4.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Lunna_

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
If you leave the bar after telling your cousin you are leaving for the city before talking to the greenhaired man you can't get back in because it is closed in the morning. At that point you are stuck in timeline.
Fixed. I'll upload the file to my Patreon and Discord channel now. F95 may take a little while to update.

Reactions: greymetalsinner

HabibHanson

Nov 10, 2019
I quite like this, needs to stew a little but the base is there. Couple ideas to look at to make things even better:

-Would be nice to have some visual indicator of transition zones to different areas. Thinking in terms of the forest by the village exit, there's no clear path or indicator leading you there.
-The hint system is great for if you are lost but a lot of objectives should use inner monologue to tell you what to do next. If I have to open up hints to find the next objective then that probably should have been an internal dialogue that popped up at the end of the previous scene.
-Consider adding pupils to Reya. Usually when her eyes have no pupils like the do normally now that indicates that her mind is already broken. This is admittedly personal preference and up to you but using the inclusion/lack of pupils could be an indirect way of seeing what state she is in.
-I really enjoy how much of a slow burn you are doing with the corruption here, but the transition from awkward girl to straight up slobbing gramps knob is a bit quick. A scene where she's coerced into doing something like that through trickery/blackmail/etc would help smooth that over and give a sense of reluctance. A simple idea here would be another hide and go seek scene where the mayor gets the BJ he wants by convincing Reya its for her father's sake or something.
-I see in the files that you have a lot of images for scenes that were removed/peeled back, the above suggestion plays into this but having some scenes re-visited with a more corrupted Reya later would be a good way to ensure those don't go to waste.

Like I said up top, you have a good stew here and its hard to fuck up stew. However some adjustments to ingredients often makes for the difference between a good stew and a great one. I'm eager to see which one you produce.

Lunna_

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I quite like this, needs to stew a little but the base is there. Couple ideas to look at to make things even better:

-Would be nice to have some visual indicator of transition zones to different areas. Thinking in terms of the forest by the village exit, there's no clear path or indicator leading you there.
-The hint system is great for if you are lost but a lot of objectives should use inner monologue to tell you what to do next. If I have to open up hints to find the next objective then that probably should have been an internal dialogue that popped up at the end of the previous scene.
-Consider adding pupils to Reya. Usually when her eyes have no pupils like the do normally now that indicates that her mind is already broken. This is admittedly personal preference and up to you but using the inclusion/lack of pupils could be an indirect way of seeing what state she is in.
-I really enjoy how much of a slow burn you are doing with the corruption here, but the transition from awkward girl to straight up slobbing gramps knob is a bit quick. A scene where she's coerced into doing something like that through trickery/blackmail/etc would help smooth that over and give a sense of reluctance. A simple idea here would be another hide and go seek scene where the mayor gets the BJ he wants by convincing Reya its for her father's sake or something.
-I see in the files that you have a lot of images for scenes that were removed/peeled back, the above suggestion plays into this but having some scenes re-visited with a more corrupted Reya later would be a good way to ensure those don't go to waste.

Like I said up top, you have a good stew here and its hard to fuck up stew. However some adjustments to ingredients often makes for the difference between a good stew and a great one. I'm eager to see which one you produce.
You know, this is really nice and motivates you to keep going. Thank you for your kind words. There is someone that made some harsh critics some messages before and I think it's good as well so I can think carefully where I'm doing wrong.
- The visual indicators for where to go is a good idea, but since I want people to explore the map, I think I need to keep that way. There are some little hints for future content too. This and I think that visual indicators kinda makes the map uglier >_<
- For now, the hints in Reya's mind is the best approach I decided for where the game is in. I mean. Soon the game will open the world and Reya will be able to travel, get different jobs, meet different NPCs and create relationships with them (being able to start a family and all). When this happens, There's a little book I made (not implemented on the game yet) that tells what jobs she's doing, what are the next steps and all. For now, the game is pretty linear and there's no need for a deep system of what to do next or dialogue keys to what to do next. This next update, Reya will visit a big city and I may need to make Reya announce at the begin of the day (or the quest) what she needs to do. But I'll see about that once I get there in the update =3
- About the pupils in her eyes... I'm already doing that. I mean. I'm learning about the tools in iPad and I didn't transported my art to the game yet. Once I do that, I'll make an option to change her eyes design on the mirror where you already change her hair style.
- I know, she did turn a little quicker >_<. But the thing about Reya starting to corrupt a little faster now, is that I wanted to let the player choose what Reya would become. I mean, you still can avoid her corruption depending what you answer are to the NPCs. I made it so because I know some people like to see the next scenes just to... do boy's things... And there are others that want to see a good story. Both choices have consequences in her life and story. I think I told someone here or on Discord about the replayability of the game. That you can take different paths in her life, depending on player's choices.
- Yeah, there were some scenes that I needed to cut in half because Reya was being corrupted a lot faster than I intended her to. But that's fixed. I'm planning on making a cheat to let her revisit her timeline and change some aspects of the game and I know just what to do about that =3
I really hope that I keep up to your expectations or even surprise you in a good way x)

HabibHanson

Nov 10, 2019
You know, this is really nice and motivates you to keep going. Thank you for your kind words. There is someone that made some harsh critics some messages before and I think it's good as well so I can think carefully where I'm doing wrong.
- The visual indicators for where to go is a good idea, but since I want people to explore the map, I think I need to keep that way. There are some little hints for future content too. This and I think that visual indicators kinda makes the map uglier >_<
- For now, the hints in Reya's mind is the best approach I decided for where the game is in. I mean. Soon the game will open the world and Reya will be able to travel, get different jobs, meet different NPCs and create relationships with them (being able to start a family and all). When this happens, There's a little book I made (not implemented on the game yet) that tells what jobs she's doing, what are the next steps and all. For now, the game is pretty linear and there's no need for a deep system of what to do next or dialogue keys to what to do next. This next update, Reya will visit a big city and I may need to make Reya announce at the begin of the day (or the quest) what she needs to do. But I'll see about that once I get there in the update =3
- About the pupils in her eyes... I'm already doing that. I mean. I'm learning about the tools in iPad and I didn't transported my art to the game yet. Once I do that, I'll make an option to change her eyes design on the mirror where you already change her hair style.
- I know, she did turn a little quicker >_<. But the thing about Reya starting to corrupt a little faster now, is that I wanted to let the player choose what Reya would become. I mean, you still can avoid her corruption depending what you answer are to the NPCs. I made it so because I know some people like to see the next scenes just to... do boy's things... And there are others that want to see a good story. Both choices have consequences in her life and story. I think I told someone here or on Discord about the replayability of the game. That you can take different paths in her life, depending on player's choices.
- Yeah, there were some scenes that I needed to cut in half because Reya was being corrupted a lot faster than I intended her to. But that's fixed. I'm planning on making a cheat to let her revisit her timeline and change some aspects of the game and I know just what to do about that =3
I really hope that I keep up to your expectations or even surprise you in a good way x)

Sounds like you have a plan in mind, I'll leave you to it. Btw visual indicators don't always have to be big ass bobbing arrows. Changes in ground texture are great ways to subtly guide the eye and make it curious about what is in a specific spot. Keep on keeping on, its easy to be down on yourself but these things usually are best polished at the end. Its ok for stuff to be a little rough right now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lunna_

Lunna_

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Sounds like you have a plan in mind, I'll leave you to it. Btw visual indicators don't always have to be big ass bobbing arrows. Changes in ground texture are great ways to subtly guide the eye and make it curious about what is in a specific spot. Keep on keeping on, its easy to be down on yourself but these things usually are best polished at the end. Its ok for stuff to be a little rough right now.
Yeah. I hadn't thought about little cues on the ground... I'll think carefully about that. Thanks x)

Jul 22, 2021
Don't know if been mentioned but the internal thoughts/monologue are the same text as speech. Making them different might help a bit to keep it logical. Like the caravan ride to the city loses some impact when he actually is saying them out loud

Lunna_

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Don't know if been mentioned but the internal thoughts/monologue are the same text as speech. Making them different might help a bit to keep it logical. Like the caravan ride to the city loses some impact when he actually is saying them out loud
I don't know if I understand what you mean...
If you're talking about Ferdinand saying things on his cart, it's part of his personality to say things out loud. I will show more of his trait later in the game where he puts Reya in some troubles.

Zatsu74

Jan 11, 2018
Working selling perfume you get stuck after the third customer. No one else comes and you are stuck behind the counter.

Lunna_

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Working selling perfume you get stuck after the third customer. No one else comes and you are stuck behind the counter.
Hi! Are you using the latest update? Can you share your save file so I can see what's going on?

Mar 3, 2022
Was told to go to Cobalt City to find Matt. No one knows him. Checked here and read to go to the forest, can't get into the forest as it only says her dad used to hunt there or something. Is the game even worth trying to figure out or is it just shitty images like the intro?

• Angry
Reactions: greymetalsinner

Lunna_

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Was told to go to Cobalt City to find Matt. No one knows him. Checked here and read to go to the forest, can't get into the forest as it only says her dad used to hunt there or something. Is the game even worth trying to figure out or is it just shitty images like the intro?
You can use your skill Reya's thoughts to figure out what to do next. There is someone on the crowd of Cobalt Town that may know him.
Oh, yeah. There are some more shitty images like the intro u_u
Edit: I'm on my pms, sorry if I'm being rude.

4.00 star(s) 3 Votes