ai9999

Apr 2, 2020
I'm not usually looking forward to remasters, but in this case I actually do.
Although, admittedly, I would've still preferred a new chapter. I understand the reasoning, though. :p
Same here, I wish he would've just went with LRE in new chapters. also LRE is real pain in the a** and hard to manage though this remaster would improve the quality of future chapters indirectly by improving the talent of the developer.

Reactions: Dunner

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
Same here, I wish he would've just went with LRE in new chapters. also LRE is real pain in the a** and hard to manage though this remaster would improve the quality of future chapters indirectly by improving the talent of the developer.
The whole game was used with LRE plugin. It just I wasn't good with it when I first started. I don't think it's a pain in the ass or hard. I've used it since day one, I don't know any other way. It's easy now that I know what I'm doing.

ai9999

Apr 2, 2020
The whole game was used with LRE plugin. It just I wasn't good with it when I first started. I don't think it's a pain in the ass or hard. I've used it since day one, I don't know any other way. It's easy now that I know what I'm doing.
yep my point exactly by hard I meant hard to figure out and time consuming compared to Harmony4K. anyway keep up the good work.(y)

Jun 6, 2022
No clue what LRE is. :p

I'll also elaborate here and say, while I would've preferred a new chapter, I understand, and think it's the right move. Both art and writing becomes much better after episode 1. It's clear Jestur learned a lot, and quickly, between releases.

The coffee scene in the morning with Tiff and Darci in episode 3(?) had me bursting with laughter, and is one of my absolute favorites, not just in Ripples, but all AVNs.

ai9999

Apr 2, 2020
No clue what LRE is. :p
LRE (Linear Rendering Experiment) is like a enb, Improves lighting in Honey Select 1 and studio.

I'll also elaborate here and say, while I would've preferred a new chapter, I understand, and think it's the right move. Both art and writing becomes much better after episode 1. It's clear Jestur learned a lot, and quickly, between releases.

The coffee scene in the morning with Tiff and Darci in episode 3(?) had me bursting with laughter, and is one of my absolute favorites, not just in Ripples, but all AVNs.
There's no specific favorite scene for me. I liked most of them. also I like story aspects of the game such as choice and consequence, Time travel etc.. loved those since Bioware games.

Jun 6, 2022
There's no specific favorite scene for me. I liked most of them. also I like story aspects of the game such as choice and consequence, Time travel etc.. loved those since Bioware games.
Heh, I've got a lot of favorite scenes. I think Ripples is probably one of the best AVNs I've played, if not the best.
Ah, yeah, I love the Bioware games as well, in fact, I'm currently replaying DA:I. :p

Varimatras

Apr 29, 2017
That's really cool that video brought you here. The game gets so much better than the half of episode 1 the video shows(art quality get significantly better too). I hope you guys enjoy the rest of story. Come back and let me know what you think.
WEll what can i say, ive downloaded v. 0.4 but never played it and it went to my collection , but after watching MxR's vid, i downloaded the latest version and fuck yeah, i played it all the way thru...damn, what an awesome game, nice multi facetted characters, cool story, catchy humor that had me laughing hard and all kinds of awesome!

And when i look at the remaster pics...hell yeah, thats some hefty improvement there and then episode 5...cant wait...

keep up the good work! :)

Ah, yeah, I love the Bioware games as well, in fact, I'm currently replaying DA:I
Hehe im on my way thru the Mass Effect - LE, but ive got a ...holy shit is that modded to hell and back DA:I also on the SSD waiting to be taken for another ride. ;)

fakitap

Aug 1, 2017
Fan Theory Plot Twist : MC is everybody's daddy, even his own.
This one I'm not sure I believe. Don't get me wrong, it would be very fitting since it legitimately does seem like he is the father to every girl except Jessica, possibly Daphne and possibly (at least that's my going theory, which is needlessly convoluted and probably wrong, so I won't add it to this post) Jennys daughter, but Jessica is actually the exact problem.
In Ep4 (September 12th 1999) Tiff is pregnant with Jess and since she's not showing yet (she's not hiding it below a shirt, since her top shows midriff), she could at most be at the start of the 2nd trimester (so 3-4 months in).
That means on the day the VN starts (September 9th 2019) MC is 18 years and a couple days old (he says this during the intro) and Jess would have to be 19 years and around 6 months old. That means 9 months passed between Jess being born and Tiff getting pregnant with MC.

So for MC to somehow be his own father he would have had to first knock up Luna, Scarlett, Khloe and Gabby (and possibly Jenny and Lym), then not return a couple days later and not even 9 months later (where the argument could be that he came back to check on the kids and their moms after having almost singlehandedly doubled the towns population) but a random 15 months later, for the express purpose of knocking his mom up with himself and then dipping out again. That seems weirdly nonsensical.
So in my book the MC, Jessica and possibly Jennys daughter are the 3 young adults that have someone other than MC as their father. Daphne I'm not commenting on, since we might know her dad is a doctor, but all we know about the mom so far is that she owns some business. She could be Lym, she could be someone we have yet to meet (both in 2019 and in 1999) or she could be someone we will never get to meet, so until that is cleared up Daphne is one big questionmark.

Also a minor continuity error that I noticed while checking what the date at the end of Ep4 would actually be:
If this is already intended to be fixed in the remaster for Ep1, then don't mind me, but otherwise it might be worth taking a look at in order for it to not make it into the remaster as well:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: UnoriginalUserName

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
What a great game! While not a new or unique scenario (Hello, Back to the Future) the game still has a very compelling time travel mystery plot mixed with some fun and humor. The characters / LIs are excellent, the music chosen for various scenes is sublime and this is simply one of the best games you can play. You even get quite some content already with 0.4.

After trying out several VNs Ripples is one of the few gems among many lumps of coal.

I just hope this VN will never be abandoned and will get a proper ending. Waiting can be cruel sometimes, and in this case the next update can't come soon enough. And when can I save my poor aunt? I need to know! Also, Darci is just the best. She definitely needs a lot more scenes.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
This one I'm not sure I believe. Don't get me wrong, it would be very fitting since it legitimately does seem like he is the father to every girl except Jessica, possibly Daphne and possibly (at least that's my going theory, which is needlessly convoluted and probably wrong, so I won't add it to this post) Jennys daughter, but Jessica is actually the exact problem.
In Ep4 (September 12th 1999) Tiff is pregnant with Jess and since she's not showing yet (she's not hiding it below a shirt, since her top shows midriff), she could at most be at the start of the 2nd trimester (so 3-4 months in).
That means on the day the VN starts (September 9th 2019) MC is 18 years and a couple days old (he says this during the intro) and Jess would have to be 19 years and around 6 months old. That means 9 months passed between Jess being born and Tiff getting pregnant with MC.

So for MC to somehow be his own father he would have had to first knock up Luna, Scarlett, Khloe and Gabby (and possibly Jenny and Lym), then not return a couple days later and not even 9 months later (where the argument could be that he came back to check on the kids and their moms after having almost singlehandedly doubled the towns population) but a random 15 months later, for the express purpose of knocking his mom up with himself and then dipping out again. That seems weirdly nonsensical.
So in my book the MC, Jessica and possibly Jennys daughter are the 3 young adults that have someone other than MC as their father. Daphne I'm not commenting on, since we might know her dad is a doctor, but all we know about the mom so far is that she owns some business. She could be Lym, she could be someone we have yet to meet (both in 2019 and in 1999) or she could be someone we will never get to meet, so until that is cleared up Daphne is one big questionmark.

Also a minor continuity error that I noticed while checking what the date at the end of Ep4 would actually be:
If this is already intended to be fixed in the remaster for Ep1, then don't mind me, but otherwise it might be worth taking a look at in order for it to not make it into the remaster as well:

I personally think that's a terrible story plot. How could he go back and become his own father without ever having been born before? Problem with time travel, which almost nobody has ever done well, even noted authors and script writers, is that it never makes any sense and there are logical paradoxes that can't be explained.

I hope the dev doesn't try to get too fancy with the time travel and just uses it to save Jenny and his dad and/or explain what happened to them. Other VN/games that have time travel that I've played have just gone overboard and start losing any semblance of maintaining a suspension of disbelief to enjoy the time travel aspect.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
How could he go back and become his own father without ever having been born before?
Causal Loop. It's an actual scientific thing. Also known as a Bootstrap Paradox.

It's pretty common in science fiction. A notable example is the Terminator franchise. If Skynet didn't try to prevent John Connor from being born, his protector wouldn't have been sent back and put into a position to become his father and John Connor wouldn't have been born. There's other stuff in that franchise that's a bit messy with its time travel stuff too, but that's the inciting event of the franchise from the audience's perspective.
I don't think I've seen a movie or read a story about time travel I haven't had problems with. Time travel is just really difficult and you kind of just have to ignore stuff and just enjoy the ride.

Malachite1789

Dec 25, 2019
Causal Loop. It's an actual scientific thing. Also known as a Bootstrap Paradox.

It's pretty common in science fiction. A notable example is the Terminator franchise. If Skynet didn't try to prevent John Connor from being born, his protector wouldn't have been sent back and put into a position to become his father and John Connor wouldn't have been born. There's other stuff in that franchise that's a bit messy with its time travel stuff too, but that's the inciting event of the franchise from the audience's perspective.
I don't think I've seen a movie or read a story about time travel I haven't had problems with. Time travel is just really difficult and you kind of just have to ignore stuff and just enjoy the ride.
Yeah time travel is always tricky as it requires a certain amount of suspension of disbelief on the viewer/readers side.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
I guess that is why I'm saying that I hope the dev doesn't get carried away with it, because it is tricky to make it not seem to over the top that you can suspend disbelief. Making him the father of himself and all the others would be too hokey in my opinion.

Plaguerave

Sep 15, 2020
I just finally did a playthrough and all I have to say is DAMN!

The girls and everything were great but left me wanting more answers at the end of 4 especially the way things went with
it left me wondering if the choice I made contributed to that or helped that situation.

I feel like the way it ended there's so much room for speculation and guessing and theories as to what's going to happen and how.

Either way I didn't know a rework was in progress until I read threads and I really agree I hope the story doesn't get lost between all the time traveling and weird shit mc is experiencing.

Its a excellent story had me hooked when I first played it was up to the point of initial time travel then back to current time and maybe 1 or 2 scenes and it was over.

I probably wont check this again for awhile with hopes of seeing more progress and maybe 1 or 2 parts being added to the next chapter I'm hooked and if my bank wasn't an asshole and blocked patreon for no reason and would unblock it I would invest a bit into helping the dev.

Thanks for a great story and keep up the good work I am dead serious when I say hooked it's been awhile since another vn grabbed my attention and reeled me in like this.

Plaguerave

Sep 15, 2020

You bring up valid points and I had to dark mode the wiki its almost 2:30am but now I'm down the rabbit hole which is only reaffirming what I said above that it now leaves even more room for speculation and theory.

4.80 star(s) 294 Votes