WatsonTouya

Dec 17, 2019
I'm trying to refrain from putting in response menus (as they drive me crazy in other games). I really only want menus to set flags for future text (Birth Control), or let the player have an alternate scene (Pullout/Inside). Why do you think there should be a choice here?
I just liked the different interactions in that part of the scene, but think that having them be determined by who's on the pill might not reflect on the player's actual intentions and that having the player choose the answer themselves was a simple solution. But if you don't like pop ups for choices that don't matter that much then that's alright.

Also another request/question (sorry I have so many :p) but could you change the app icon from the default Ren'Py icon? A lot of Ren'Py games I get have it and a lot of other Ren'Py games have their own icon so every time I see the Ren'Py girl I'm just like "huh?" It's not that big a deal, I'm just curious why some games have their own icon and some have pink chibi girl.

That is my edit, but it was there in release 1.0 as just some fun extra text (and I had forgotten it was there).
But this thread started in April, and the finale was in September. . .
ARE YOU DAN HARMON!?

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
but think that having them be determined by who's on the pill might not reflect on the player's actual intentions
I'll give it some more thought. It is pretty minor in the grand scope. And I'm not completely adverse to it, I just don't want to make a habit out of it and have menus for people to click every few lines that don't really have a purpose.

Also another request/question (sorry I have so many :p) but could you change the app icon from the default Ren'Py icon? A lot of Ren'Py games I get have it and a lot of other Ren'Py games have their own icon so every time I see the Ren'Py girl I'm just like "huh?" It's not that big a deal, I'm just curious why some games have their own icon and some have pink chibi girl.
My first thought was "but it does have it's own icon when it's running, the green portal (although it should probably be blue now that I actually think about it)" but I'm guessing you mean the icon on the .exe. No idea how to set it, but I'll look into it. It can't be that hard to do, right... RIGHT?!

Also, also, you've had some excellent contributions/requests/suggestions so far that I think have all benefitted the game in a positive way. So keep'em coming!

Edit:
Yeah, it was super easy to add in an icon.
1636567362175.png

But this thread started in April, and the finale was in September. . .
ARE YOU DAN HARMON!?
It's more a reference back the S1 episode "Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind" where the finite curve is first mentioned. But obviously I am (long pause) not...

Last edited:
Reactions: WatsonTouya

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Summer Room Hug
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sorry it took so long, I've been a bit preoccupied.
View attachment 1500128 View attachment 1500130 View attachment 1500131 View attachment 1500133 View attachment 1500134

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
WOW! Looking fantastic! Can't wait to see the final images for Morticia's alternate path! Obviously no rush, but are you targeting for this patch (Dec) or next patch (Feb)?

And errors corrected.

Last edited:

WatsonTouya

Dec 17, 2019
are you targeting for this patch (Dec) or next patch (Feb)?
April 16 2020.

. . . wait. . .

Honest answer? It took almost a week for probably not even a third of the rough drafts for only one of the like, four(?)(maybe more...) main animations. So 2 months per animation times 4. . .
Maybe next December. Or maybe I'll get exhausted and only finish 2 and say fuck it, release it in Summer (I don't think she'd like that). idk. But I wasn't joking when I said I'm nowhere near done with the scene.
: p

WatsonTouya

Dec 17, 2019
Night Mirror
Screenshot (189).png
Is it okay if I use more descriptive labels instead of only numbers. Sumfen like these:
d12_3_mission_start
d12_3_mission_end
d12_3_cowgirl_love2

I don't know if you'd be okay with that, or if Ren'Py'd be okay with that. What I do know is that I don't want to have a .txt file I have to constantly reference so I know what number means what. But if I can't then I'll just suck it up.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Night Mirror
View attachment 1501637
Is it okay if I use more descriptive labels instead of only numbers. Sumfen like these:
d12_3_mission_start
d12_3_mission_end
d12_3_cowgirl_love2

I don't know if you'd be okay with that, or if Ren'Py'd be okay with that. What I do know is that I don't want to have a .txt file I have to constantly reference so I know what number means what. But if I can't then I'll just suck it up.
Labels can have any text you want, I believe they follow the general rules of function names (can't start with a number, must be unique within the application, and no spaces). If you want to use descriptive text, I don't see why not. I used numbers because I built the game in a very liner fashion and the vast majority of the labels are breakouts from menu structure (i.e. the only jump commands to them are from the menu choices (or AutoMenu)). So, yeah, go for whatever label names you want.

Honest answer? It took almost a week for probably not even a third of the rough drafts for only one of the like, four(?)(maybe more...) main animations. So 2 months per animation times 4. . .
Maybe next December. Or maybe I'll get exhausted and only finish 2 and say fuck it, release it in Summer (I don't think she'd like that). idk. But I wasn't joking when I said I'm nowhere near done with the scene.
: p
Yeah, I know that feeling, struggling my way through The Summers Sleepover scene right now, about half done with the images, but I'm on a deadline to get it completed in the next week or so before the next patch! Why did I think doing new scenes was a good idea again?

Reactions: kenta16807
4.90 star(s) 96 Votes