Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
Yes, I know, I understand you. Thanks anyway.
seems to me you just need to fix zoe's events. Since she's the broken element for us all.
If it's for more than 1 person it's probably not save file related it's a trigger that's wrong. I'll assume.
Zoe is broken for me too, most people don't enjoy restarting games because of reasons like this when there isn't even any guarantee it will work.
Or make it so I can change the Mc's name in the game so I can use someone else's save, I don't want my guys name to be jordan. That's cringe.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: NakkiMuki

Neytan

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2020
seems to me you just need to fix zoe's events. Since she's the broken element for us all.
If it's for more than 1 person it's probably not save file related it's a trigger that's wrong. I'll assume.
Zoe is broken for me too, most people don't enjoy restarting games because of reasons like this when there isn't even any guarantee it will work.
I understand you, but I have said it many times and I know I will have to keep saying it: This is a game in development where in some updates there will be minor changes or I will simply add content, but in others there will be big changes inside the code as it happened with Zoe some updates ago and for this reason the old save files (even from a recent version) can generate bugs and I leave the warning that you should not use them. The Zoe events are not broken (or is what I have been able to see), I have already tested today more than 5 times starting a new game in version 0.13, 0.14 and 0.15, and I stop to try to skip the Zoe events and it is not possible because the code does not allow me to do it. Therefore, I'm sure that starting a game would not cause this problem. I am waiting for a friend to test it on his PC and tell me if he had any inconvenience or anything.
The old save files save their parameters based on the code that is running at the time. If the code is changed the save file stops working or breaks the game. That is why in each version I leave save files so that they do not suffer these possible failures while reaching a point where there will be no need to make changes. I started developing this game as a complete novice and that is why it can be very rudimentary and even bad, but now that I have a little more knowledge, I am changing it to "improve" some things that may not be seen in the game, but that help me a lot in the coding. The way there is to fix Zoe is to start again. Sorry for the inconvenience, but these are things that can happen in the development of anything.

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
I understand you, but I have said it many times and I know I will have to keep saying it: This is a game in development where in some updates there will be minor changes or I will simply add content, but in others there will be big changes inside the code as it happened with Zoe some updates ago and for this reason the old save files (even from a recent version) can generate bugs and I leave the warning that you should not use them. The Zoe events are not broken (or is what I have been able to see), I have already tested today more than 5 times starting a new game in version 0.13, 0.14 and 0.15, and I stop to try to skip the Zoe events and it is not possible because the code does not allow me to do it. Therefore, I'm sure that starting a game would not cause this problem. I am waiting for a friend to test it on his PC and tell me if he had any inconvenience or anything.
The old save files save their parameters based on the code that is running at the time. If the code is changed the save file stops working or breaks the game. That is why in each version I leave save files so that they do not suffer these possible failures while reaching a point where there will be no need to make changes. I started developing this game as a complete novice and that is why it can be very rudimentary and even bad, but now that I have a little more knowledge, I am changing it to "improve" some things that may not be seen in the game, but that help me a lot in the coding. The way there is to fix Zoe is to start again. Sorry for the inconvenience, but these are things that can happen in the development of anything.
That's fine mate, all you need to do is make is so you can change the mc's name at will so people can use working save files and provide new saves at the start of the new version. That's usually the easiest way

Reactions: Neytan

Neytan

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2020
@neytam brother i have save file of 0.14v if i used in 00.15v should i get any error message??
I can't guarantee it, but in this version there were not many changes so, maybe. However, in case you want to play it safe, in this post are the save files where version 0.14 ends. Remember that you can change the MC name and the relationship with Valery from the phone in the bottom corner.

Reactions: sacchal007

Mr.Blackwell

Dec 27, 2019
Don't know if this is a bug or not but on the hint for Valery it says "Now that everything is cleared up I can spend time with her".Every time I try to spend time with her says "I have no reason to bother her".
It been saying that for about 2 weeks(game time).Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug in the game?

ShirouryuuAkihito

Apr 18, 2018
Hey is it only for me or is the game lagging a lot for others too? It was smooth for early versions that I played(0.12.0 and before). And yes I checked with other ren'py games and they work fine so I guess its not a version error or were the media files upgraded and my potato cant run it?

King0761

Mar 19, 2019
What to do after 69 with rachel and whom do I talk to about the night club to progress anna's story?

MrDeadRat

Oct 26, 2017
Started a new game can't access club, I have the hint to visit club, its only open at night, I come to club there is nothing there.
Save attached.

King0761

Mar 19, 2019
What to do after 69 with rachel and whom do I talk to about the night club to progress anna's story?

JR_001

Jul 1, 2017
Hey is it only for me or is the game lagging a lot for others too? It was smooth for early versions that I played(0.12.0 and before). And yes I checked with other ren'py games and they work fine so I guess its not a version error or were the media files upgraded and my potato cant run it?
Yes, seems laggy to me, especially when mini-map and icons at the top are on a screen. About three second lag on those.

Reactions: ShirouryuuAkihito
2.90 star(s) 16 Votes