Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

rook

Aug 9, 2016
For your APK issue, you could use expansion files. That would allow you to go higher than 2gb by placing some assets in an .obb as a patch.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
For your APK issue, you could use expansion files. That would allow you to go higher than 2gb by placing some assets in an .obb as a patch.
Yes, that's what I also figured out. I get an extra 2GB that way (still seems the right thing to do to crunch the content).
I'll have to find a way how to create an expansion file from within Android Studio. Can't find the right instructions for now.
So if you know how, please let me know (I'm using this guide: )

rook

Aug 9, 2016

That's the best I've got for now. It looks like the same dude put his tutorial on there as well, but it seems like more people have asked and answered questions. On page 2, a guy gives a possible solution involving splitting assets into an .OBB. Not sure if it helps, but hopefully it'll get you pointed in the right direction.

Reactions: DrSmith

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017

That's the best I've got for now. It looks like the same dude put his tutorial on there as well, but it seems like more people have asked and answered questions. On page 2, a guy gives a possible solution involving splitting assets into an .OBB. Not sure if it helps, but hopefully it'll get you pointed in the right direction.
I've read that thread too and all I could find is: 'Easiest way to go about it is to use Android SDK's jobb tool to create an expansion file and mount it using StorageManager. '.
Now I just have to find that SDK tool and how to deploy it (and that's not in that thread) ;)

That's the problem with people who are so into something, that they forget how hard it is for a new user/developer to find the right tools/instructions/parameters.
I'm registered on that forum and when I can't find it myself, I'll ask in that thread.

Reactions: JJsworld

rook

Aug 9, 2016
You already have it. It's a command line tool, kinda like sudo or nmap or ping. Not sure how comfy you are with command line stuff, but links related should help.

Reactions: DrSmith

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
You already have it. It's a command line tool, kinda like sudo or nmap or ping. Not sure how comfy you are with command line stuff, but links related should help.

Thanks!
I'll look into that.

I'm totally new to Android, Linux and the sort. But I'm not too inexperienced to not get the meaning of some instructions and I'm not afraid to use them ( I have managed to install the latest LMS on my QNAP NAS using command lines ;) ).

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Last try:
I uninstalled Android Studio and the repository for RPGMV and installed it again.
Started a new project following the guide and made sure all images and animations were crunched.

This would build me an APK within the limits and with all the animations. And that APK would install and play in BlueStacks.
Although, still no animations showing :(
I think all the calls to play an animation are removed from the game when deploying for Android and manually adding the movies folder doesn't do anything (except for creating a larger APK).

Then I tried to deploy a Linux port and get Android Studio working from that, but Android has different needs for file formats than Linux and this resulted in errors while still importing the assets into Android Studio. So no luck there also.

In short: Android ports are possible but not with animations!
And because animations are the main part of the higher level events, this is not a desired result (at least not by me).
Therefore I'll not be releasing any Android ports.

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Maybe Boom will pick it up, for android port. Alot of pc games are redone for android, by them... Dr. Smith, great game, keep it up !!!

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Maybe Boom will pick it up, for android port. Alot of pc games are redone for android, by them... Dr. Smith, great game, keep it up !!!
I already came further than Boom with getting an actual APK that ran.
He knows my findings and he will certainly try it (and I'll help) but it could be just a limit for how far an RPGMV game can be ported to Android.

Maybe, because Boom is using RPGMV 1.6.1, he can get the animations working.
Or that he knows how to script the 'Play Movie' command from RPGMV so that it can be ported to Android. I'm too much of a novice for such a try.

When looking for scripts myself, I found a plugin with an own videoplayer for RPGMV. I'll start looking into it tomorrow.

IdleGuy

Aug 7, 2016
Is there any content for the two main women after 300CP and anal for mum and sex for sis respectively?
The morning rituals don't mention "end of content" whereas most of the evening stuff does.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
How to Pregnancy Character ??
Pregnancy is not in the game yet ;)

Is there any content for the two main women after 300CP and anal for mum and sex for sis respectively?
The morning rituals don't mention "end of content" whereas most of the evening stuff does.
There is some more content after 300 CP, you can go to 400 CP, but it is not very CP dependant more 'action' dependant. Like Sex-ed for Chloe or massages for Sarah.

Both points above will be looked at when I start with the next release.
Alas can't do much at the moment because I'm down with pneumonia.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Hi a possible release date for the new patch?
No, all I have done so far is getting started with a new function: video library, where you can replay some events and think about what to tackle in this release.

I have to get things sorted out at home first and health hasn't been too cooperative either.
I hope to get started soon, though.

Also, this release will be a little larger than first planned because I won't extend on the paths of Sarah and Chloe alone, I will also make changes to 2 maps: the office and the beach. Because they are now evolving around Sarah and now that Shannon's come into play those maps need some more options and events ;)

So it will still be a while before the next release is out but I'll be posting here about the progress once I've started working on it.

Angora Kitty

Sep 20, 2018
I dont unterstand some on the 'Cloè'-path: 6am-anal-sex is possible. 'It hurts a little bit, but it doesnt matters'; 8pm at same day 'Sorry, your cute ass is too much small. Train more'
I think, when one-time anal is possible, allways it shall be possible.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
I dont unterstand some on the 'Cloè'-path: 6am-anal-sex is possible. 'It hurts a little bit, but it doesnt matters'; 8pm at same day 'Sorry, your cute ass is too much small. Train more'
I think, when one-time anal is possible, allways it shall be possible.
That's because anal for Chloe was just 'introduced' when the original developer had to stop with the game and I thought it more important to add more women to the game at first.
So there never has been an update for Chloe's path from that time.

Chloe's path will be extended in coming release.

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes