Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Here's the (crunched) bugfix for Mac:

The controls are still there, so clicking on 'Home' or 'Map' will transfer you and the GUI should be there again.
It's something in the previous event that went wrong, do you know what you did before going to the lounge?

I've looked into it and
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also from the first time you asked about Shannon's diary, I gathered you had pages 1-5 (1,2,3,4,5) ;)
Here is where to find all pages:

I am to high so I hope you change it that you get it all time that is what I mean.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
I am to high so I hope you change it that you get it all time that is what I mean.
I already thought of that and it will be in the next release.
for now, you could use the cheat menu to set Shannon's CP's and just play those events or just unlock all content.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
@DrSmith just wanted to check on when a new version of the Mac release might be available? If you need anyone to test it I would be happy to help, have done so for @Boomatica previously as well for Private Community.
Hi Phreakinowski, <--- You really need a shorter name my friend ^^
I sent Dr.Smith the plugin I used to fix the issue you were having regarding the saves.
The "crunched" mac fix he linked should work for you.

If not please let us know.

-Boom

Reactions: phreakinowski

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
@DrSmith just wanted to check on when a new version of the Mac release might be available? If you need anyone to test it I would be happy to help, have done so for @Boomatica previously as well for Private Community.
Here's the (crunched) bugfix for Mac:

The controls are still there, so clicking on 'Home' or 'Map' will transfer you and the GUI should be there again.
It's something in the previous event that went wrong, do you know what you did before going to the lounge?

I've looked into it and
Also from the first time you asked about Shannon's diary, I gathered you had pages 1-5 (1,2,3,4,5) ;)
Here is where to find all pages:
Hi Phreakinowski, <--- You really need a shorter name my friend ^^
I sent Dr.Smith the plugin I used to fix the issue you were having regarding the saves.
The "crunched" mac fix he linked should work for you.

If not please let us know.

-Boom
I'm so stupid! I totally forgot to set that switch! That's what you get when you try multitasking.

One new crunched version coming up, it will be ready in a few hours.

camoway

May 15, 2017
This is very very very hard to enjoy as the scenes self-progress and are not repeatable in anyway. I see you might have to redo some of the animations so may I recommend an excellent scene progression mechanic? Max'sLife "the photography sessions" The best of any game this year. A tap action progresses through the angles and after unlocking that scene it is repeatable "given that same time and location" Anyway I really like this game but I can't enjoy it as thoroughly as I would like. Can't cum to a 20-sec animation that only plays once that I grinded for that's not fair.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
This is very very very hard to enjoy as the scenes self-progress and are not repeatable in anyway. I see you might have to redo some of the animations so may I recommend an excellent scene progression mechanic? Max'sLife "the photography sessions" The best of any game this year. A tap action progresses through the angles and after unlocking that scene it is repeatable "given that same time and location" Anyway I really like this game but I can't enjoy it as thoroughly as I would like. Can't cum to a 20-sec animation that only plays once that I grinded for that's not fair.
The animations will stay that way. If I have to recreate them, hoping those flashes won't turn up this time, it will take a considerable amount of time, that I'd rather spend on the next release.

Max's Life is in Ren'Py and this is an RPGMaker MV game. Which means I have no control over an animation other than to end it with ESC or Enter. So the angles will be fixed and of my choosing for all animations in this game.

I thought that some events had to be repeatable too and I'm now looking into a 'Video Library' function, where you can watch the events, you've done, again.

Reactions: camoway

Rolo

Jul 14, 2017
Hi DrSmith, I really appreciate your work, thanks. (RIC is one of my favourites since beginning).

Question. Can we download full versions in future (not the crunched ones) ?
Download time and hard disk space are no arguments for me, but quality definitely is.

Reactions: John573

camoway

May 15, 2017
The animations will stay that way. If I have to recreate them, hoping those flashes won't turn up this time, it will take a considerable amount of time, that I'd rather spend on the next release.

Max's Life is in Ren'Py and this is an RPGMaker MV game. Which means I have no control over an animation other than to end it with ESC or Enter. So the angles will be fixed and of my choosing for all animations in this game.

I thought that some events had to be repeatable too and I'm now looking into a 'Video Library' function, where you can watch the events, you've done, again.
Thanks for considering my opinion I am flattered, you made my day :)

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Hi DrSmith, I really appreciate your work, thanks. (RIC is one of my favourites since beginning).

Question. Can we download full versions in future (not the crunched ones) ?
Download time and hard disk space are no arguments for me, but quality definitely is.
Yes, I want to release a normal and a crunched one in the future. The reason I now release only crunched ones is that the bugfix is really small and the original release can be played almost as well (as long as you keep in mind).
And to get the hang of this tool from @bossapplesauce, I managed to get it working for the Mac releases also without tampering with my original game files.
I can always get a full bugfix out when people want it.

Reactions: Rolo

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Well here it is v0.6.5 Bugfix OSx:
- HQ

- Crunched

And for Windows/Linux the HQ version of v0.6.5 Bugfix:

Reactions: kemcbg

HathgarNiche

Jul 14, 2017

Just wondering, would it not be possible to make scenes repeatable by making them choices? For example, chloe at the dishes, you have two options to talk to her or leave her alone, why not a third option that is past events, that then lists all previous events with that character at that place and time for you to select? Personally i'd love new versions of those repeatable scenes when the highest corruption is reached, sometimes the simplest things can be the hottest when the partner is ready and willing. But thats that me. I do think the repeatable option could be goode, and also hopefully be the least amount of work for you?

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Just wondering, would it not be possible to make scenes repeatable by making them choices? For example, chloe at the dishes, you have two options to talk to her or leave her alone, why not a third option that is past events, that then lists all previous events with that character at that place and time for you to select? Personally i'd love new versions of those repeatable scenes when the highest corruption is reached, sometimes the simplest things can be the hottest when the partner is ready and willing. But thats that me. I do think the repeatable option could be goode, and also hopefully be the least amount of work for you?
To some degree the event is repeatable already: go to the cheat menu and set the right time for the event to repeat.
Only draw back for this is that you keep getting CP's for the character involved and that levelling up may be there too soon.

I think that a repeat in the event itself doesn't work for the gameplay, too disruptive for the flow of events. With an animation library everyone can choose when to go that and choose the animation he wants to see.
Yes, it'll be more work but will look better in the long run and I don't mind the extra work as long as it keeps the quality of the game up.

Reactions: HathgarNiche

Rokohn

Jan 26, 2018
Anyone can tell me if there's any way to hide the Text/chat? Like pressing the middle botton of mouse on most games.
Thanks

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
hmm how do you access shannons diary? it doesn't to want to give me pages as I corrupt her.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Anyone can tell me if there's any way to hide the Text/chat? Like pressing the middle botton of mouse on most games.
Thanks
No, although there is a plugin for that now (Boom uses it).
All images and animations use an overlay and hiding the text will not help in getting to see more.
It was the original design for the game to hide the 'Illusion' watermark and for the text area being not too disruptive for the image.

I can turn off the overlay for the images but that would be permanent and because the animations all have the overlay embedded, it would really look strange.

Reactions: Rokohn

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
hmm how do you access shannons diary? it doesn't to want to give me pages as I corrupt her.
Hope you are not too high in CP's with Shannon otherwise there's only the unlock option in the cheat menu left to get all pages. Or set her down in corruption and play the events again.

Reactions: jackkane

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
Hope you are not too high in CP's with Shannon otherwise there's only the unlock option in the cheat menu left to get all pages. Or set her down in corruption and play the events again.
can you fuck shannon yet i got over 300 cp with her, and her 1st 5 diary pages.

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes