)" with "name". Do the same thing for all other instances of encodeURIComponent in rpg_managers.js. Enjoy.
Thanks!
One question still: do I keep the brackets or just "name"? Sorry, I'm a newbie in JavaScript.
So, "var url = this._path + folder + '/' + (name) + ext" or
"var url = this._path + folder + '/' + name + ext"?
My guess is the last one ;)

lilnoobie

Dec 14, 2016
just finished playing with ur update @DrSmith, i like it, it feels to me that you captured booms vision and then put ur own little spin on it perfectly, i really liked shannons continued path, and effie is pretty cool, cant wait for ur next instalment, will there be anything with the twins? :p keep up the good work bud..

Reactions: DrSmith
3.90 star(s) 13 Votes