Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Boom put out a compressed version, if I had read this earlier I would have grabbed it and uploaded it. It is too late here tonight.
Here's the link again to Pepe's 975 MB optimized 0.5.3 version from a few pages back.

Just a quick heads up on this.

Boom has a high quality and a low quality version both of which are larger than what Pepe was able to do. Pepe's version is best described as a 'very slightly lower quality', it's mainly just optimizing the encoding of the .pngs better. And Boom's low quality version is still about 1400 Megs (in two packages via the Patreon site), where Pepe has lowered it to 975 MB. Pepe also optimized the .webm movies by removing the unused audio tracks, which saves some additional space as well.

Due to the nature of how Honey Select models and Boom's backgrounds are built (i.e. less texture resolution than say Daz generated models/backgrounds), I seriously doubt that anyone will notice any difference whatsoever with Pepe's efforts here.

Here's a top-bottom comparison thumbnail (click to expand to full size, base image on the top, optimized on the bottom). I'm not seeing the difference (other than the overlay text I added of course)...

20170604101314772comparison.png

I've also attached the 'raw' unoptimized and optimized files for comparison purposes, just in case Photoshop 'adjusted' the encoding of the 'combined' base image in any way.

I'd still like to see a patch version of this download in the next update. It's basically a waste of bandwidth to keep downloading the same images over and over. The patch file could just contain the added/modified files, which would reduce download size considerably, with the same folder structure so that you could just 'drag' the patch folder contents into the main folder, overwriting whichever files were updated and adding the new ones.

Even if you included the entire .js folder (where I'm seeing some changed/added files), well that folder is pretty tiny in comparison to the entire package. It's the images that primarily drive the increasing size of the download.

Last edited:
Reactions: Papa Ernie

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Added my skunk to OP :)
OP's for version 0.5.3 skunked seems died lonely and in agony (404'ed). :(
Nopy is slow as hell, MEGA works as always, also for skunked version.

Maybe if you got time you can do another skunked version with the 'text fix' one provided by space, Pepé?? Pls see here:
Research into Corruption - Boomatica [RPGM] 0.5.3-pc_fixed.7z 2.49 GB
v0.5.3_fixed: Text Messages Fixed.
Found dev's LowQ Image Build, MEGA links: ,
If dev's HighQ download is too heavy (got about 2.5 gbs), either use this second dev build (800.0 + 626.5 mbs) or use Pepe´s shrinked build (about 950 mbs).

EDIT: dev LowQ Image Build links added.

Last edited:

Pepé Le Pew

Resident Skunk
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Former Staff
Feb 3, 2017
OP's for version 0.5.3 skunked seems died lonely and in agony (404'ed). :(
Nopy is slow as hell, MEGA works as always, also for skunked version.

Maybe if you got time you can do another skunked version with the 'text fix' one provided by space, Pepé?? Pls see here:
there... updated links in op to new fixed skunker-version... :p

phil 5

Jun 29, 2017
Invisible toilet paper..nice hehe. Good thing they do not make anything bigger. x'D:closedtongue:

paladin07

May 28, 2017
Here's the link again to Pepe's 975 MB optimized 0.5.3 version from a few pages back.

Just a quick heads up on this.

Boom has a high quality and a low quality version both of which are larger than what Pepe was able to do. Pepe's version is best described as a 'very slightly lower quality', it's mainly just optimizing the encoding of the .pngs better. And Boom's low quality version is still about 1400 Megs (in two packages via the Patreon site), where Pepe has lowered it to 975 MB. Pepe also optimized the .webm movies by removing the unused audio tracks, which saves some additional space as well.

Due to the nature of how Honey Select models and Boom's backgrounds are built (i.e. less texture resolution than say Daz generated models/backgrounds), I seriously doubt that anyone will notice any difference whatsoever with Pepe's efforts here.

Here's a top-bottom comparison thumbnail (click to expand to full size, base image on the top, optimized on the bottom). I'm not seeing the difference (other than the overlay text I added of course)...

View attachment 21751

I've also attached the 'raw' unoptimized and optimized files for comparison purposes, just in case Photoshop 'adjusted' the encoding of the 'combined' base image in any way.

I'd still like to see a patch version of this download in the next update. It's basically a waste of bandwidth to keep downloading the same images over and over. The patch file could just contain the added/modified files, which would reduce download size considerably, with the same folder structure so that you could just 'drag' the patch folder contents into the main folder, overwriting whichever files were updated and adding the new ones.

Even if you included the entire .js folder (where I'm seeing some changed/added files), well that folder is pretty tiny in comparison to the entire package. It's the images that primarily drive the increasing size of the download.
LOL @OhWee and @Pepé Le Pew Boomatica has actually posted news about implementing Pepe's skunkworks into the game....

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: OhWee

Pepé Le Pew

Resident Skunk
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Former Staff
Feb 3, 2017
LOL @OhWee and @Pepé Le Pew Boomatica has actually posted news about implementing Pepe's skunkworks into the game....

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yea... Boom contacted me, and i gave him a quick introduction into the skunk world, so fro now on the LowQs from boom will be of same quality and size you would expect from le skunk :)

Karlingue

Sep 8, 2017
Slt guys, si quelqu'un qui parle ma langue (mon anglais est trop mauvais) peut m'expliquer comment on trouve un job pour faire de l'argent en jeu, je tourne en rond.. ça doit etre simple j'en suis sur !
Merci

Edit by @Pepé Le Pew:
Google translate:
slt guys, if someone who speaks my language (my English is too bad) can explain to me how one finds a job to make money in play, I turn in circles .. it must be simple I am sure !

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
3.90 star(s) 13 Votes