Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

Roy

Apr 22, 2017
About me or the game? ;)

Well, there are some developments but they are not the things you want to hear and I want to share.
Consider RiC 'On hold' for the moment.
Ok. thanks for the answer. I hope you will go better in the future..

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
Heya,
That's bugged me too. There was absolutly no clue, even in the dairies, that the two of them did it behind your back.
When it started ? It was more easy than MC + mom or/and MC + sis ? Etc...
Maybe not rework the entire thing, but maybe just the first dinner-threesome, and just say something like " MC I saw you with your sister " + two or three sentences on the fact that she can't judge them, and after, you can make the MC saying something like " then, sis, why don't you go down on mom " (to keep the scene) and it could started like that.
But otherwise, it's too abrupt. The mc had a hard time making his family corrupted, and after you just learning the mom and sis have their time together too, it came from nowhere.
Except that, I like the game very much for now, good job, Dev.
You all realize this is an RPG format and Boomatica has the NEW version of the game on RenPy? A test version of 0.6.3 was just released, he reworked a lot of the content and characters, again.

Arassei

May 28, 2019
You all realize this is an RPG format and Boomatica has the NEW version of the game on RenPy? A test version of 0.6.3 was just released, he reworked a lot of the content and characters, again.
You mean " Reseach of affection " ?
It's true that they look alike very much. But this is not a "new" version of this game ? I mean, this game is still on, right ?

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
It's true that they look alike very much. But this is not a "new" version of this game ? I mean, this game is still on, right ?
I'm somewhat confused on that, I thought it was the game on a different engine. This game has gone down many paths and name changes over many years. I still have a version of Subliminal Corruption, the original version. I haven't played this version in a while and can't recall all the differences.

GaboCAP

Jun 7, 2018
About me or the game? ;)

Well, there are some developments but they are not the things you want to hear and I want to share.
Consider RiC 'On hold' for the moment.
And how are you, my friend? Any better?

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
I'm somewhat confused on that, I thought it was the game on a different engine. This game has gone down many paths and name changes over many years. I still have a version of Subliminal Corruption, the original version. I haven't played this version in a while and can't recall all the differences.
Research into Corruption (in the early versions called 'Subliminal Corruption') had to be abandoned by Boomatica due to pressure from Patreon. I took over as a hobby project because I loved the game.
Boomatica then had started his new game but render times for the new game were quite long, so he asked me if I found it troublesome if he started another version of RiC as a bonus for his supporters.
I then advised him to keep the characters in line with his new game to keep focus on both his projects.
And thus Research into Affection was started.

Though both games have a similar setting, they are completely independent. RiC will remain on the RPGMV engine while RiA runs on the Ren'Py engine and each game has a different plot.
I had to put the development of RiC on hold because of health problems but the development of RiA is still continued by Boomatica's team.

Hope this shines some light on the confusion that exists.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
And how are you, my friend? Any better?
Thanks for asking, but no.

I am getting used to the idea that I will never get better and that the heavy medication I'm on will only prevent further decrease of lung capacity at best, but I still need to get used to the side effects of that medication.
As well that I need to reconfigure my daily routines because of my lack of endurance.

That is all that I am capable of for the moment, the drive to work on RiC has vanished but I still hope to get things on the road again ;)

GaboCAP

Jun 7, 2018

I am getting used to the idea that I will never get better and that the heavy medication I'm on will only prevent further decrease of lung capacity at best, but I still need to get used to the side effects of that medication.
As well that I need to reconfigure my daily routines because of my lack of endurance.

That is all that I am capable of for the moment, the drive to work on RiC has vanished but I still hope to get things on the road again ;)
Sorry to hear that. I really hope you can coming to terms with medication and your lungs, and could have a plenty daily life. Balance, my friend, balance, everything goes around that. Take care!

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Research into Corruption (in the early versions called 'Subliminal Corruption') had to be abandoned by Boomatica due to pressure from Patreon. I took over as a hobby project because I loved the game.
Boomatica then had started his new game but render times for the new game were quite long, so he asked me if I found it troublesome if he started another version of RiC as a bonus for his supporters.
I then advised him to keep the characters in line with his new game to keep focus on both his projects.

Though both games have a similar setting, they are completely independent. RiC will remain on the RPGMV engine while RiA runs on the Ren'Py engine and each game has a different plot.
I had to put the development of RiC on hold because of health problems but the development of RiA is still continued by Boomatica's team.

I like clear explanations, thank you very much.

Pridar

Apr 10, 2018

Now it all makes sense... Honestly found it uncanny how similar these 2 were, but now I see what went on. Your and Boom's dedications are fascinating.

I hope you get better. Even if things look dire, you never know how it all can turn around... Don't feel pressured to further the game's progress if you don't feel like it, we all have our own lives and you sure deserve your rest from any of the bad things you've been facing. Wishing for the best!

Aug 5, 2018
I guess this means RIC will never be finished? Well whatever the case, thank you for keeping this project alive in your current health state and for this long too

antoniomontenegro

Dec 29, 2017

<Overview>
This is a Modded RPGMV Game to simulate a type of Visual Novel Exploration Corruption game.
Note : This is not your ordinary RPG Maker Game!
You need to corrupt the people around you to help you with your new line of work.

<Gameplay>
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Updated: 08/10/2018
Developer/Publisher: DrSmith shares discord servers with Boomatica.
Censorship: None
Version: 0.6.5 Bugfix
Language: English
Genre:

Cheat Menu Location:

Changelog:

Saves from v0.6.0 will probably work but a new game is recommended.

Downloads:
PC HQ:
MEGA - - -
Mac HQ: MEGA - -

PC Crunched: MEGA - - - WORKUPLOAD -
Mac Crunched: MEGA - - - WORKUPLOAD -

"Loading Error Package.json" fix
here

View attachment 5847 View attachment 4954 View attachment 4953 View attachment 4952 View attachment 4951
this DEV that before was called BOOMATICA just changed the name and with several games no one finished
when I see any of his games I don't even waste time downloading
lol

ComixFan

Apr 15, 2019
I like the RIC models a little bit better than RIA. Boomatica basically started over with RIA. The story really didn't change... I doubt Boomatica even changed the dialog. Dr. Smith gave it a valiant effort.

Reactions: DrSmith

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
I like the RIC models a little bit better than RIA. Boomatica basically started over with RIA. The story really didn't change... I doubt Boomatica even changed the dialog. Dr. Smith gave it a valiant effort.
Keep in mind that Boomatica designed the characters for RiC too and that he used fresh models to incorporate them from RiA into PC ;)

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes