LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

OzBrit

Jan 31, 2018
After reading a number of reviews and comments here I have to say I am in the Disappointed to "Losing interest fast" camp.

Having read Mr Knobb's comments explaining why the story is developing this way, I respect his decision but from my perspective the game starts out in series 1 with a Guy that beds everything in a skirt (at times whether he wants to or not). We go through the drama of series 2 only to find he has become a committed Monogamist by series 3. I loved series 1 stayed with series 2 waiting for the happy ending of series 3 to unfold only to find we have switched from fantasy to reality.

If a game does not give me the option to avoid NTR, Violence, scat, Gay etc but tells me up front, I can choose to pass before I get involved. I feel a little cheated here as I am forced to choose 1 girl if I want to continue. As soon as I got to that point I stopped dead and am still trying to decide if I should continue or just abandon the game and move on. It is a shame as the game has so much to offer.

I have put this in comments Not Reviews as this is my feeling and Not a reflection on the quality of the game. (which is very high quality)

My suggestion would be to expend the Developers notes to make clear there is no harem option so that people like me who play games to escape reality can move on before getting wrapped up in the game.

Cheers

M'95

May 17, 2019
After reading a number of reviews and comments here I have to say I am in the Disappointed to "Losing interest fast" camp.

Having read Mr Knobb's comments explaining why the story is developing this way, I respect his decision but from my perspective the game starts out in series 1 with a Guy that beds everything in a skirt (at times whether he wants to or not). We go through the drama of series 2 only to find he has become a committed Monogamist by series 3. I loved series 1 stayed with series 2 waiting for the happy ending of series 3 to unfold only to find we have switched from fantasy to reality.

If a game does not give me the option to avoid NTR, Violence, scat, Gay etc but tells me up front, I can choose to pass before I get involved. I feel a little cheated here as I am forced to choose 1 girl if I want to continue. As soon as I got to that point I stopped dead and am still trying to decide if I should continue or just abandon the game and move on. It is a shame as the game has so much to offer.

I have put this in comments Not Reviews as this is my feeling and Not a reflection on the quality of the game. (which is very high quality)

My suggestion would be to expend the Developers notes to make clear there is no harem option so that people like me who play games to escape reality can move on before getting wrapped up in the game.

Cheers
There are tags for content, including harem. If this tag is not there, shouldn't that be enough to know it's not in the game?

I don't see the point to make tags / info for things that are not in the game.

Last edited:

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018

Cheers
If a harem is that important to you that you have to post to whine about not getting one then you absolutely should use the tag search. Games with harems are usually tagged.

We HAVE been crystal clear for a long, long, long time that in this game the sex is not the primary focus, the story is. There are very limited options with what girls you can end up with, one of only three, we have been saying for over a year. Not only is that repeated almost endlessly in this entire discussion thread, but also in-game Jensen has continually spoken about needing to make a CHOICE, and right from the start talked about his wanting to find A girl.

We're currently at 130 pages of expanded FAQ and Dev notes, and still you missed it.

Oct 28, 2017
Really wanted to like this fully but I'm kind of disappointed. It started out great with the pheromones making the other women attracted to you which gave a lot of options and sex scenes because there are a lot of women in this game and I thought you'd be able to choose from them all. But then the game forces you to pick from three. You get one scene with Mei and then they just put her with another guy without you getting a say at all. There was plenty of sex scenes at the beginning then it just stopped completely. Idk man I just wish you had more choices regardless of your relationship, like I wish you could even pick the sister or niece. There was a perfect missed opportunity. Owell I guess. Had potential

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Really wanted to like this fully but I'm kind of disappointed. It started out great with the pheromones making the other women attracted to you which gave a lot of options and sex scenes because there are a lot of women in this game and I thought you'd be able to choose from them all. But then the game forces you to pick from three. You get one scene with Mei and then they just put her with another guy without you getting a say at all. There was plenty of sex scenes at the beginning then it just stopped completely. Idk man I just wish you had more choices regardless of your relationship, like I wish you could even pick the sister or niece. There was a perfect missed opportunity. Owell I guess. Had potential
You should check out games with the 'Rape' tag.

Because if Jensen had kept on having sex with girls only because they were drugged out of their heads on aphrodisiac super-pheromones, that's the tag this game would have. For people not wanting to play as a rapist, (such as the character of Jensen himself) they really had to go.

Oct 28, 2017
You should check out games with the 'Rape' tag.

Because if Jensen had kept on having sex with girls only because they were drugged out of their heads on aphrodisiac super-pheromones, that's the tag this game would have. For people not wanting to play as a rapist, (such as the character of Jensen himself) they really had to go.
Nah I'll play games like depraved and wvm lol. Which is why I said choices meaning you could choose who you sleep with. It was just a cool way to explain why the mc was a harem which is more than other games explain. Also, Jensen didnt drug the women or drug himself knowingly so that's not rape. It was consented by both parties. Even without the pheromone they still want to sleep with him so that's a reach. And news flash there's already rape in the game lmao. Relax it's not that serious lol.

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
It was just a cool way to explain why the mc was a harem which is more than other games explain.
Almost, but not quite. It was an easy way to explain why women suddenly threw themselves at the MC like nymphomaniacs, but like other easy ways it requires a fantasy setting, a world with completely different rules than our own. Just like in games where any woman who sees a big dick immediately feels overwhelmed with lust, even for someone they have some reason to be repelled by. Or worlds where some magical powers can make the impossible happen.

Also, Jensen didnt drug the women or drug himself knowingly so that's not rape. It was consented by both parties. Even without the pheromone they still want to sleep with him so that's a reach.

In short, there are many stories that give some convenient mechanism for easy sex. Nothing new or unique in that. What is rather unique and novel though is one single story that actively attempts to show the downsides and realities of what such an effect would really be like. This story. It doesn't mean you can't enjoy the fantasy of other stories, but it would be a real shame to kill something original just to make it conform to something already plentiful.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
It's a good thing we are ignoring the flak and continue our original premise then...

Having to choose between the girls as early as season one really kills this game for me. The premise screams harem but I understand from searching a bit that this was never the intention. Y'all really shoulda chosen a different premise though if you didn't want the flak.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Having to choose between the girls as early as season one really kills this game for me. The premise screams harem but I understand from searching a bit that this was never the intention. Y'all really shoulda chosen a different premise though if you didn't want the flak.
They don't seem concerned about the flak, it's only coming from a few people which is the bigger concern.

Most people managed to realise this wasn't a harem game, the lack of tag was the first real hint. Then we had Nicky and Vicky both say they were competing to see who he would pick and never, not once, not even a small hint, was sharing ever mentioned as an option.

Yet despite all that a few people managed to pull harem out of thin air.

A harem goes against Jensen's character completely so either people skipped story content or they just inserted their own head canon in place of actual in game story.

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Having to choose between the girls as early as season one really kills this game for me.
That bit is fine. People produce games here with a huge variety of styles, genres, tastes. Not every game will be to yours. Most people don't go around leaving post-it notes on every item available in a supermarket that they don't like or buy, and the same principle applies here.

The premise screams harem but I understand from searching a bit that this was never the intention.
This is your opinion of the premise. MrKnobb has a different opinion. The difference is that he created the premise in this case. You can work the rest out for yourself.

Y'all really shoulda chosen a different premise though if you didn't want the flak.
This is the bit that is outright telling a dev what to do. Based on what? Just how many great games have you developed? How many copies of your books have been sold? How much of a wage are you paying the dev?

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
That's realistic for you.... Jensen is not some high school dropout, he has a history and while he could get any girl, he's not the guy to chase too many skirts. And if he did, it would ruin the meaningful relationship building... there's enough harem games to satisfy your urges, enjoy RtP for what it is.

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
That bit is fine. People produce games here with a huge variety of styles, genres, tastes. Not every game will be to yours. Most people don't go around leaving post-it notes on every item available in a supermarket that they don't like or buy, and the same principle applies here.

This is your opinion of the premise. MrKnobb has a different opinion. The difference is that he created the premise in this case. You can work the rest out for yourself.

This is the bit that is outright telling a dev what to do. Based on what? Just how many great games have you developed? How many copies of your books have been sold? How much of a wage are you paying the dev?
At least he didn't ask for the cutie to be sexually involved with Jensen

• Haha
Reactions: RogueKnightUK

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
That's realistic for you.... Jensen is not some high school dropout, he has a history and while he could get any girl, he's not the guy to chase too many skirts. And if he did, it would ruin the meaningful relationship building... there's enough harem games to satisfy your urges, enjoy RtP for what it is.
Considering how much of a whiner the dev is I'll just not play. The firsthalf of the game is literally having sexual encounters with everyone the MC meets at the expense of the story and he has the gall to pretend story matters more to him? Nah I'll just play games where the dev is honest

Dude you've attacked everyone with the slightest criticism of your game in this thread. I'm not telling you how to make your game but saying that the premise, which has you having sexual encounters at the expense of the story (the first day is literally nonstop) throughout all I played, runs counter to your claims to be focused on the story rather than sexual encounters.

Doesn't matter though as its your game which you can make however you damned well please but don't insult the intelligence of folks nor attack everyone with the slightest criticism. Good luck with the project.

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Considering how much of a whiner the dev is I'll just not play. The firsthalf of the game is literally having sexual encounters with everyone the MC meets at the expense of the story and he has the gall to pretend story matters more to him? Nah I'll just play games where the dev is honest

Dude you've attacked everyone with the slightest criticism of your game in this thread. I'm not telling you how to make your game but saying that the premise, which has you having sexual encounters at the expense of the story (the first day is literally nonstop) throughout all I played, runs counter to your claims to be focused on the story rather than sexual encounters.

Doesn't matter though as its your game which you can make however you damned well please but don't insult the intelligence of folks nor attack everyone with the slightest criticism. Good luck with the project.
If MrKnob created just one girl, people would have bitched nonetheless, and the sexual encounters are due to the super pheromone....

Reactions: Dripping

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Fair enough... Thx for playing it so far.. Pity its not for you.
laters dude...

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Wow, things have gotten heated here. I think most things that have to be said have been but one thing I think can be mentioned.

Tags are problematic at best here. Some games are very accurately tagged, many games are not. And certain tags, in particular, are very commonly missing.

Harem is one of those. Its definition is also let's just say fluid. Depraved Awakening doesn't have the tag, and has endings where you have say one main girl but are still banging several on the side. My old stomping grounds Babysitter HAS the tag, but at most it will likely end with the MC, the main LI, and MAYBE her best friend together. I wouldn't consider that a harem.

And that's pretty much it. Tags here are beyond imperfect.

3.80 star(s) 77 Votes