Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
i'm having a similar issue, i also cant bring up the save/load screen. mine says "failed to load:img/faces/hero.png" i tried the solution mentioned above but it stilldid not work. i went to www then js and tryed to edit rpg managers, however i only found one occurence of 'encodeURIComponent(name)'. i changed it but it did nothing. dowloaded from nopy if that helps
To my knowledge that problem only occurred on Mac. Go to the map mentioned in the error and copy an existing .png and rename it to hero.png. Chances are that you will get another error about a missing image and resolve that in the same way. Then you should be good to go.

king1828

Jul 8, 2017
To my knowledge that problem only occurred on Mac. Go to the map mentioned in the error and copy an existing .png and rename it to hero.png. Chances are that you will get another error about a missing image and resolve that in the same way. Then you should be good to go.
Im on windows. that fixed it for now, thank you.

1Teddy1

May 17, 2018
How do I extract the split one, It only lets me extract 01 but the others don't extract.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
How do I extract the split one, It only lets me extract 01 but the others don't extract.
Download all files, unzip the 1st one and the others will be processed automatically. After unzipping you should have a game map of app. 4GB (if you've downloaded the HD one).

Reactions: 1Teddy1

1Teddy1

May 17, 2018
Download all files, unzip the 1st one and the others will be processed automatically. After unzipping you should have a game map of app. 4GB (if you've downloaded the HD one).
Thank you, I just got confused when I did not see it getting extracted(In others you see the title of the change from one number to the other when you extract it).

May 15, 2017
Hi

Thanks for the game I just started and like it so far. However I sometimes get stuck when I try to go to map from Effie's apartment. Instead of going straight to map, I get a view of a door with text saying "you hear a knock on the door" or something like that. After that I cannot do anything. No Icons on screen to click on, the only thing I can do is hit f4 to go full screen or escape to exit to menu.

I have this version: RIC - 0.6.5 Bugfix HQ Windows-Linux

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Hi

Thanks for the game I just started and like it so far. However I sometimes get stuck when I try to go to map from Effie's apartment. Instead of going straight to map, I get a view of a door with text saying "you hear a knock on the door" or something like that. After that I cannot do anything. No Icons on screen to click on, the only thing I can do is hit f4 to go full screen or escape to exit to menu.

I have this version: RIC - 0.6.5 Bugfix HQ Windows-Linux
Thank you!

What are Effie's CP's when that happens? And do you end up on the map without the icons showing or are you stuck somewhere else?
If you are stuck on the map without the icons showing, the functions are still there. So try to guess where they are and press one. Chances are it will be resolved after that.

I'll look into it when I start working on RiC again (for now private things come first).

Reactions: John573

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
You gotta love those games where there are no game over endings and all of a sudden and without warning --> boom, go back to the title screen or load an old save and lose massive progress.
The new update is pretty good, but this is just bullshit. Is there a way to increase stats manually without messing everything up?

May 15, 2017
Thank you!

What are Effie's CP's when that happens? And do you end up on the map without the icons showing or are you stuck somewhere else?
If you are stuck on the map without the icons showing, the functions are still there. So try to guess where they are and press one. Chances are it will be resolved after that.

I'll look into it when I start working on RiC again (for now private things come first).
Hi thanks for responding to me and sorry I haven't been on for a while that's why I haven't responded.

Effie's CP's are low like in the 30s. I do not end up in the map. I am looking at a door with no icons to click on. This seems to only happen at 6pm, it hasn't happened at any other time or in any other situation.

After I wrote that I played on and after getting her key this hasn't happened anymore. I would just save before going to Effie's in case I got stuck. Like I said that would only happen with Effie and at one time of day so other than that the game has been great.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Hi thanks for responding to me and sorry I haven't been on for a while that's why I haven't responded.

Effie's CP's are low like in the 30s. I do not end up in the map. I am looking at a door with no icons to click on. This seems to only happen at 6pm, it hasn't happened at any other time or in any other situation.

After I wrote that I played on and after getting her key this hasn't happened anymore. I would just save before going to Effie's in case I got stuck. Like I said that would only happen with Effie and at one time of day so other than that the game has been great.
Thanks for the reply, now I know where to look for.
The 6pm timeslot is a special one: Effie's taking a bath then and you can only see that event when you are already in the house (entered at 5pm and stayed) or have her key.
Something in that piece of code is acting up, I'll put it on my to do list for the next release!

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
You gotta love those games where there are no game over endings and all of a sudden and without warning --> boom, go back to the title screen or load an old save and lose massive progress.
The new update is pretty good, but this is just bullshit. Is there a way to increase stats manually without messing everything up?
On every 'overview' map (Town Map, Home Overview, Shannon's Home, Effie's home and Coffee Shop) there's the possibilty to go to the cheats menu, click in the left bottom corner of the screen to enter it.

Reactions: Lotex

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
On every 'overview' map (Town Map, Home Overview, Shannon's Home, Effie's home and Coffee Shop) there's the possibilty to go to the cheats menu, click in the left bottom corner of the screen to enter it.
Thanks, I'll take a look at it later, I didn't remember that this game had such an option before, but it's also been quite a long time since I've played it.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
when there are new updates
thank
Besides some small work on the (new!) video library, nothing else is done.
I need to get the things I've postponed for the current release done before I can start working on the new release in earnest.

I have been thinking though about 3 maps in the game: School, Beach and Office. They offer more opportunities for events than currently is implemented.
When I was going over them (a little), I thought that School should stay as it is for now. But the Beach and Office will get an overhaul. Those maps are fully Sarah dependent and now that Shannon is also in the game I want to offer more choices of what to do there: 'look around', 'look for Sarah' and 'look for Shannon'. Also need to figure out how to progress Sarah and Chloe because they are almost switch driven in the game whereas Shannon and Effie are more depending on their CP's.
I want to straighten that out, so it's more obvious in the HUD at what level you are with a character.

All in all, done nothing much so far.
Starting soon to get working on the next release though. And it will be a bit larger than planned beforehand, because I just wanted to do events for Chloe and Sarah but now I think it's important to do events for Shannon on 2 more maps as well.

I'll be keeping you all informed on the progress with the new release when I've started.

*inhales*Boi

May 8, 2018
ran into a pretty serious bug, when i end the day it tells me "you have paid for effies pills, sex will be available for another week" after i move on from this text box the screen goes black and stays black no matter what i do. is there a fix?

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
ran into a pretty serious bug, when i end the day it tells me "you have paid for effies pills, sex will be available for another week" after i move on from this text box the screen goes black and stays black no matter what i do. is there a fix?
How did you end the day?
Was it after an event ended or did you skip time and where were you when you ended the day?
Chances are the right map is there but not shown, try to guess where the "go to map" button is (right top of screen) and click there. See if that fixes it.
For now I don't have the time to fix it but I'll definitely look into it when I start working on the next release.

*inhales*Boi

May 8, 2018
i tried that, there are numbers in the lower left(my corruption stats i assume?) and they flashed when i hit where the map was but everything remained black
as for how i ended the day it didnt seem to matter since it still happened regardless of ending via waiting an hour or ending via molesting the sleeping effie

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
i tried that, there are numbers in the lower left(my corruption stats i assume?) and they flashed when i hit where the map was but everything remained black
as for how i ended the day it didnt seem to matter since it still happened regardless of ending via waiting an hour or ending via molesting the sleeping effie
Thanks for the reply :)
Now I know where to look: Effie's home.
And I'll look into the plugin for the HUD. I already know that it becomes unstable when it has too many things to display (that's why I did an overhaul on the UI). It may interfere with other display settings.

Well, another thing added for my to-do list.

Abîme

Sep 27, 2018
Do you have an idea of the next update release date ?
The game is awsome, and you manage to keep the same "spirit" Kudos to you:)

Reactions: DrSmith
3.90 star(s) 13 Votes