Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
what i need to do with it ??? i did hell of a grind for it. i hope developer will not going to erase game progress in future updates

nillamello

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2018
what i need to do with it ??? i did hell of a grind for it. i hope developer will not going to erase game progress in future updates
I'm just going to put part of my patron post here so anyone reading will know my timeline right now.

First, my time will be very limited for the duration of the Covid-19 outbreak. With all the kids at home and no possibility of any daycare or babysitters, I simply don't have the time I used to. And I used to feel like I had no time. This all means that I really don't know when I'll have the next update ready. I'll keep the devlogs coming with images and stuff, but I don't even know how often I'll be able to do that.

The next update is planned to be a very large change in the game mechanics, as well as an introduction to the cast of characters that live in the palace. As far as size is concerned, this is by far the largest update I've ever planned, so I'm going to lay out all of my changes and updates here for you guys (and for myself, since I'm having trouble prioritizing).
So yeah... I may put the most current patreon version here if I still have no new version in the coming weeks, but I expect that my next update will be delayed for a while. I wish I could give a more accurate timeline.

As far as the shrine medallion goes, it's the key to the first dungeon, which will become available (in a preliminary sense) when the v0.2 update is finally ready. Once you learn the skills and stuff necessary to get it the first time, the books are easier to find. I'm also thinking about just making skills earned permanent, which would make the shrine medallion instantly available to anyone who previously found it.

Reactions: 401Grem and Paapi

rb88

Sep 21, 2018
Just bring your save games over to new game files or can we installed new ep on top older game folder?

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
rb88

You should be able to unless it states in the OP about saves not compatible or something but if you do hit a bunch of trace back errors try starting a new game and see as sometimes old saves become unusable.

Also renpy games save their save files to 2 different spots on your computer. game/save and users/name/appdata/roaming/renpy (search for game name DEV name or abbreivations but not all are named) To find the other save folder you have to hit the start key + R key and then type in appdata and hit search

nillamello

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2018
Just bring your save games over to new game files or can we installed new ep on top older game folder?
Under most circumstances, you should be able to just extract over a previous version of your game, but I recommend just removing the whole folder and then doing a fresh extraction for each new version (I've been known to change file names and I'm not sure how the game would handle multiple versions of the same code in different files). As myu mentioned above, the game saves your progress both in the actual directory and in a separate location deeper in your computer, so you shouldn't lose any progress even if you remove the game folder entirely and replace it.

Save compatibility is still good for any previous version. Older saves may have limited access to new game features (day five events that unlock areas, for example), but everything will calibrate again upon death.
Next update when ??
Unknown. I'm finding between an hour to two hours every day to work, but I think I need another fifty. The problem is that this next update is huge as far as game features go... A lot of non-sexy game bits are finally going in there and that means a LOT of coding, and I'm not a great coder. For perspective, the actual code in the most recent version is about 1500 lines (not counting dialogue, image calls, labels and things like that, but actual 'do this, do that' code mumbo-jumbo). So far, the additions I have in the dev version have 4500 lines of absolutely no story content (inventory, character classes, skill classes, functions out the butt, and the battle loop with all of the complexities that goes into that monstrosity). I mean, good news is that I have the inventory and equipment systems finished and integrated into the game. The battle system has an AI that is smart enough but also randomly stupid in ways that makes me smile (some enemies are randomly designated as stupid and target the party member least likely to be hurt by them and heal people who don't need it), and I've gotten skill animations to work in-game. Tomorrow, I'm going to see about getting damage numbers to pop up and stuff, then it's back into Maya to finish the battle sprites. Then the only thing left to do is to polish up the rewards calculations and plan drop lists and exp values.

Anyway, once the battle system works, it's just a matter of doing what I do for a normal update: I'm expanding there guild to incorporate the new systems, and adding some more renders and story elements.

Sometimes, a part of this that I thought would take FOREVER was finished in a day (equipping and unequipping armor, for example), and then some things that shouldn't take any time at all are killing multiple days (like...the battle sprites were animating just fine, but they never went off the screen. The characters would just keep on going as if totally unaware that a chicken was slamming it's dick up and down behind them. I has so many headaches on that and it was such a simple solution).

Tl:Dr: Next update will probably be ten days, give or take a few... I'm really not sure, but that seems plausible.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
I'm finding between an hour to two hours every day to work, but I think I need another fifty
How about some 'Whilst you're waiting' stuff?
  • Pretend bloopers
  • HD wallpapers, esp including nip-slips
  • Scenes that never happened but we wish they did
  • Funny scenes with characters in improbable situations
  • Actual bloopers, in HD, where rendering went horribly wrong

Something to tide us over while you get your fucking shit together and man up! :D
It won't do much for the dirty casuals, but it'd give us addicts something to live for. Just a little more man, I'll never ask again, just this time time, I just need this one, I mean, just let me smell it at least, man.

I'll let you do my mom.

Last edited:

nillamello

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2018
How about some 'Whilst you're waiting' stuff?
  • Pretend bloopers
  • HD wallpapers, esp including nip-slips
  • Scenes that never happened but we wish they did
  • Funny scenes with characters in improbable situations
  • Actual bloopers, in HD, where rendering went horribly wrong

Something to tide us over while you get your fucking shit together and man up! :D
It won't do much for the dirty casuals, but it'd give us addicts something to live for. Just a little more man, I'll never ask again, just this time time, I just need this one, I mean, just let me smell it at least, man.

I'll let you do my mom.
I have some things I can pull out, I think... I don't think they've been deleted, but I usually don't keep stuff I don't use. I'll be able to check in the morning. Today is actually my 17 year olds birthday (she's 18 now), so my night is booked.

My wife took yesterday off work and gave me the day, so I'm doing pretty well on the release timeline. It'll still be about a week, I think, but the nuts and bolts of the battle system are actually in place (unpolished right now, but the polish will come in future updates). I'm going to be doing render stuff starting tomorrow.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
I have some things I can pull out, I think... I don't think they've been deleted, but I usually don't keep stuff I don't use. I'll be able to check in the morning. Today is actually my 17 year olds birthday (she's 18 now), so my night is booked.

My wife took yesterday off work and gave me the day, so I'm doing pretty well on the release timeline. It'll still be about a week, I think, but the nuts and bolts of the battle system are actually in place (unpolished right now, but the polish will come in future updates). I'm going to be doing render stuff starting tomorrow.
Well, just doing one, two or all of the things I suggested would give us something to play with (and set as our wallpapers), and I think give you a little bit of extra time.

You've gotta admit; you have some very photogenic models. I, for one, would adore some dedicated, propped, wallpapers, and would gladly give you another week before calling in the tortureman (a hitman would have the opposite effect to my intention).

Ps; Thanks for being so polite in the PM towards my Mom. I'll let you know, but I think Sunday evening is fine, as you asked.

Edit: Changed Mum to Mom for authenticity.

Last edited:

Dudenator

Sep 2, 2017
3D Ren'Py VN that has original and unique artstyle instead of yet another legion of generic daz models...
What sorcery is this! Seriously though kudos on such unique models, it's a breath of freshair.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
There is a devlog #8 (mostly a progress report) that was posted on April 16 but no clue what it's about though.

Reactions: Paapi

nillamello

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2018
Ok, I'm on schedule for release on Friday. I have a few final renders that need to be done (mostly composite stuff for back and forth dialogue). I have some placeholder sprites that need to be finished for various battle animations (mostly death sprites), and then I actually need to do some writing for narration and dialogue. After this big one is finally finished, I'm planning on putting out much smaller weekly content updates to fill in the rough egdes for this one. Like... v0.2 is very rough, 'cause I've cut so much polishing from it to cover for my lack of development time.

nillamello

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2018
Newest version for Patrons is uploading now, so I've gone ahead and put up the public links for you guys. There are a handful of known glitches in this one, but they can all be 'ignored' without damaging the game. Lani also has a strange image addition to her night scene... anyway, the next one will come in about a week, and that's the one that I've been working on for so long (v0.2). Then roughly weekly content releases for the foreseeable future.

Chris1992-

Dec 2, 2017
there is a little problem with te workupload link, were is say's windows it wil direct you to mac version
and were it say's mac it wil direct you to windows version

Reactions: spectref95
3.30 star(s) 21 Votes