quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
It's like putting a bumper sticker on a Ferrari- Its just fucking awful
No. It's like a custom paint job.

I like tattoos. I don't like all tattoos. I think many are unimaginative. I like when people choose something personal to them. I have a couple of friends who have multiples, and every one has a story. They are beautiful women made more beautiful by their custom body art.

Skylar's specific tattoos? I like the ones she had before. I don't care much either way about the new ones. It's possibly a limitation of the platform used to create the models, but the sleeve tattoos are your typical "I look like everyone else who also got a bunch of skulls and 'edgy' stuff" boring tattoos. She's still hot, and a change like that is not going to have me deciding I won't be with someone anymore.

I'm not going to jump on anyone for preferring their women without tattoos. But that comparison was so far off I thought it deserved a response.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Every person I've ever known has changed from how they were she we first met, including all the ones I still like/spend time with.
How much time has passed in the game, a couple of weeks? How much does an average person change in that time? In a game like this when you start a route with someone you don't expect any major changes to appearance. Let's imagine now that Darci comes with a boobjob and triple Ds next episode. How many people who like Darci would like that?

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
No. It's like a custom paint job.

I like tattoos. I don't like all tattoos. I think many are unimaginative. I like when people choose something personal to them. I have a couple of friends who have multiples, and every one has a story. They are beautiful women made more beautiful by their custom body art.

Skylar's specific tattoos? I like the ones she had before. I don't care much either way about the new ones. It's possibly a limitation of the platform used to create the models, but the sleeve tattoos are your typical "I look like everyone else who also got a bunch of skulls and 'edgy' stuff" boring tattoos. She's still hot, and a change like that is not going to have me deciding I won't be with someone anymore.

I'm not going to jump on anyone for preferring their women without tattoos. But that comparison was so far off I thought it deserved a response.
Very well said!

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
How much time has passed in the game, a couple of weeks? How much does an average person change in that time? In a game like this when you start a route with someone you don't expect any major changes to appearance. Let's imagine now that Darci comes with a boobjob and triple Ds next episode. How many people who like Darci would like that?
People are more than just their looks.
My wife went from long almost black brown hair to bald in a couple of weeks, once the chemo kicked in.

Then once she got better her hair grew back in as ringlet curls, and a year later is still shorter than mine.

Your opinion is your opinion, but it's an incredibly shallow one. It's one thing to objectify the hell out of an avn character, but I really hope your opinion doesn't apply to the real people in your life.

Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
Unless I've missed something...you/we know this....because?

Again, unless I missed it (and I've not played the update yet), no one has told us there is only one...no one has said it only works in 20 year increments. If that is niot explicitly stated, then it isn't a fact. If that is explicitly stated in the new update, then ignore my post.
When you are able to ask questions of the masked guy after your 2nd excursion in the past he mentions that is the only working time machine and it works on 20-year skips.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
When you are able to ask questions of the masked guy after your 2nd excursion in the past he mentions that is the only working time machine and it works on 20-year skips.
Hmm...completely forgot that....may be time for a new run from the start.

Cheers Siphon.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
But he clearly has an agenda, and keeping MC in the dark is in his bag of tricks, so is it possible that he might be misleading the MC rather than keeping him fully informed?

Reactions: Coaxmetal

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
What's wrong with tattoos? They suite her punk/rock character
Nothing, I like them on Lizzie, the problem is you meet Lizzie she has tattoos, and you get used it it, but after over 3 years and 6 updates for Skylar to just suddenly changes her look and with so many tattoos it ruins her look we have been used to, maybe slowly adding in tattoos, but just all of a sudden 2 what are they sleeves? it just is too jarring and looks shit.

It suits Lizzie she seems more goth, but Skylar comes off more to me as a skater girl than punk/rock.

Reactions: daxil94

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
the problem is you meet Lizzie she has tattoos, and you get used it it, but after over 3 years and 6 updates for Skylar to just suddenly changes her look and with so many tattoos it ruins her look we have been used to
This happens in real life, though. I went most my life with no tattoos and my first one was a full arm sleeve. People do shit they want. I mean, I get it... it's not for everybody. And for me, I'd probably have the same shock factor if someone came back with full body tattoos and their eyeballs dyed black. But there's more to a relationship than just appearance.

I was once dating this freaky Catholic chick who I later discovered had a giant tiger tattoo covering her entire back. I didn't necessarily find that attractive, but she was fun to be around and the pussy was prime, so fuck it. Also, she was a freak in the sheets. Why give up all that over a tattoo?

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
And at least the moon phase tattoo suits her, if you interpret it as an reference to her mother, with whom, if I remember correctly, she has (had?) quite a close relationship. Yes, it's an unusual choice, but it's better than a guy with a heart tattoo that says "mother", for example.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
but Skylar comes off more to me as a skater girl than punk/rock.
You realize there's a ton of overlap in those communities right? Like the soundtracks of some of the most famous skateboarding games are nothing but punk/rock songs. Skatepunk is its own musical genre. Those things are not mutually exclusive by any stretch.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
You realize there's a ton of overlap in those communities right? Like the soundtracks of some of the most famous skateboarding games are nothing but punk/rock songs. Skatepunk is its own musical genre. Those things are not mutually exclusive by any stretch.

tony-hawk-pro-skater-2-button-edit-1643485674590.jpg TonyHawk_sProSkater3_25963af1-42b5-431d-add9-e6ac80d26fdf_1200x1200.jpg

The games that got me into punk rock music back then, absolute banger soundtracks and games. :D

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Pro Skater 1 was also full of bangers.
True, I didn't play the original game until after though. My first Tony Hawk game was THPS2, followed by THSP3 and Underground. Then only after playing THUG did I finally play the first pro skater, which is also great. I loved all the old Tony Hawk games from 2005 and before, except THPS4, that one felt a little uninspired compared to the rest of the series.

I'm actually playing through this game now, and Skylar is easily one of my favorites, love me a nice punk girl. :D

Reactions: TigerWolfe

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
True, I didn't play the original game until after though. My first Tony Hawk game was THPS2, followed by THSP3 and Underground. Then only after playing THUG did I finally play the first pro skater, which is also great. I loved all the old Tony Hawk games from 2005 and before, except THPS4, that one felt a little uninspired compared to the rest of the series.

I'm actually playing through this game now, and Skylar is easily one of my favorites, love me a nice punk girl. :D
I played 1 first then two with m/kb on a PC, don't remember 3 and 4 as well. thug 1 and 2 were great!

Reactions: SlapE
4.80 star(s) 293 Votes