DasKapitan

Oct 26, 2017
Nah I meant the colloquial Mary Sue, not the TV Tropes refinement-into-obsolescence. We're good.

And I was perfectly happy to just play this game and give it a free pass on all the wish fulfillment stuff, because I really am enjoying that. But when you go and break the 4th wall, not to poke a little fun at your own premise but to double-down on it, then I get triggered just enough to come and point out how absurd that is... Don't tell me how blue the lemons are or how salty the maple syrup tastes, then expect me not to "u wot mate?" at it. :)

And you'll note that I'm not review-bombing it or pulling some crusader shenanigans, just calling it like I see it.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Are you still not getting it's pretty much a superhero story, or did you also regard Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Ironman, and every other superhero as a 'Mary Sue'? Or are we just lucky you found time to add us to your schedule of all the stories you need to accuse of this, and are off to accuse Predator, Alien, The Terminator, and pretty much every hero that ever survives against the odds a Mary Sue next? :D

Seriously though, it's fine. It's one of those sort of genre of stories, where you need a pretty fair amount of suspension of disbelief, but if you give it that at the start, it'll start to make more and more sense. Think of it like an alternate universe story if it helps, the key parts are that it is consistent with itself, and that the characters are also consistent and behave in believable ways to a situation they are presented with, within the boundaries of certain plot devices yet to be uncovered.

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
... the only gentleman in a world where apparently every other male is an Erenisch-style abusive rapist...
This one I'll pull up separately because, from a player perspective, I agree with you. Just seemed like exactly that. The only good guy in Rapist Central. And his employees not being like that doesn't count, even before one of those employees turned out to have an abusive boyfriend...

From the current perspective, before the 'Remastered' version of the entire first series comes out, yeah, the amount and casual nature of the sexual assaults really is noticeable and also unpleasant to play. But just because some events seem random, doesn't necessarily mean they are. In fact, one important means for detecting unseen workings or plots is when there suddenly seems to be an increase in something, or a pattern of behaviour appears.

There's a lot a tweaking been done in the remastered version, much of it subtle, some of it less so, that gives a little more texture and depth to certain events. Can't give spoilers, but yeah, not everything that appears random, is actually random.

DasKapitan

Oct 26, 2017
Silver Age Superman yeah, kinda... But the others all have flaws and shortcomings, they experience some kind of negative consequences, like... ever.

I'm on chapter 4 of 6 and so far Jensen's flaws could best be descibed as: "He's too humble", or "too polite", "such a great lover that it was worth being exploited"... The most negative consequence he's experienced so far is Nicky completely forgiving him for fucking her best friend, because obviously he had to; and he doesn't even suspect that might have had consequequences.

For all that he's a fun character to play; but he's no Dark Knight struggling with the ethical dilemmas inherent in his actions.

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Spoilers where discussing plot details not in the intro of first page, or the first few scenes of the game is kindest to new players.

That said, you picked up on one of the many scenes that got tweaked recently to bring out more of what was really going on because it was too much in the unwritten. The Remastered version will fix a lot of those subtleties that were clear as day to a dev that already knew all the factors and facts, but possibly not at all obvious to an average player. I think you'll like how the subtle rework, (which honestly is mostly just changing a very few words, or adding one or two lines to a scene), brings out those less obvious things. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long for it, but there are of course new renders to be done for all the scenes that had Rena in, etc.

(Incidentally, apologies to any Rena fans there, but I really do think Andi is hotter, so I for one am looking forward to that).

It's not that there are not consequences, or that they are unsuspected. The dialogue just wasn't covering it because it was assumed people would understand the context, that the things happened, and thus get that, even if they couldn't see it yet, something was going on.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Pif paf

Engaged Member
Feb 5, 2018
As I don't really care about all those show-offs above discussing pop culture ions through last 85 years, the current story line is so captivating for me as a really good book, so , as it's unfortunately rare in the erotic games label, please, please continue your awesome work!
Thank you very much for this game!

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
If I continue my work on RTP, as co-writer, will that be showing off and something you don't care about? ;)

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Then you should be satisfied already with my praises , n'est pas?
Never! An artist is never satisfied, and always thinking of how his next piece of work will be even better with what he learned from the last. :D

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
People like yourself who enjoy it and understand the story I truly am proud to continue making the game for.

Thank you.

As I don't really care about all those show-offs above discussing pop culture ions through last 85 years, the current story line is so captivating for me as a really good book, so , as it's unfortunately rare in the erotic games label, please, please continue your awesome work!
Thank you very much for this game!

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

So here's the plan ahead...
First is the Remastered version of Chapter 1-6 of Episode One. This will have some added images, an animation and dialogue changes to make it flow better. Then also changes to welcome "Andi" the replacement for Jensen's niece...

Also music as I've wanted to record a couple of tracks but couldn't. I finally have my recording device thanks to you the patrons to make said recordings.

Then the naming structure will be revised. From now on wards it will be refereed to as Series One, Episode One - Six etc...
Series Two, Episode One production will hopefully begin in 1 to 2 weeks time once the Remastered edition is finished.
SO I ask for a bit of patience until Series One, Episode One is released.
Thank you to you all for the journey so far and I hope you will enjoy what is to come next.
Then lastly the TEAM...
A massive thank you to my team who helps make the game as you get to play it.
MisterF95, Mannitt, Pumpkin, Munkey, RogueKnightUK and to ParX (who's left the team). Then also the dedicated fans...
Special thank you to Rich & Ignatz for their help.

.:Lataz:.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Damn Jensen got the mother loving shit kicked out of him... Can't say I didn't call it, hopefully the new female can fix what Angelique's stupid injection did, so the rematch can be without a nerf on the MC.

Really curious how badass the Yakuza Ghost will be since he doesn't seem to have powers and relies on pure skill.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Hahaha half a year ... youre funny but i like it... No my aim has always been to try and stick to 1.5 months between releases.

However as I am adding a character info page and some other goodies like redesign the look of the game it will be more like end of March release. Maybe sooner... Don't quote me on this however things change in life. Definitely not May or later.

Excuse me for asking this, but when will Episode 2 Chapter 1 be released? Half a year or sooner?

Reactions: RogueKnightUK
3.80 star(s) 77 Votes