Mushmon

Nov 19, 2019
If no error, can you tell me what happens right before the crash? (like the dialogue or something... I have to assume that I have a misspelled tag or something in the code related to your specific set of stats at load)
So I get the crash if I skip to day 5 as well, it says nothing and just goes back to the main menu.
<--- This is the last dialogue before it goes back to the menu.

Reactions: nillamello

nillamello

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2018
So how much game time is there so far? I'm a little iffy on the plastic doll look, but I'm willing to try almost anything once.
Its a little hard to say for sure, but probably two hours if you only want sexy cg, and three or four if you want to read all the dialogue or have really bad luck (some non-sexy content requires stat rolls that could potentially never hit if you are literally the god of bad luck or something). If you want to wait to try it until more content is available, my next scheduled milestone is the 0.2 version, which is probably one month away.
Wow - I love the new banner! The gap between the shorts and her ... leg. There has to be a name for that - an equivalent to zettai ryōiki (absolute territory - the gap between the top of long thigh-high socks and a short skirt).
Thanks! I'll get a permanent banner eventually. Or maybe not, who knows. I really liked that particular scene for Lani.
Man fucking loving this game so far, Great work (y). Are you planning any form of mini-games, or combat for this game? Im real excited to see where this game goes!
I'm glad you like it! I'm slowly planning out a semi-retro rpg system for the adventure guild content (I'm rendering the sprites in Maya, same as everything else, but I'm transferring all of the characters to a toon shader for their fighting screen versions. Deciding on the final pixel density on the sprites may be the hardest part). Alchemy is a crafting system based on things looted and bought, the temple is for enriching your soul, and the palace will require elements from all of the previously mentioned systems. There's a lot to be finalized, but that's the gist of it.

Reactions: -Yaros-

ssj782

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Its a little hard to say for sure, but probably two hours if you only want sexy cg, and three or four if you want to read all the dialogue or have really bad luck (some non-sexy content requires stat rolls that could potentially never hit if you are literally the god of bad luck or something). If you want to wait to try it until more content is available, my next scheduled milestone is the 0.2 version, which is probably one month away.
I do read everything, as long as the story is interesting.
I was asking about the whole thing, story included. Though I do have pretty bad luck, so the warning about said luck is a bit ominous, lol.

nillamello

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2018
So I get the crash if I skip to day 5 as well, it says nothing and just goes back to the main menu.
<--- This is the last dialogue before it goes back to the menu.
Ok, that at least gives me a direction to look... Normally the game would exit to the main menu because I prematurely ended it by accident (not that I've made that mistake a hundred times or anything). My kids go to bed in two hours, so I'll look through the code then. Hopefully I can just throw up a patch.

Mushmon

Nov 19, 2019
Ok, that at least gives me a direction to look... Normally the game would exit to the main menu because I prematurely ended it by accident (not that I've made that mistake a hundred times or anything). My kids go to bed in two hours, so I'll look through the code then. Hopefully I can just throw up a patch.
So after continuing through the game form day 1 instead of skipping to the end of day 5 it worked fine, and after re-birthing It allows me to skip to day 5 without the crash. My guess is its something to do with old saves? hope this helps.

I'm glad you like it! I'm slowly planning out a semi-retro rpg system for the adventure guild content (I'm rendering the sprites in Maya, same as everything else, but I'm transferring all of the characters to a toon shader for their fighting screen versions. Deciding on the final pixel density on the sprites may be the hardest part). Alchemy is a crafting system based on things looted and bought, the temple is for enriching your soul, and the palace will require elements from all of the previously mentioned systems. There's a lot to be finalized, but that's the gist of it.
Damn that sounds pretty cool, if you are going for semi-retro sprites, I suggest sampling from Octopath travelers sprites. Have the reto look, but easier on the eyes.

Last edited:

nillamello

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2018
ThunderRob Mushmon
Found it! I've attached a hotfix file. Just replace the 'professions.rpy' file in your game directory with the attached file.

While I'm at it, I also have a fix for Lani's missing sparring CG (the 'you lose' scenario). Just replace the 'practice.rpy' file with the attached and then lose to see the scene.

Reactions: ThunderRob

nillamello

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2018
So after continuing through the game form day 1 instead of skipping to the end of day 5 it worked fine, and after re-birthing It allows me to skip to day 5 without the crash. My guess is its something to do with old saves? hope this helps.
So, you're sort of right. There's a very specific scenario that requires you to start from day five, but also ONLY qualify for the alchemy job. Since I fucked up the spacing (seriously, just needed to indent a single line), after the conversation it placed you 'where you would next be', but since you didn't actually play any content, the game didn't know where to return you, so it poofed you out back at the main menu. Had the player started from day one (or qualified to see the entire conversation), it would have just shat you back out in the map screen.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
It's interesting that I'm really buffed in skills where there are nip-slips, and less so in areas where nothing is interesting.

Something to be considered for future updates, perhaps.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
I did all the jibbie-jobbie and the fluejie, and I still get kicked back to the main menu.

"OK, so what do I get to do?"
"You would do errands ...Basic potions"
"Oh, that's cool"
"Her shop..."
"She said..."
*BOOT*

(That's with the replacement files above, and with proper renaming).

[I dint get no nookie. I need nookie. Red cat girl is so hot :( ]

nillamello

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2018
I did all the jibbie-jobbie and the fluejie, and I still get kicked back to the main menu.

"OK, so what do I get to do?"
"You would do errands ...Basic potions"
"Oh, that's cool"
"Her shop..."
"She said..."
*BOOT*

(That's with the replacement files above, and with proper renaming).

[I dint get no nookie. I need nookie. Red cat girl is so hot :( ]
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'll need to take a closer look, but I can't do it till morning. I read that just replacing the file should be enough, but maybe I need to do a full recompile.... I'll try to make it a quick fix.

Reactions: Zenithtb

riddo

Apr 30, 2017
are there any sex scene between MC and any of the girls in game?
I completed it few times (got reviwnded) and nothing happen. Only getting the scene when he watches at night.

dovalacky

Nov 13, 2019
"image sparkles not found" perhaps meant to be sparkle
Error if not high enough stats for 2nd spar round. Next image was a naked Lani over the below.
Edit: just saw the above known in change log. However I think its borked the win as keep repeating round 2.
2nd lani round the win message seems to cycle twice as well about affection increasing.

Last edited:

nillamello

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2018
"image sparkles not found" perhaps meant to be sparkle
Error if not high enough stats for 2nd spar round. Next image was a naked Lani over the below.
Edit: just saw the above known in change log. However I think its borked the win as keep repeating round 2.
2nd lani round the win message seems to cycle twice as well about affection increasing.
ThunderRob Mushmon Zenithtb
OK.
I've tested this. I went through with a full playthrough this morning to find all of the mentioned glitches and correct them one by one, then made a clean install, added in the changed files, and tested each one to make sure it was operating as expected. This should work. It totally should work. Please let it work.

I wasn't aware before that F95 slightly changes file names... I doubt that was a problem for anyone, but I've wrapped these up with a *.rar instead of just a straight up attachment to avoid that being a problem for anyone.

Steps:
1. Move the files into your 'game' directory and replace the existing files.
2. Close the game.
3. Reopen the game.
4. There is no four.

This should fix:
Lani sparring scenes acting dumb because I'm dumb.
No longer exits to menu on day six is you only have access to alchemy.

I also fixed the sparkles image, but I didn't think that was worthy of making a hotfix... it'll be working in future versions.

Reactions: medgecko

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
some non-sexy content requires stat rolls that could potentially never hit if you are literally the god of bad luck or something
Are the clues part of that "non-sexy content"? Because I am normally one of those aforementioned "gods of bad luck", but I got every clue first try with low stats. Also, is there any reason to get the advanced levels of chicken-phobia? Or is that related to unlocking the alchemy or some such thing?
How to trigger the shrine clue?
You need to search the library in the afternoon when Mama isn't there till you find the Magic 101 (full name slightly longer) book (this requires you to have learned magic from the magic primer). Keep studying Magic 101 till you unlock light magic. Now you can do the shrine clue.

Reactions: ontach

nillamello

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2018
Are the clues part of that "non-sexy content"? Because I am normally one of those aforementioned "gods of bad luck", but I got every clue first try with low stats. Also, is there any reason to get the advanced levels of chicken-phobia? Or is that related to unlocking the alchemy or some such thing?

You need to search the library in the afternoon when Mama isn't there till you find the Magic 101 (full name slightly longer) book (this requires you to have learned magic from the magic primer). Keep studying Magic 101 till you unlock light magic. Now you can do the shrine clue.
Now that would be impressive good luck. Yes, those would be the non-sexy content mentioned. Bess has a random evening scene that is the start of more content for her, but not filled in (just a few variations on one CG), then there's the teasing scenes for Marla (random afternoon things) and Lani (sparring, training, two night scenes). Then there's Bess's three... I think three scenes split over five nights (you need to watch two twice, if I recall correctly).
As far as titles go, nothing is necessary right now once you have the basic ones. The next update will add additional title levels and temple content, but again, not necessary yet to unlock anything. Besides, all of the chicken titles should hit through the usual course of gameplay... probably. If not, I'll figure something out when the time comes.

-Yaros-

Jul 10, 2018
Hi, a little bug report from my gameplay, nothing serious but i hope it help

At the mirror (first time):
Image 'marla_clothes_casual1' not found
Image 'dad_clothes_uniform' not found

At the library activating magic
Image 'sparkles' not found

After winning the second fight with Lani I confirm that the lines of text are repeated two times

3.30 star(s) 21 Votes