the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Ring of Lust v0.4.2a.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

LokiSalmon

Jul 7, 2017
I haven't played this game in a long time, but I see it's approaching 5 GB. I would like to suggest either starting a Part 2 (or II) or posting an option for downloading chapter updates rather than the full game each update.
It's a problem that's been created by the use of exactly one "archive.rpa" for the entirety of the game's assets. It's relatively secure against code snooping, but makes updating with smaller patch downloads essentially impossible since everything is in that one file. That single RPA accounts for literally 97% of the game's total size, and only saves a little over 100 mb from the unpacked versions. Scripts only account for about 10mb of that, images and videos are about 4gb.

I wish the dev would break the game into a scripts RPA and individual character/location asset RPAs. That would let them release patch files with a scripts rpa and whatever characters have new content instead of making people download a massive archive every single update.

But the way the game is currently designed, that would take too much work to do. There are currently over 4000 image renders dumped unsorted into archive.rpa/images. As far as I can tell, making the game patchable would require re-sorting 4000 files. Not a small task.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
It's a problem that's been created by the use of exactly one "archive.rpa" for the entirety of the game's assets. It's relatively secure against code snooping, but makes updating with smaller patch downloads essentially impossible since everything is in that one file. That single RPA accounts for literally 97% of the game's total size, and only saves a little over 100 mb from the unpacked versions. Scripts only account for about 10mb of that, images and videos are about 4gb.

I wish the dev would break the game into a scripts RPA and individual character/location asset RPAs. That would let them release patch files with a scripts rpa and whatever characters have new content instead of making people download a massive archive every single update.

But the way the game is currently designed, that would take too much work to do. There are currently over 4000 image renders dumped unsorted into archive.rpa/images. As far as I can tell, making the game patchable would require re-sorting 4000 files. Not a small task.
"But the way the game is currently designed, that would take too much work to do."

Why would you need to re-sort anything? I'm not familiar with the code used here, but I can't imagine why all the old code can't look where it's always looked, while the New code points to the new archives just you described, how hard is it to call Archive2.rpa instead of Archive.rpa.
If it is a case of individual blocks in the archive then a search/replace could change the current archive called to archive/old, with new blocks being archive/v1, archive/v2, archive/v3, etc.

Reactions: Pdoan

negative1

Jun 5, 2017
"But the way the game is currently designed, that would take too much work to do."

Why would you need to re-sort anything? I'm not familiar with the code used here, but I can't imagine why all the old code can't look where it's always looked, while the New code points to the new archives just you described, how hard is it to call Archive2.rpa instead of Archive.rpa.
If it is a case of individual blocks in the archive then a search/replace could change the current archive called to archive/old, with new blocks being archive/v1, archive/v2, archive/v3, etc.
^this. switching to a per character or per update file system would allow cleaner updates.

Pdoan

Mar 1, 2018
I haven't played this game in a long time, but I see it's approaching 5 GB. I would like to suggest either starting a Part 2 (or II) or posting an option for downloading chapter updates rather than the full game each update.
If there isn't any repeatable content in the early part of the game, then broken it into chapter would be fine.
Archive is not necessarily "secure" against code snooping. And I agree with you that it doesn't reduce the size by much.

High Rise Climb has never use archive and it has per character file system. Its full size now is about 9GB, but its update is always less than 1GB.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
ring of lust... wasnt there a char that weasnt a patreon poster bimbo? was she cut?

Benares

May 12, 2017
according to the wt you are supposed to visit neighbor's house at saturday afternoon but i only get a scene with Lily, how about the scenes with Cleo? what do you have to do to get those?

BigPoppaLoppa

Jun 29, 2020
New update looks wonderful and I always did like this game however I must complain that the Android version is around 17 updates behind the current build and that sucks :cry:

naragas1

Oct 6, 2020
I want to ask somethin. When you started game , walkthrough was broken , the whole event loop f#cks , is it still?

BlackRiddick

Aug 27, 2019
Maybe its just me but I notice something but got to ask. Keep in mind Im not complainng im honestly laughing my ass off at this idea. But has anyone esle played thru enough of the game and notices that Michelle is a bit of a professional alpha dominate lust filled cock blocker to literally every woman she related to thus far ? LOL

2.50 star(s) 80 Votes