cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Seriously? Just because you can only imagine 2 endings doesn't mean there are only 2 possible endings. :rolleyes:
i can imagine ending with some others too but still think that main endings are with mia and with sadie.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
While part of me is sad it's ending so soon after I found it
I'm also glad it's actually getting an ending

So many games get abandoned
It makes me weary of trying new ones.

HotVenusStudios

Writer/Game Developer
Game Developer
Jan 6, 2020
Ok, the way MC chooses Sadie feels more like just sex over love tbh. The scene when he chooses Mia was more passionate. Sadie should've been as equally passionate. If anything, there should've been 2 versions of the island scene. One with Mia and one with Sadie. Would've also liked the option to not cum in her....hey think about the players who do NOT wanna be losing $$$ cuz of a kid lol

Final episode better have a truly romantic (rather than slutty) scene with Sadie. She's too good a person while I honestly don't like Mia and her barbie-doll face.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Final episode better have a truly romantic (rather than slutty) scene with Sadie.
Or what? You'll throw another hissy fit?

One Dev openly thrashing another is bad form. Guess we need to analyze anything you've helped produce and publicly rip it in the most rude way we can.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Or what? You'll throw another hissy fit?

One Dev openly thrashing another is bad form. Guess we need to analyze anything you've helped produce and publicly rip it in the most rude way we can.
leave sadie fan alone.

Fapokso

Jan 16, 2020
Ok, the way MC chooses Sadie feels more like just sex over love tbh. The scene when he chooses Mia was more passionate. Sadie should've been as equally passionate. If anything, there should've been 2 versions of the island scene. One with Mia and one with Sadie. Would've also liked the option to not cum in her....hey think about the players who do NOT wanna be losing $$$ cuz of a kid lol

Final episode better have a truly romantic (rather than slutty) scene with Sadie. She's too good a person while I honestly don't like Mia and her barbie-doll face.
OP really thinks MC is gonna have a emotional ending with Sadie :HideThePain:
1000136943.jpg
This makes me wonder if Isla is even gonna have a ending with MC or the plotline just ends

HotVenusStudios

Writer/Game Developer
Game Developer
Jan 6, 2020
OP really thinks MC is gonna have a emotional ending with Sadie :HideThePain:
View attachment 2824081
This makes me wonder if Isla is even gonna have a ending with MC or the plotline just ends
Just my 2 cents. Just saying that if ur game is truly about choices, you should make it feel like it is. Think about it this way: in the video game series Mass Effect there's multiple love interests. Sure, some are hookups, but you'll notice there's some who are fully written to be a MAIN love interest. You really get that feel when u make ur choice, same for the video game series Dragon Age.
While the title is "returning to Mia" (what's with the dev changing titles of 2 games now?), there's nothing in that title that implies full romance. You can return to an old love just to patch shit up and forgive. Move on. So, since this story puts emphasis on choices, it makes more sense if such passionate scenes were also used on Sadie. I mean there's a scene where Sadie gives a speech to MC about accepting any past mistakes he's still hiding. That was...human. Deep shit. But that alley scene looked...slutty. MC can choose to be better than who he was before, ya know?
I may not be an experienced Dev, not at all. I'm new. I will confess to that. BUT...I am not new to writing. Especially to creating characters.
The dev is free to do as they want regardless. It's their shit, so they can do as they please. I was just sharing my thoughts. To me, a story with multiple heroines should be written in a way where all the SINCERE heroines are at max passion. This story does have a serious feel more than comedic. So why not give that serious feel to Sadie as much as Mia?
Just my thoughts.

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
I'm also glad it's actually getting an ending
...It makes me weary of trying new ones.
What he said. (y)
I honestly don't like Mia and her barbie-doll face.
How DARE you, sir? :sneaky:
One Dev openly thrashing another is bad form
While it seemed excessive in that there were so many posts all at once about flaws, there is nothing intrinsically "bad form" about one dev playing another's game and providing feedback. He has no more or less right to like/dislike a game just because he is also a dev of other stuff...although maybe DM might be a better way to make that many critiques all at once so as not to seem publicly rude.

As for Sadie as a character, I think it was totally realistic for the MC to try and move on from being 'dumped' by Mia and "hide" in another relationship. The fact that Sadie is aware of him being less invested in the relationship than he is is so dang realistic it immediately makes Sadie almost as realistic and sympathetic as Mia, which makes the MC's confilct in the second game so emotionally charged and (just like IRL) it seems impossible that it will end without a good person/character getting hurt, which is not a fun thing to play but it is very real. I like the Sadie character a ton, but for me Mia has to win and I just hope the writers can find a believable way to wrap things up.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
While it seemed excessive in that there were so many posts all at once about flaws, there is nothing intrinsically "bad form" about one dev playing another's game and providing feedback. He has no more or less right to like/dislike a game just because he is also a dev of other stuff...although maybe DM might be a better way to make that many critiques all at once so as not to seem publicly rude.
Feedback is one thing; being a raging dick is another. This was the latter.

HotVenusStudios

Writer/Game Developer
Game Developer
Jan 6, 2020
Wasn't raging. More like just eye rolling and sighing in disappointment. Kinda like how my parents look at me lol. And, bruh, you want raging....oh, I've seen legit raging. Usually it's when the post is in all caps and has an overuse of "!!!".

Sorry I don't like this chapter as much as u do. I just feel that it would be more realistic if Sadie was given the same passion level as Mia in this chapter. Cuz...if this is the moment when MC makes that final choice....make it max impactful. Yeah, someone will be heartbroken....but going by how I played the game, avoiding any romantic actions with Mia, it seemed she kinda already accepted she and MC wouldn't be involved romantically, but still patch things up. That's just the vibe I got, especially when Mia has a monologue on her own about what's happened.

What drew me to Sadie was absolutely that speech she gave MC about accepting his flaws and even any past mistakes he's made. That's a rare human trait in my experience. So that was the moment I felt her character deserved such deep romantic treatment. Hell, I'd even have an option for MC to have them both in his life romantically.

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
IMO you are overselling the tone/intent a bit. Probably the best solution is for HVS to create a second account/profile without the dev identifier if he wants to be critical of another's game if he wants his criticisms to be heard rather than just causing a kerfuffle simply because he is posting them at all - but also out of professional courtesy. E.g. one teacher should never go into another classroom and start criticizing the teaching style of a colleague in front of his/her students.
I'm guessing SOD that your culture/job/career is one where professional courtesy is a big deal or a strictly policed 'unwritten rule,' whereas HVS comes from a culture/job/career where openly pointing out peer's flaws in front of others is less of a taboo (Dutch perhaps?). Again, creating another standard account for those kinds of posts is probably the best option. While the Dutch (for example) may think their legendary frankness is a virtue, outside their borders the rest of the world considers them to be quite rude, and if they live abroad (or work with tourists domestically) they need to adapt accordingly. The ability to 'read the room' is always important.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
free speech so hvs can criticize as much as he wants inside forum rules, we pirates do same.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
free speech so hvs can criticize as much as he wants inside forum rules, we pirates do same.
As often is the case, you missed the point: there's "free speech" and there's being a dick and being disrespectful of another Dev. It's like parents fighting in front of the kids - bad form and sets a bad example.

3.80 star(s) 75 Votes