Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

Lunar Fang

Jan 28, 2018
what a disappointment. if you can't make a game nor finish it! then don't make it.
I have planned (and made a new outlook for it) to give Chloe a new hairdo. It will allow me to use her long hair in some events :)
I applaud their efforts! I can't get a decent android port done (all the animations are lost when I generate from RPGMV directly).

Thanks!

And talking about work: at this moment my work on RiC has come to a grinding halt :(
My lungs are not ok and I can only sit at my computer when almost in a lying position and that's bad for my back!
So I have to focus on the things I'm supposed to do (and get payed for) and limit my time at the computer for the rest.

Mid July I'm going back to hospital and I hope to get some positive news or at least something prescribed to get me going again.
I'll keep you all posted.
A small update: went to hospital last week and I got some heavy medication prescribed. Still adjusting to those: not sleeping well, being restless (not being able to keep a straight thought for longer than 10 minutes) and getting hot flushes every now and then but I do seem to get a little more air now. So I'm persevering :)
Check up in 5 weeks.

Hope to get something started before that ;) And I'll keep you all posted.
Update:
Went to hospital last week and I've been diagnosed with lung fibrosis. It's incurable and progressive :( .
Best I can do is stay on the meds I've been prescribed for now and start training my lungs, build some stamina and hope for the best.
In the worst case I've got 3 to 5 years to go but if I the meds catch on and I have some more endurance, I can last some longer. Although I'm not planning to prolong things at all costs and fortunately I live in a country where I have a saying in these matters ;)

So now I'm planning to start training and try to sort out the facts I've been dealt with and pick things up again.
Where RiC will fit in this all I can't say for now, though I want to get out a new release. But when that will be ready, I honestly can't say.
Thank you for your kind words (and in fact thank you all that have wished me all the best the last posts) :)

I'm already going to one of the dedicated hospitals for lung diseases in my country and it works closely with an academic hospital.
I'm momentarily on the standard "cure" of Prednisone and antibiotics to force the cause to a stand still.
After that I'm relying on them to find the best approach to go from there (cure is out of reach, at least for this moment) and fortunately I have good insurance and health care is at a decent to good level here.
No way I'm going to try something (alternative) from the internet by myself ;)

Also starting physiotherapy and swimming to keep me as strong as possible.

There are still some things to sort out but my girlfriend and I have decided to make the best of the time I have left (be that 3 or 20 years ;) ).
One of the things that is giving me a good time, is RiC and I want to start working on it again when my head is clear of the clutter that the news and the drugs gave me.

As always: I'll keep you posted
View attachment 416016

I'm in home isolation right now. Only outings are to put out the trash (exhausting) and visits to the hospital (scary) for tests and consults.
Tests I had last Thursday and tomorrow I'm getting the results.
See if the drugs I was prescribed did some good (and are worth the heavy side effects), although I hardly notice any difference (so still short of breath, having almost no energy, tingling hands and painful tendons after a little walk/exercise) but at least no further deterioration.

Mentally it's getting harder and harder to keep things together. Hope that will change when I get some good results from those tests.
Well some good and some bad news:
- my results were good, meaning I didn't deteriorate but I can't expect any improvements either;
- previous means I'll be tired, short of breath and badly concentrated for the rest of my life, fortunately I only need to hold out some 3-5 years.

All in all not the conditions in which I see opportunities to pick up devving on RiC again.

Well that was the bad part, now to the good part:
I have found someone who is willing to take on devving on RiC again, we both felt that RiC is too nice a game to get abandoned (sounds familiar ;) ).
Also my predecessor liked the idea, so now at this moment I'm transferring all of RiC to the new devver and he will have a go at it :) while I will help him out as much as I can.
hey guys i'll be the dev that's taking over don't worry nothing will change it'll still be the same game we all know and love :)

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
Think you could manage making a Mac version? I have had no luck with suggested workarounds including Wine
Do you have other RPGMV games on your mac that works? If you do copy one of them and exchange its www folder with the www from RIC and you should have a working mac copy.

xAshard

Sep 6, 2017
Hi Dr. Smith and new Dev of this awesome game.

Could you tell us something about what have You done so far? Some sneak peak maybe? ;)

Last edited:

elsanna_iduna

May 19, 2019
Then find and get one, and use the above mentioned trick ;)
I appreciate your advice. I'm embarrassed to admit it but I have no clue what/where the www folder is. I do have RPGMV for Mac via Steam as I purchased awhile ago thinking I would have the time to learn how to make a game. Can this be helpful? If so, would you mind giving me the caveman explanation? Appreciate the help

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
I appreciate your advice. I'm embarrassed to admit it but I have no clue what/where the www folder is. I do have RPGMV for Mac via Steam as I purchased awhile ago thinking I would have the time to learn how to make a game. Can this be helpful? If so, would you mind giving me the caveman explanation? Appreciate the help
Right click the .app and show package contents, open contents/resources/app.nw and this is the equivalent of the www folder in a PC version. I don't have RPGMV for Mac, but have been using this technique to update games on the Mac from the latest PC releases (usually compressed ones).

elsanna_iduna

May 19, 2019
Right click the .app and show package contents, open contents/resources/app.nw and this is the equivalent of the www folder in a PC version. I don't have RPGMV for Mac, but have been using this technique to update games on the Mac from the latest PC releases (usually compressed ones).
Thank you. That's helpful. In order for me to follow through with the suggested fix, I now need to have another RPGMV game that works on Catalina. Can you recommend one? I ask because I don't have one.

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
hey guys forgot to post this here i was stuck trying to pick which character to start with so i made a poll so far Mom is winning this poll will stay open awhile i'm also looking for some beta testers for when the next version is out anyway here's the link to the poll

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
hey guys forgot to post this here i was stuck trying to pick which character to start with so i made a poll so far Mom is winning this poll will stay open awhile i'm also looking for some beta testers for when the next version is out anyway here's the link to the poll
btw if you run into problems with SubscribeStar's EULA and your content, then onlyfans have perhaps the best EULA I have ever seen regarding to what you may host, basically it's "If it's legal, grey or not, you may host it.". And their cut is also quite reasonable compared to the lack of thought policing they offer.

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
btw if you run into problems with SubscribeStar's EULA and your content, then onlyfans have perhaps the best EULA I have ever seen regarding to what you may host, basically it's "If it's legal, grey or not, you may host it.". And their cut is also quite reasonable compared to the lack of thought policing they offer.
i spoke with them about the game and even sent them pics of Sister they have no problems with anything in the game thanks though

Reactions: waffel

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
i just made another post on subscribestar
When do you think you will have your first release of this game and do you think you should start your own thread for this.

Is this a remake or are you taking over and moving forward from where this left off?

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
When do you think you will have your first release of this game and do you think you should start your own thread for this.

Is this a remake or are you taking over and moving forward from where this left off?
i'll be taking ownership of the thread when the next version is released redking is no longer on f95 not sure on the release yet i am looking for beta testers if you want to help out are you on discord also no it isn't a remake i'll be continuing from where doc left off

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes