RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
BTW It'd be nice if no NTR happens or optional NTR(where I can avoid totally.) that would be mind boggling for me
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There will be no actual NTR, by the proper definition - i.e. a character that yours is in a romantic relationship with having sex without you involved.

That is not the same thing as saying that some characters you might like and hope to be in a romantic relationship with won't have sex without you involved. There are some characters you may have sex with who will later have sex with other characters, or even go on to become romantically attached to other characters. That's not actually NTR, but I know some players have some very loose definitions, and if it is going to upset you, you've been forewarned.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
What if...

You kiss someone in the game and they go on to kiss someone else and the other person they kiss then has sex with you and the person who you kissed originally but did not have sex with but are having sex with the person who kissed them then goes and has sex with Kevin Bacon?

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
What if...

You kiss someone in the game and they go on to kiss someone else and the other person they kiss then has sex with you and the person who you kissed originally but did not have sex with but are having sex with the person who kissed them then goes and has sex with Kevin Bacon?
That would totally lead into a spawn of a Tremor right beside Kevin Bacon. Then Fred Ward would show up and...

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
What if...

The six degrees of kiss kiss bang bang.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Uhm - for me the game lost me in the last or maybe last 2 updates. That whole kidnapping and fighting in rain (that looks a bit wired and is hard to see anything detailed) is just not for me. Not in general but it feels like a huge break happend. Or I have to replay the game from start - maybe I forgot to much of the story.

Then there were these jumps in time - Ann tells you that she will contact you in the coming dayS and you said you wants to look for Mei the next day. But than you meet with Ann? ... That felt all a little bit rushed. Maybe to get it all in before starting Episode 2?

It is a fun game and has nice girls - but as I said, the latest updates confused me more than I hoped they would.

fzaner

Dec 27, 2016
wait a minute... is that some kind of easter egg about rena in acting lessons game ? she talked about liam and the female mc in acting lessons is the same developer of this game ?

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
wait a minute... is that some kind of easter egg about rena in acting lessons game ? she talked about liam and the female mc in acting lessons is the same developer of this game ?
Different dev, but yes it's an easter egg.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
As the story can be difficult to follow per update.. Rather wait for the Remastered edition and play from scratch... Then if things are still confusing ask away here and some hapless hero will help in unraveling it I hope... Hopefully not Ignatz as it seems he instigates more confusion than actual help :rolleyes:

Uhm - for me the game lost me in the last or maybe last 2 updates. That whole kidnapping and fighting in rain (that looks a bit wired and is hard to see anything detailed) is just not for me. Not in general but it feels like a huge break happend. Or I have to replay the game from start - maybe I forgot to much of the story.

Then there were these jumps in time - Ann tells you that she will contact you in the coming dayS and you said you wants to look for Mei the next day. But than you meet with Ann? ... That felt all a little bit rushed. Maybe to get it all in before starting Episode 2?

It is a fun game and has nice girls - but as I said, the latest updates confused me more than I hoped they would.

fzaner

Dec 27, 2016
if he really want to remaster his game graphicaly then wuld be super great if he removed forced sex... i mean give us the ability to refuse sexing a girl we don't like... the mc's so mush like a male whore who exist to please any female desire him without hesitation and this is not a badass character at all for a security company leader and martial arts master.

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Uhm - for me the game lost me in the last or maybe last 2 updates.
[...]
You're not going to understand everything that is going on right now, and that's as it is meant to be. You have a lot more questions than answers - which is exactly how Jensen is feeling. You probably know a bit more of at least what is happening than he does, although still not why, yet.

There have been a lot of clues to all sorts of things appearing through the first six chapters, but quite a bit of it is like finding the pieces to a large jigsaw puzzle. Certainly finding the piece is essential to do anything else, but it takes more time (and clues) to work out where it fits and what it connects to. Early on, a lot of those pieces are going to seem quite random - they don't seem to connect with anything else at all. As you start finding more and more pieces though, you'll start finding that 2 of them connect, then a third, and so on.

Not that you absolutely have to start figuring it out, that's just there for those who want to and love that aspect of thriller/mystery plots. Ultimately, you can just sit back as the story unfolds and the whole puzzle comes together over time, chapter by chapter, (while enjoying some very pleasant eye-candy).

Do remember though that the events and story progression so far are just the first series of chapters, and there is a LOT more to come.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
As an avid jigsaw puzzler (currently working one in the dining room, by the way), I don't think your analogy is quite accurate. But, its thrust is spot on.

Sometimes, I like to try to figure out what is going on in a story and sometimes I just sit back and let the author take me on the journey. It always comes down to trust. You need to have faith that the writer does indeed have a beginning, middle and end. If so, you'll get your answers eventually.

From my conversations with the Knobby one, I believe that trust is warranted. Yes, there are times the weave could have been a little tighter, but the story is developing fairly linear, even including the timeline shifts.

So, trust and sit tight or, as Rogue suggests, try to fit some pieces together. Either way, it should be a fun ride.

Xor

Game Developer
Jul 27, 2018
I have been getting errors during the crossover scenes with AL characters. I can ignore them and move past, just curious if anyone knows what is missing that is causing the error

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
I have been getting errors during the crossover scenes with AL characters. I can ignore them and move past, just curious if anyone knows what is missing that is causing the error
It's covered earlier in the discussion. Where DocPink pulled all of his side of the crossover, it's no longer setting a variable that was used on the RTP side. It's safe to simply ignore (Ignore option on the console error screen) and move past it, as all it was doing was referring to your character's name in the other game.

Unfortunately, MrKnobb wasn't warned in advance that the variable was going to be pulled from AL, causing that error, but it will all be fixed in the Remastered version of these first 6 chapters (should be released soon), which replaces the crossover characters and reference. Hopefully not to much of an inconvenience meantime to simply ignore the error and move on to the next scene. Thanks for understanding.

Reactions: WICKEDp4th

Xor

Game Developer
Jul 27, 2018
It's covered earlier in the discussion. Where DocPink pulled all of his side of the crossover, it's no longer setting a variable that was used on the RTP side. It's safe to simply ignore (Ignore option on the console error screen) and move past it, as all it was doing was referring to your character's name in the other game.

Unfortunately, MrKnobb wasn't warned in advance that the variable was going to be pulled from AL, causing that error, but it will all be fixed in the Remastered version of these first 6 chapters (should be released soon), which replaces the crossover characters and reference. Hopefully not to much of an inconvenience meantime to simply ignore the error and move on to the next scene. Thanks for understanding.
I do apologize for not seeing that and also thank you most kindly for your response.

Ignatz

Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Annnnd, I'm back. Forcing myself to sit down and play all these games just sitting on my hard drive (even though I support them...duh), I've finally gotten around to RtP.

The short form: Nice story development, art continues to impress and (literally) cliffhanger ending.

Now, the details, in spoiler box, of course...

So, yep, this game continues to merit my support and appreciation. The promise is strong and a lot of the questions, both in the game and about the game, are getting resolved. I still feel it could slow down a bit and do a little more explaining and character building, but that's a style disagreement, not a story issue.

Eager to see where Knobby and cohorts takes this next.

3.80 star(s) 77 Votes