Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
hope your keeping well drsmith

I'm in home isolation right now. Only outings are to put out the trash (exhausting) and visits to the hospital (scary) for tests and consults.
Tests I had last Thursday and tomorrow I'm getting the results.
See if the drugs I was prescribed did some good (and are worth the heavy side effects), although I hardly notice any difference (so still short of breath, having almost no energy, tingling hands and painful tendons after a little walk/exercise) but at least no further deterioration.

Mentally it's getting harder and harder to keep things together. Hope that will change when I get some good results from those tests.

metalspace

Jun 30, 2018

I'm in home isolation right now. Only outings are to put out the trash (exhausting) and visits to the hospital (scary) for tests and consults.
Tests I had last Thursday and tomorrow I'm getting the results.
See if the drugs I was prescribed did some good (and are worth the heavy side effects), although I hardly notice any difference (so still short of breath, having almost no energy, tingling hands and painful tendons after a little walk/exercise) but at least no further deterioration.

Mentally it's getting harder and harder to keep things together. Hope that will change when I get some good results from those tests.
That sounds rough. All the best for the results and further recovery, Doc. Take care of yourself, man and stay strong.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Well some good and some bad news:
- my results were good, meaning I didn't deteriorate but I can't expect any improvements either;
- previous means I'll be tired, short of breath and badly concentrated for the rest of my life, fortunately I only need to hold out some 3-5 years.

All in all not the conditions in which I see opportunities to pick up devving on RiC again.

Well that was the bad part, now to the good part:
I have found someone who is willing to take on devving on RiC again, we both felt that RiC is too nice a game to get abandoned (sounds familiar ;) ).
Also my predecessor liked the idea, so now at this moment I'm transferring all of RiC to the new devver and he will have a go at it :) while I will help him out as much as I can.

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
hey guys i'll be the dev that's taking over don't worry nothing will change it'll still be the same game we all know and love :)
Don't let it bother you, that you are standing on the shoulders of others. I could feel when DrSmith took over, and I will probably feel that you will take over too. Make it your own continuation as long as it is in the same spirit ^.^

I can't wait to see what you will cook up, I don't care if gets a bit worse since we are different as people, of course I won't mind it one bit if the other two "losers" can see nothing, but your dust!

Reactions: Big Daddy

SuzanneS

Apr 6, 2017
- my results were good, meaning I didn't deteriorate but I can't expect any improvements either;
- previous means I'll be tired, short of breath and badly concentrated for the rest of my life, fortunately I only need to hold out some 3-5 years.

All in all not the conditions in which I see opportunities to pick up devving on RiC again.

I have found someone who is willing to take on devving on RiC again, we both felt that RiC is too nice a game to get abandoned (sounds familiar ;) ).
Also my predecessor liked the idea, so now at this moment I'm transferring all of RiC to the new devver and he will have a go at it :) while I will help him out as much as I can.
Ow man, I did not know you were sick :(
I already played this game when Boomatic started and I still love it.
Thank you for giving me (and all others) some pleasure.

I wish you all the best and hope you will be able to enjoy some of the time you have left.
And if you have bad day, just remember that you will always have friends here!

Reactions: DrSmith

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
Don't let it bother you, that you are standing on the shoulders of others. I could feel when DrSmith took over, and I will probably feel that you will take over too. Make it your own continuation as long as it is in the same spirit ^.^

I can't wait to see what you will cook up, I don't care if gets a bit worse since we are different as people, of course I won't mind it one bit if the other two "losers" can see nothing, but your dust!
thank you I appreciate it I will try my best I'm kind of new to rpgm so the first build will take a while I need to fully learn the engine first

Reactions: Phanex

Big Daddy

Jul 17, 2017
Looking forward to seeing the development continue on this game!

Thank you so much for your work on this game Dr. Smith. The strength you've shown in sharing your struggles with this forum is inspiring. I hope to be as brave as you someday. I'm glad to hear that the results were good. We are all rooting for you.

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017

I am sorry to hear that, I was quick to respond to the new dev, but that was because this needs some time to sink in. I can feel my tears are trying to nudge me a little bit, so I'm literally saddened to hear this.
I hope you have a way to increase your life quality as long as it lasts, heh try to take an informal talk with your doctor about trying some cocaine, now that you have the freedom given by your fate, to pep you up.
I know it's in the future, but if you arrange it with a family member or a close friend, to notify us when you are gone, I will put a light in my window in your memory. Your game has given me a lot of fond memories, and I always smile when I think of it. It's a big loss to lose a skilful artist! Especially within a niche!

I hope that the people around you will make you happy these last years, and don't worry I haven't written you off yet ;)

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I am sorry to hear that, I was quick to respond to the new dev, but that was because this needs some time to sink in. I can feel my tears are trying to nudge me a little bit, so I'm literally saddened to hear this.
I hope you have a way to increase your life quality as long as it lasts, heh try to take an informal talk with your doctor about trying some cocaine, now that you have the freedom given by your fate, to pep you up.
I know it's in the future, but if you arrange it with a family member or a close friend, to notify us when you are gone, I will put a light in my window in your memory. Your game has given me a lot of fond memories, and I always smile when I think of it. It's a big loss to lose a skilful artist! Especially within a niche!

I hope that the people around you will make you happy these last years, and don't worry I haven't written you off yet ;)
I agree and I'll add something in the game for him a tribute screen to say how much of a great guy he is

SilverStorm

Jul 11, 2020

Hello, I made an account to say I love the game and sorry about your situation. I hope the rest of your time goes easy..
While I do like RiA, I always thought RiC was more fun. I found this forum after searching around for RiC because I really wanted to play it again. Thank you for reaching out and finding someone to continue your work. And once again, I hope everything goes even a little bit easier for you.

SilverStorm

Jul 11, 2020
I agree and I'll add something in the game for him a tribute screen to say how much of a great guy he is
Thanks for picking this up. I'm sure you will do fine with it. As others have said, just add your own spin to it. Its called Research into Corruption for a reason ;).
I wouldn't worry about thinking about how DrSmith would do it, and just do what seems like the right thing. You may be a beginner, but thats more than I am. I want to try making a game, but I have no clue on where to even start. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: JonaJon
3.90 star(s) 13 Votes