Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Yeah Dr. Smith !!! Think you told me this about 2 months ago, in a post...

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Yeah Dr. Smith !!! Think you told me this about 2 months ago, in a post...
That could well be ;)

Pregnacy was in the requests from the higher tier patrons of Boomatica and I said that I would honor those requests when I took over. And now it is planned to be initiated in the coming release.
I finally see some spare time coming up to start working again....

Reactions: Maldus and JJsworld

DSchar

Oct 4, 2018
Actually liking the gameplay, and to top it off all the scenes are really good, I especially think the date scenes are proper jokes tbh. Only thing we need is another updated version of the game cus its enjoyable, similar to View of Family.

Reactions: DrSmith

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Actually liking the gameplay, and to top it off all the scenes are really good, I especially think the date scenes are proper jokes tbh. Only thing we need is another updated version of the game cus its enjoyable, similar to View of Family.
Thank you.

And what date scenes do you mean, so I can see what works ;)

Updates are irregular and long under way because I'm doing this in my spare time and I want to do job as good as possible to honor the original creator.

DSchar

Oct 4, 2018
Thank you.

And what date scenes do you mean, so I can see what works ;)

Updates are irregular and long under way because I'm doing this in my spare time and I want to do job as good as possible to honor the original creator.
It was the first few date scenes with Effie, the mc always wants to go for "hamburgers" and i just found that quite funny.
But anyway, I personally think this game could go really well, it's similar to "View of Family" and "Harem Villa", so it has a chance of getting on the same level of content.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
And there was much rejoicing....

I have started working on the next release!
Finally some spare time was ahead of me and my health is keeping up.

I'm leaving the video library "as is" for the moment, because that'll be a matter of copy and paste to get ready (but still a considerable amount of work), and I am busy creating a new map for the beach and looking into the transition events for Sarah and Chloe.

For the beach I have thought out some new actions and events, so the 4pm timeslot will become even more enjoyable.

The transition events are very complex at the moment (some people have experienced a bug when I thought to make a small change to get the last one repeatable) and are nearing their max event pages.
I am experimenting with a new way to get those transitions into the game which should make the game faster responding, the maintenance much easier and give more room for transition events in the future.
First tests indicate that I'm on the right track! I even found a small bug (which should appear very rarely) and fixed it in the process.

As always, I'll keep you posted.

Garg22

Oct 30, 2017
Sounds great. You've really carried this Smith, so I hope your health is nothing but good, with enough money to have a bunch of free time in the future.

J0K3RXXX

Dec 7, 2018
I am glad to know that you are in better health (it comes first), and that you are already organizing the next update.

MerricWolfe92

Nov 20, 2018
As I was cruising through Patreon I discovered @Boomatica and noticed that he had turned over one of his games to @DrSmith. My question is, how do I access the game? Is it free to play now or is there another support site where I can gain access?

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
As I was cruising through Patreon I discovered @Boomatica and noticed that he had turned over one of his games to @DrSmith. My question is, how do I access the game? Is it free to play now or is there another support site where I can gain access?
The game is free and the download link is in the OP.

I'm doing this as a hobby and for the RiC fans (including me). And to keep it a hobby, I'm not charging anything, although donations are always welcome ;)
You can make a donation if you feel like it (see my signature).

Reactions: jackkane and DJsona

MerricWolfe92

Nov 20, 2018
The game is free and the download link is in the OP.

I'm doing this as a hobby and for the RiC fans (including me). And to keep it a hobby, I'm not charging anything, although donations are always welcome ;)
You can make a donation if you feel like it (see my signature).
You're a gentleman and a scholar sir, I will definitely check out the signature.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Update:

I've managed to tackle the transitions, they should run much smoother from now on.

I'm going through the events and code for Sarah's and Chloe's paths and I'm running into an enourmous amount of switches and dummy events to handle them. I have decided to reduce the amount of switches and dummy events in order to keep the flow of the program a bit more simple.
Therefore I've created level counters for several events (massage, sex-ed and dinner and such). Now the problem is that RPGMV has more options (2) for checking switches for starting events than it has for checking variables (1). So I've come up with a combined level indicator because some events only start when Sarah and Chloe both are at a specific level. This way I only need to check 1 variable in stead of 2 switches and the values are more explanatory, so easier to build on for next releases.

When I have enough of the coding, I start HSS and I am now creating the images for the new beach map.
Here's a start:
Beach_Sarah_Shannon.png

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
The Aunt will have new content too in the next update ?
The beach as it is now, is only Sarah orientated. But because Shannon has leveled up in the last release, I think it's only logical to rewrite the beach and introduce also some events for Shannon.
And I plan to do the same for the office ;)
So, yes! Shannon will have some new content in this release too. But she will stay at the same level as she is now.

And in my update I forgot to mention that using the new level indicator for Sarah and Chloe will have a better working of the Cheats Menu: I can adjust the levels according to the CP and this way transitions will also be repeated when leveling down.

Abîme

Sep 27, 2018
OK, no leveling for her, but some change in beach and office, that's great to hear(y)
So Sarah and Chloe seem's to be the Stars of the next update:giggle:

PZvor22

Feb 1, 2019
I downloaded the HQ windows mega link in the OP but when I went to extract it it came up with an error saying there were no libraries to extract, do you know what could cause this?

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
I downloaded the HQ windows mega link in the OP but when I went to extract it it came up with an error saying there were no libraries to extract, do you know what could cause this?
How did you extract the files? You only need to extract the 1st one and the others are processed in the same run.

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes