Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
just finished playing with ur update @DrSmith, i like it, it feels to me that you captured booms vision and then put ur own little spin on it perfectly, i really liked shannons continued path, and effie is pretty cool, cant wait for ur next instalment, will there be anything with the twins? :p keep up the good work bud..
Thank you!
I hope I can do the same with Sarah and Chloe as I did with Shannon (at least that's where I'm aiming at).
The twins will be on hold, I'm afraid. I don't have figured out how to develop them and give them their place in the game.
Maybe once I get going with this release and something pops up. The last release was so large that it needed all my concentration on the game mechanics and the stories for Shannon and Effie.

Speaking of the next release, I have started working on a video library where you can replay (some) events for each character. I have set it up, made the app button and implemented the call and now I'm firstly filling it with Effie and Shannon, because they are the best known to me (program wise). When that is done, I'm going through all the events for Sarah and Chloe, deciding which events will fill the library. And in doing this get the feeling for them and then build on the next level for them.

Let me show what I have so far:
The new 'video library' app for the GUI Invoke video.png

The overview:
Choose character.png

And finally the events to choose from (at this moment I have made room for 72 events)
Choose video.png

I hope you all like it (I do!) ;)

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
Thanks!
One question still: do I keep the brackets or just "name"? Sorry, I'm a newbie in JavaScript.
So, "var url = this._path + folder + '/' + (name) + ext" or
"var url = this._path + folder + '/' + name + ext"?
My guess is the last one ;)
Doesn't actually matter, enclosing something within parentheses just causes the enclosed expression evaluated first which in this case is a noop as the expression itself is a variable name. As for style, most people probably prefer the latter version.

Reactions: DrSmith

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Doesn't actually matter, enclosing something within parentheses just causes the enclosed expression evaluated first which in this case is a noop as the expression itself is a variable name. As for style, most people probably prefer the latter version.
Ok, both should work, understood. Thanks!
And as I gather, the latter would be more 'efficient' because this skips an evaluation step (and it looks better).

HathgarNiche

Jul 14, 2017
Thank you!
The twins will be on hold, I'm afraid. I don't have figured out how to develop them and give them their place in the game.
Just spitballing. Cause the game was originally a parady on making patreon games, could have the twins be a paarady on fake gamer girl twitch streamers. They could already be super slutty, and you have to convince them its worth your while to be super slutty with you, or you they could be prude fake gamer girls and you have to convince turn them into your slutty cam girls.

Not anything i am asking for, it just popped into my head while reading your post.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Wait a minute... Are all the girls around Chloe's age going to have that tied crop top look?
There'll be a change of clothes at level up.

And another important notice:
I have cancelled the BMAC account!
Those amateurs keep messing up the payout and every time I mail them, they just repeat everything that went wrong with the payout and expect a different result (Einstein said something about that).
They neglect to look further into things and I'm really pissed at those guys now! So much I will never use their "services" again, not even for donating to other people (I'll stick with Patreon, although that's also not perfect).

Reactions: SpartaKus57

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Thinking about trying this game... Any insight on the play ??? Cliff hangers, straight forward, or choice paths ???

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Just played it... Cant seem to fuck the aunt yet, or pussy fuck the mom... Can do everthing else with those 2, and sister... When does MC get to knock up the sister ???
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Pussy fuck for mom will be in the coming update.
And pregnancy, well that'll take a while still ;)

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Actually got mom, got up to go @ 7 one morn, she called me to room, said she had got sister the pills, then fucked me... Only one time, cant get it to happen again... Thanks, for the awsome game, Dr. Smith...

Reactions: ForeverFree2Be

Angora Kitty

Sep 20, 2018
What I disliked at older versions, was the sound.
I would be happy for a little bit more different ingame-sound, than only a 'control-beep' :)
Or maybe background-music.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
What I disliked at older versions, was the sound.
I would be happy for a little bit more different ingame-sound, than only a 'control-beep' :)
Or maybe background-music.
Under 'Options' all sounds can be set to mute.
Adding sound and/or music would be accompanied by some extra things: rights have to be bought, choosing the right sound/piece of music for an event, adding to the (already large) game size.
And then you'll have differences in taste, I could set something as a background music and some will love it and some will hate it and some will turn it off anyway.
In short, a lot of work and expenses for a minor upgrade.

random.person

Aug 11, 2017
Under 'Options' all sounds can be set to mute.
Adding sound and/or music would be accompanied by some extra things: rights have to be bought, choosing the right sound/piece of music for an event, adding to the (already large) game size.
And then you'll have differences in taste, I could set something as a background music and some will love it and some will hate it and some will turn it off anyway.
In short, a lot of work and expenses for a minor upgrade.
True.
I play the game with glorious USSR anthem in the background, Kappa.

Feb 8, 2018
Just played it... Cant seem to fuck the aunt yet, or pussy fuck the mom... Can do everthing else with those 2, and sister... When does MC get to knock up the sister ???
I'm definitely in the same boat; I'm pretty much finger biting (chomping at the bit?) for the game to get there, this is it's major appeal besides the inc3$t aspects to my mind. I do ofc know it'll take time, it's complex etc.- I'm willing to wait, just wanted to express my absolute desire for the same as well as appreciation both to the original author as well as DrSmith's excellent adoption skills! Thanks so much and excited with every release.

Oh, my $0.02 regarding the twins: hentai twins are inevitably either psycho witches or highly competitive of each other, sometimes downright abusive. I suggest that in keeping with the parody theme, perhaps you consider playing them off each other as they started, maybe use one's attentions to manipulate the other, possibly make one a total slave at risk of making the other an active enemy, or something like that. Having said that, I do want them both barefoot and pregnant having orgies with PC and NPC's! LOL.

Mar 21, 2018
The Mega for Windows seems to have a problem with bringing up the Save/Load screen. It keeps saying “Failed to load: IMG/characters/!%24Player.png” I am currently placing all of the copied files into the 0.6.0 version and merging everything to see if it will start working. I just downloaded this today, btw.
[Edit] Nope, doesn't work.

Reactions: JJsworld

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
The Mega for Windows seems to have a problem with bringing up the Save/Load screen. It keeps saying “Failed to load: IMG/characters/!%24Player.png” I am currently placing all of the copied files into the 0.6.0 version and merging everything to see if it will start working. I just downloaded this today, btw.
[Edit] Nope, doesn't work.
That problem was encountered by someone else also.
The solution can be found and some posts after that.

Edit rpg_managers.js and replace all occurences of 'encodeURIComponent(name)' with just 'name' (without the quotes) and you should be good to go.

king1828

Jul 8, 2017
i'm having a similar issue, i also cant bring up the save/load screen. mine says "failed to load:img/faces/hero.png" i tried the solution mentioned above but it stilldid not work. i went to www then js and tryed to edit rpg managers, however i only found one occurence of 'encodeURIComponent(name)'. i changed it but it did nothing. dowloaded from nopy if that helps

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes