Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Seeing as how we might still have a few more weeks before any update grind, Do you think you could let us know about any planned changes you are looking to implement from the request list?
Nothing from the request list is being actively worked on at the moment. Again. it mostly exists as a way for me to quickly look at things that have been asked for so I don't have to search 200 pages. To work on stuff I have to feel very motivated to do it (especially if it has art required (and they all do)). At the moment, nothing jumps out at me that I'm excited to spend time on.

Outside of that, there are three things I'm working on, although I don't expect any of them for the next release.

First is seeing how viable the x-ray for all scenes is. Very short answer with limited time put in on it is, maybe, but unlikely. WatsonTouya, who drew the artwork and put together the animations for the x-ray used in Ballfondlers, did a bit of looking into it, and there are several big issues.

The first being that the art is for a night time shot, so the images have a blue-ish tinge over them, minor and fixable, but also means new artwork.

Second is the direction of the artwork. While we can easily move the image around the screen, the thrust direction is upwards, which won't match all animations, making it look bizarre if Morty is thrusting in a different direction.

Lastly, and a much larger issue, is frame rate. The x-rays were made to run at 7 frames a second, while most animations in the game are either 24 or 30. Even syncing up the the key frame timing, the different frame speeds look odd together. There may be a way to do it (I could, for example, make in-betweens, or use ATL to add animations, and fill in the "missing" frames), but it is a much bigger project than I had hoped it would be.

I'll spend a bit more time on it, as I think it is a feature many people (myself included) would like. But I'm not hopeful I can get it to work without a large time investment. It feels like a much bigger, more time consuming version of character blinks.

And speaking of character blinks, that's the other thing I'm doing, although at a near glacial pace. They aren't difficult to make (most of the time), just tedious, repetitive, and time consuming. I have to either really hate myself or be very hyped to want to put in time doing them. They will get finished at some point... not sure when...

Lastly, I'm working on a collaborative scene that is still in it's early stages and I'm not ready to say much about yet.

Also, Could I also request the full request list be made accessible in a XL/Google Doc format? Non editable ofcourse.
Nope. Sorry screen shots are going to be the norm here. The big reason for this is that the list is part of a bigger doc I use for working on the project, and I don't want to sub divide it. I'd also have to put it on another account to give people access, making it more difficult for me to use (or maintain two lists...). What is the main reason for wanting a doc format? Maybe I can do it another way.

Devilrv

Aug 6, 2019
First is seeing how viable the x-ray for all scenes is. Very short answer with limited time put in on it is, maybe, but unlikely. WatsonTouya, who drew the artwork and put together the animations for the x-ray used in Ballfondlers, did a bit of looking into it, and there are several big issues.

The first being that the art is for a night time shot, so the images have a blue-ish tinge over them, minor and fixable, but also means new artwork.

Second is the direction of the artwork. While we can easily move the image around the screen, the thrust direction is upwards, which won't match all animations, making it look bizarre if Morty is thrusting in a different direction.

Lastly, and a much larger issue, is frame rate. The x-rays were made to run at 7 frames a second, while most animations in the game are either 24 or 30. Even syncing up the the key frame timing, the different frame speeds look odd together. There may be a way to do it (I could, for example, make in-betweens, or use ATL to add animations, and fill in the "missing" frames), but it is a much bigger project than I had hoped it would be.
Yesss More Xray is great. But I understand the difficulty.

Lastly, I'm working on a collaborative scene that is still in it's early stages and I'm not ready to say much about yet.
Woohooo HYPE!!!!!

What is the main reason for wanting a doc format? Maybe I can do it another way.
The Screenshots are cutting off Much of the text and description on the task. A doc would have been easier to read/Navigate.

Zanehere

Jan 17, 2021
When morty first enters the cronenberg dimension (day 30, 'Red Portal'), the cronenberg that slowly approaches morty glitches after 10 seconds or something.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Next pair of ghost eyes that shows in the scene :
Fixed. Also turned on the missing blinks for Beth and Jerry.

When morty first enters the cronenberg dimension (day 30, 'Red Portal'), the cronenberg that slowly approaches morty glitches after 10 seconds or something.
I'm not seeing an issue here, can you give me more detail as to what is going wrong on your end?

MobileGrunt

Oct 5, 2019

I'm not seeing an issue here, can you give me more detail as to what is going wrong on your end?
I see what he's talking about. Just as the croenenberg is getting to the end of his path, there's a split second it teleports to the far left then back into position where it's stopped.

Zanehere

Jan 17, 2021

Actually never mind, I just went back to try and find it happening again, but it seems to have been a one time thing

Last edited:

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Zanehere & MobileGrunt I've spent about an hour trying to get this to manifest on my build and it just doesn't want to show up (or I'm looking away when it happens, one of the two). There is no complex code going on here, just a simple ATL easein command to move to x position over 40 seconds. All I could really do is make it shorter, but as it doesn't seem to happen that often, I'm inclined to leave it as is rather than try an fix something I can't see.

Still, thanks for letting me know, I'll add it to my long term bugs that I check every few months to see if there is an engine fix or a solution someone has found.

MobileGrunt

Oct 5, 2019
Zanehere & MobileGrunt I've spent about an hour trying to get this to manifest on my build and it just doesn't want to show up (or I'm looking away when it happens, one of the two). There is no complex code going on here, just a simple ATL easein command to move to x position over 40 seconds. All I could really do is make it shorter, but as it doesn't seem to happen that often, I'm inclined to leave it as is rather than try an fix something I can't see.

Still, thanks for letting me know, I'll add it to my long term bugs that I check every few months to see if there is an engine fix or a solution someone has found.
Yeah, seems to be inconsistent and not always at the same spot. Didn't have it happen when you get to the first line the croenenberg starts appearing, but at least happens most of the time when clicking through an extra line or two.

Hobo69

Dec 29, 2018
If a dev is going to make a sandbox then the game has to be built around it. it has to use the sandbox to enhance the gameplay, to let the player have meaningful choices. But so many devs just slap it in as a gameplay substitute. Click around to find the story, no real choices, just extra steps.
A-motherfuckin-men brother (sister?). Stop wasting our time devs!

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
r3.7f Status: RELEASED
Release Date: Saturday FEB 11th

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Progress Report #11 Feb 11 @ 09:10 UTC
Progress Report #10 Feb 11 @ 03:10 UTC
Progress Report #9 Feb 10 @ 23:35 UTC
Progress Report #8 Feb 10 @ 14:35 UTC
Progress Report #7 Feb 10 @ 09:20 UTC
Progress Report #6 Feb 8 @ 13:20 UTC
Progress Report #5 Feb 7 @ 14:50 UTC
Progress Report #4 Feb 6 @ 14:50 UTC
Progress Report #3 Feb 5 @ 23:15 UTC
Progress Report #2 Feb 5 @ 15:45 UTC

Progress Report #1 Feb 5 @ 9:00 UTC:
At last, the unity version has arrived, at possibly the worst time for me, but w/e it's here, and I'll do my best to get it ported over in as timely a manner as I can. Be aware that this will take a little longer (I have other things going on, and I want to give my editor more time, and they are pretty busy at the moment too), but as always I'll keep you all updated with progress reports as I make progress.

Currently in the process of pulling out text and images, but it sounds like it's just 1 scene again this time and and it's fucking christmas themed.... Will update this post and make new ones as I have more info for you all! Thanks for staying awesome!

Last edited:

pigg

Jun 15, 2018
r3.7f Status: In Progress
Release Date: TBD

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Progress Report #1 Feb 5 @ 9:00 UTC:
At last, the unity version has arrived, at possibly the worst time for me, but w/e it's here, and I'll do my best to get it ported over in as timely a manner as I can. Be aware that this will take a little longer (I have other things going on, and I want to give my editor more time, and they are pretty busy at the moment too), but as always I'll keep you all updated with progress reports as I make progress.

Currently in the process of pulling out text and images, but it sounds like it's just 1 scene again this time and and it's fucking christmas themed.... Will update this post and make new ones as I have more info for you all! Thanks for staying awesome!
1675586843567.png

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes