Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes
R

RWaites

Today at 00:15 on discord
I got a reply! My page should be back online anytime in the next 72Hours. Why so long? Who knows. Apparently it was in fact the erotic pictures of the character "chloe" My page was flagged due to someone reporting the page due to those images. But I did find out some new information. Patreon is perfectly fine with Incest games! As long as you're not advertising the fact or making it obvious on the page then they don't care. They advice creators to change the names etc in their games but at the end of the day, they're fine with those types of games, They just don't want them to be advertising on their site. But now all I have to do is wait, They're still looking over all my old posts to make sure there is nothing Incest related about them and as soon as they're done and I pass they'll put the page back up.

Reactions: Techn0magier

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Wow... He surely got a different rep than 'Deem from Teachers Pet or Luxee from Parental Love... The fucker that they got was after blood... :S

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Wow... He surely got a different rep than 'Deem from Teachers Pet or Luxee from Parental Love... The fucker that they got was after blood... :S
It could be dependent on who is handling your case. A bunch of individuals having different interpretations of the same rule. If that's the case, Patreon should do a better job of explaining their rules to their moderators, or in Boomatica's case, we should be happy his case worker is a little more lax in his/her interpretation. ;)

VirgilSteam

Jul 11, 2017
It could be dependent on who is handling your case. A bunch of individuals having different interpretations of the same rule. If that's the case, Patreon should do a better job of explaining their rules to their moderators, or in Boomatica's case, we should be happy his case worker is a little more lax in his/her interpretation. ;)
Or maybe they're a fan and are on this forum right now! *Dun dun dun*

It's not me, I'm just proposing a possibility. Kidding aside, that is positive news.

Reactions: Techn0magier

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Hello All.

Okay.... Where to start.....

My page was put under review due to the Character "Chloe" in the game "Research Into Corruption" appearing to look like a minor.
This is the only reason my page was put under review, no other reason for what I am aware.

I can understand why the "Patreon Trust and Safety team" took this action because let's face it...
The said Character does, in fact, look like a minor even if this isn't actually the case.

I removed all Content of this said character from my page, these include the "About, Rewards and Posts section"
I mistakingly thought this was the only thing that I had to remove in order to restore my page.

After speaking with the "Patreon Trust and Safety team" again I was asked to update said character "Chloe" in the game as well.
" This would take around 2Months of work as I would have to re-do well over 1k images.
My page wouldn't be back online until this action was taken.
" You need to understand that the support I get from my Patreon page is the only income I have right now "

The Future :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So I replied to the "Patreon Trust and Safety team" with an alternative, that alternative being :

Hi,

Regarding Updating the said character in the game.
Which Would take roughly 2months for me to do, and with this being my only source of income I can't have my page offline for that long.

Is it possible for me to do the alternate below instead?

I've been planning on creating a new game and giving the old game,
"the game that is in question" and the development of it to someone else.

I'll Remove All Images, Posts, and content of said game from Patreon and start with a clean slate with the new game.
" I've already started doing this by removing every post on my page as well as removing the header image"

I won't mention the game in question on my page again, nor will post any content/links about the said game either.

The only thing that I would like to do once my page is back online is to make a post to my supporters to let them know what Is happening going forward and what will be happing with the Old game. the post will contain no Content/Links.

Is this at all possible?

I've now sent this email and I'm now just waiting for a reply.
Thank you to everyone for taking the time to read this.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Uh, why didn't you just cut all of the images with Chloe out of the archive and replace with "Artwork to be added later" messages. This would have complied with Patreons rules.
Then add a 'patch' here or on LewdPatcher that contains the 'true' archive with all Chloes images..

No need to go mental and stop making RIC Boom... :(

Reactions: Berfius

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Uh, why didn't you just cut all of the images with Chloe out of the archive and replace with "Artwork to be added later" messages. This would have complied with Patreons rules.
Then add a 'patch' here or on LewdPatcher that contains the 'true' archive with all Chloes images..

I think this may be a viable solution. You can do this quickly and make the Patreon page re-open as soon as possible. Even if you decide to start a new game, at least you will be able to keep good part of the patrons.

Reactions: John573

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
I personally don't see chloe as looking like a minor, just because a few people say that they look like a minor does not make it so. This has been said several times but I'll say it anyway...there are several games on patreon with characters that look far younger than chloe and patreon appears to turn a blind eye to them. If they're not going to be consistent with their policy enforcement then don't enforce it at all.
Chances are it was some random prick that thinks he's doing good by reporting the game or patreon actually has people downloading the games to check the content. They are very inconsistent with this stuff. I hope boom can come up with something that does not end up cutting half of the content out.

Reactions: Carlo S

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017

I just replied to my friend here via Discord and he understands why now.

All I can say to everyone is to read between the lines when I say a new developer will be taking over RIC.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
The new developer of Research Into Corruption !

This new developer wishes to stay anonymous for the time being but I can assure you, Their work on the game will be very much like my own.
It's almost like I'll be doing the work myself.
If you understand and can read between the lines. Wink Wink Nudge Nudge

Got to love politics !

Imperator753

Aug 5, 2016
I personally don't see chloe as looking like a minor, just because a few people say that they look like a minor does not make it so. This has been said several times but I'll say it anyway...there are several games on patreon with characters that look far younger than chloe and patreon appears to turn a blind eye to them. If they're not going to be consistent with their policy enforcement then don't enforce it at all.
Chances are it was some random prick that thinks he's doing good by reporting the game or patreon actually has people downloading the games to check the content. They are very inconsistent with this stuff. I hope boom can come up with something that does not end up cutting half of the content out.
The problem with Chloe, imo, was the hair change. At first, she looked 18-19, but then came the hair change and she goes a few years younger.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
The new developer of Research Into Corruption !

This new developer wishes to stay anonymous for the time being but I can assure you, Their work on the game will be very much like my own.
It's almost like I'll be doing the work myself.
If you understand and can read between the lines. Wink Wink Nudge Nudge

Got to love politics !

fazz7x8

Jul 2, 2017

I think this is the best solution too just delete chloe and change it under review for now, you continue the game whit older chloe model then redone cloe scene slowly. Maybe one update one or two cloe rework scene till the rework done

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes