Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
Research Into Corruption has an error, you cannot save the game. there is no save file, and trying to do so locks the game.
Have you downloaded the latest version? It's been awhile since this game was updated and I think this issue hasn't been reported before.

Your save file is most likely under the game folder in a folder called 'save'. Have you checked there?

EDIT: I misspoke. I can't find them either, although I have no issues loading them.

Last edited:

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
This game had a Ren'py re-make right? Could be mistaken. There is Research into Affection but I'm looking for the Corruption remake.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
Research Into Corruption has an error, you cannot save the game. there is no save file, and trying to do so locks the game.
Saves should work fine. There are some problems loading the game when other games using the same plugin have also been played. That's why there's a link to a patch in the OP. Saves should then be stored in \Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Research into Corruption (I think).
This game had a Ren'py re-make right? Could be mistaken. There is Research into Affection but I'm looking for the Corruption remake.
There's no Ren'Py re-make that I know of. I know someone who was trying to get a port to Ren'Py but if he succeeded and if that release is out, I don't know.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Darth Sidious

antoniomontenegro

Dec 29, 2017

<Overview>
This is a Modded RPGMV Game to simulate a type of Visual Novel Exploration Corruption game.
Note : This is not your ordinary RPG Maker Game!
You need to corrupt the people around you to help you with your new line of work.

<Gameplay>
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Updated: 08/10/2018
Developer/Publisher: DrSmith shares discord servers with Boomatica.
Censorship: None
Version: 0.6.5 Bugfix
Language: English
Genre:

Cheat Menu Location:

Changelog:

Saves from v0.6.0 will probably work but a new game is recommended.

Downloads:
PC HQ:
- - -
Mac HQ: - -

PC Crunched: - - - -
Mac Crunched: - - - -

"Loading Error Package.json" fix
here

View attachment 5847 View attachment 4954 View attachment 4953 View attachment 4952 View attachment 4951
More than a year without update
I don't waste time To downloading

antoniomontenegro

Dec 29, 2017
You don't know what you are missing if you haven't tried it......
There is already plenty of content and the characters are great!

What is the use of downloading a game and not being able to finish?
I like to play until the end
If the DEV starts a story he has to have intelligence and competence to finish.
90% of games are not over, and that makes me think it's just an easy way to make money on Patreon by taking players for imbeciles.
I have rules to pay for games on Patreon
1-time update
2-duration update (there are DEV that make 5 min game updates)
The "Corruption" game has been 2 years without updates
Then made a 5 min update (V.65 to V.70)
During this time people paid at Patreon
Who were the imbeciles here?
Who here thought were smarter than the others?
Have a nice day

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
What is the use of downloading a game and not being able to finish?
I like to play until the end
If the DEV starts a story he has to have intelligence and competence to finish.
90% of games are not over, and that makes me think it's just an easy way to make money on Patreon by taking players for imbeciles.
I have rules to pay for games on Patreon
1-time update
2-duration update (there are DEV that make 5 min game updates)
The "Corruption" game has been 2 years without updates
Then made a 5 min update (V.65 to V.70)
During this time people paid at Patreon
Who were the imbeciles here?
Who here thought were smarter than the others?
Have a nice day
You're actually wasting time writing this nonsense post in a thread about a game which is completely free, I repeat completely free, no patreon,etc. and also with shit ton of content. Instead you can download it before you even finish your post and start playing.

And DrSmith sorry for the ranting and good luck with your treatment.

DrSmith

Just loves....
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 21, 2017
You don't know what you are missing if you haven't tried it......
There is already plenty of content and the characters are great!
You're actually wasting time writing this nonsense post in a thread about a game which is completely free, I repeat completely free, no patreon,etc. and also with shit ton of content. Instead you can download it before you even finish your post and start playing.

Thanks for your efforts to enlighten that person (and of course the wishes) :)
I have him on 'Ignore' because I need my time and energy for better things, so it's very nice to see some of the RiC fans still caring enough to jump to my aid :)

antoniomontenegro

Dec 29, 2017

I was not referring to this game but to all the others that get paid
even being free I don't care about a free game if it never ends
It's like someone give you a car, but you can't drive because there's no engine.
And I never said this game was bad
have a nice day

metalspace

Jun 30, 2018
I was not referring to this game but to all the others that get paid
even being free I don't care about a free game if it never ends
It's like someone give you a car, but you can't drive because there's no engine.
And I never said this game was bad
have a nice day
What is the point of referring to other games "that get paid" in this game's thread?
Also this car has an engine and it drives for miles; which is something you'd know if you actually tried the game. Yes, it's not complete, but it still has a ton of good content; especially with the main characters. And yeah, you have a nice day too.

Reactions: KRock19
Mar 2, 2019
I ran into this too. The problem is that permissions aren't set correctly on the executables inside the app. They're missing the executable bit. I fixed it by doing a `chmod -R 755` to both the MacOS and Frameworks folders inside the app. The app runs normally after that.
How do i do this please

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
How do i do this please
The easiest way to do this is via the terminal. Open one and type:
Code:
 'chmod -R 0755 /path_to_folder'.
Without the quotes.

This should give you write access to that folder and any underlying folders as well.

If that doesn't work you may require root access. You would change the command to:

Code:
 'sudo chmod -R 0755 /path_to_folder'.
The system will ask you for your password, then it should complete the command.

If you have no idea what a terminal is, I think you can do it through the file browser interface (I'm not so familiar with Macs). You can right click the folder and choose 'Properties' and then modify the security settings that way.

Mar 2, 2019
The easiest way to do this is via the terminal. Open one and type:
Code:
'chmod -R 0755 /path_to_folder'.
Without the quotes.

This should give you write access to that folder and any underlying folders as well.

If that doesn't work you may require root access. You would change the command to:

Code:
'sudo chmod -R 0755 /path_to_folder'.
The system will ask you for your password, then it should complete the command.

If you have no idea what a terminal is, I think you can do it through the file browser interface (I'm not so familiar with Macs). You can right click the folder and choose 'Properties' and then modify the security settings that way.
This was very helpful. Terminal wouldn't let me type in the password though, so I guess I'm doing something wrong?

Sorry to be a pain. I am very confused by the process.

Edit: it worked, but I'm getting this response–

-bash: /Users/j/Downloads/RIC - 0.6.5 Bugfix OSx HQ/Game.app: is a directory
J's-Mac:~ j$ sudo chmod -R 0755 /path_to_folder
Password:
chmod: /path_to_folder: No such file or directory
Js-Mac:~ j$

Last edited:

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
This was very helpful. Terminal wouldn't let me type in the password though, so I guess I'm doing something wrong?

Password:
Change /path_to _folder to the actual folder name :

Code:
sudo chmod -R 0755 /Users/j/Downloads/RIC - 0.6.5 Bugfix OSx HQ/Game.app
Assuming that's the game folder, that should do the job.

Arassei

May 28, 2019
4) Will you rewrite, or even rework some of the events with the sister and the mother ? I think that some of them are really illogical and happen too abruptly, like the one where they have a threesome with the main character at the dinner time. The fact that the two of them become lesbians, juste like that, saying that they "allready had their time together"... it always bugged me. I strongly think that a lesbian affait between a mother and her daughter could not happen so easily, even more when the two characters show how much they are hesitating with some sexual matters that are way lighter than this one. In my opinion, I think that the main character should work on them into becoming bisexual sluts before anything like that happens.
4) I will not rewrite what is already in the game. But I share your opinion!
That's why I'm working on this large release to get more characters into play, so the possibilities for H-content will no
longer have to be forced onto only 2 characters.
Heya,
That's bugged me too. There was absolutly no clue, even in the dairies, that the two of them did it behind your back.
When it started ? It was more easy than MC + mom or/and MC + sis ? Etc...
Maybe not rework the entire thing, but maybe just the first dinner-threesome, and just say something like " MC I saw you with your sister " + two or three sentences on the fact that she can't judge them, and after, you can make the MC saying something like " then, sis, why don't you go down on mom " (to keep the scene) and it could started like that.
But otherwise, it's too abrupt. The mc had a hard time making his family corrupted, and after you just learning the mom and sis have their time together too, it came from nowhere.
Except that, I like the game very much for now, good job, Dev.

Reactions: DrSmith

elsanna_iduna

May 19, 2019

Password:
Any luck? I'm having a difficult time too.

Problem 1: Extraction failure with each attempt to unpack Mac HQ version zips. I'm also not sure what the difference is between "crunched" and "HQ".

Problem 2: I never used Winrar our worked with terminal, but I think I'm following all the steps correctly.

Problem 3: (This is the closest I've got) I CAN however unzip the "crunched" version. After following the steps of using 'sudo chmod 0755 /Users/j/Downloads/RIC - 0.6.5 Bugfix OSx HQ/Game.app" on both the "frameworks" and "MacOS" folders, once I launch the application, it looks like it's about to do it but then "quits unexpectedly". I get the following:
Process: nwjs [11181]
Path: /Users/USER/*/Game.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs
Identifier: io.nwjs.nw
Version: 41.0.2272.76 (2272.76)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: nwjs [11181]
User ID: 503

Date/Time: 2020-02-07 11:15:32.116 -0800
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15.1 (19B88)
Report Version: 12
Bridge OS Version: 4.1 (17P1081)
Anonymous UUID: 8DB1A14C-1039-6A92-597E-5661805C330F

Sleep/Wake UUID: F443EC04-7490-4247-AD5F-6164026E3B37

Time Awake Since Boot: 110000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 1700 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 33 Gamepad polling thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [11181]

VM Regions Near 0:
-->
__TEXT 0000000107072000-0000000107073000 [ 4K] r-x/rwx SM=COW /Users/USER/*/Game.app/Contents/MacOS/nwjs

Application Specific Information:
assertion failure: Schedule failed queue: %p runLoop: %p

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes