SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Interesting to have a time-travel story resolve the return to MC's timeline in a single episode. Will he be dealing with the ripples from his sojourn for the rest of the game, or does he get to return to '99 and try to save Jenna again? Either way, I'm hooked. Great production, it must be said. The intro clip to episode 2 where it zooms along the road to reveal MC staring at the newspaper was proper movie-like.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Interesting to have a time-travel story resolve the return to MC's timeline in a single episode. Will he be dealing with the ripples from his sojourn for the rest of the game, or does he get to return to '99 and try to save Jenna again? Either way, I'm hooked. Great production, it must be said. The intro clip to episode 2 where it zooms along the road to reveal MC staring at the newspaper was proper movie-like.
I have the feeling that it will be a back and forth between the two times. Not that I'd know but perhaps he's his own father? No body was found when his dad "died" and he was unsuccessful in finding his dad when he was back in the past...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BTLD

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I have the feeling that it will be a back and forth between the two times. Not that I'd know but perhaps he's his own father? No body was found when his dad "died" and he was unsuccessful in finding his dad when he was back in the past...
how would you explain both of them living in the same space at the same time....doesn't make sense to me...but then again I can admit I'm not knowledgeable in this topic

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
how would you explain both of them living in the same space at the same time....doesn't make sense to me...but then again I can admit I'm not knowledgeable in this topic
Eh, there are others in here that were able to do a deep dive on it. I have no idea how it would work as I am also not a time travel aficionado. ;)

Reactions: BTLD

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Eh, there are others in here that were able to do a deep dive on it. I have no idea how it would work as I am also not a time travel aficionado. ;)
all we can do is wait and see how jestur develops this story
I'm sure he will deliver a awesome story :D

Reactions: MrFriendly

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
The mc being his own father would mess up the whole story. When you only have one timeline that kind of stuff only creates plot holes. And even if he goes with the multiple timeline path, where, when you change something in the past you create an different timeline, it wouldn't still make sense for him to be his own father. Time travel stories are tricky, you have to be really careful about how you want the story to progress or you risk creating a mess. For now the dev is doing a really good job.

Reactions: MrFriendly and BTLD

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
The grumpy guy is your father, he is trying to stop you changing things as he has wasted his life trying to change things, and you can't, if the MC stops his dad dying, then he would have no reason to go back in time, therefor his father would still die.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
The grumpy guy is your father, he is trying to stop you changing things as he has wasted his life trying to change things, and you can't, if the MC stops his dad dying, then he would have no reason to go back in time, therefor his father would still die.
The grumpy guy could still be MC's older self. We don't know anything atm.

Reactions: longsuper1

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Living in the same space and time could be worked around narratively, I think. In fact, I remember it was a major plot point of the sci-fi movie Predestination (it's the biggest spoiler in the movie, so click to reveal only if you're sure you've seen it, or don't intend to.)

The bigger problem for me is the 'chicken and egg' situation. You can't be your own biological father, since at some point some other man (or occasionally a holy spirit) would need to have contributed to your conception. Foster dad could be plausible, though.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Of course, there is a simple answer, its a fap game, since when do they have logic.
That's not fair, in most games it also makes total sense to spend your childhood with the landlady and share an apartment / house with her and a few female roommates and if it comes to sex, then that is taboo because sex with the landlady or the roommates is almost everywhere under the death penalty, isn't it?! ;)

4.80 star(s) 294 Votes