Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Tattoos are perfect on a punk/rock girl as Skylar

Also the most underrated side girl Lizzie is nice with them
View attachment 3255851

:love:
I found myself adding more and more adding tattoos to female MCs in games like Cyberpunk or BG 3...I don't know...I never saw myself as someone who likes tattoos on women, but if they are supposed to look somewhat badass and it fits like their origin depending on the game... :unsure:

Lesbian Hana :KEK:

I hope there will be a MFF scene down the line in which her and the MC go to town on Skylar...I mean that has to happen at some point, right? :HideThePain::BootyTime:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Elhemeer

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
I just have to vent here. I have finished episode 4 and I really enjoy the game, but why is the main character a dimwitted moron?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, rant over. Back to the game.
I think you might have missed the part where he WANTS to change events. You can call that dumb or dangerous if you want, but it's not like he's just randomly bumbling around and causing changes.

He wants Jenny and his dad to survive.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
I just have to vent here. I have finished episode 4 and I really enjoy the game, but why is the main character a dimwitted moron?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, rant over. Back to the game.
The MC is not dimwitted.
He does not do what he is told by a man he does not trust at all.
To top it off he does everything you mentioned as a point to prove that thing for a purpose.

He wanted to grab a bite because he did have time to waste AND was forced to leave without breakfast. Meaning he is hungry as a wolf.
He took pictures to try and convince darci.
He beat the guy because he was threatening his mother and her unborn child, his sister.
He played at the arcade to basically see what all that hype was about. Remember arcades died out when MC was barely a toddler. And hiding his face from the angry idiot looking for him on the streets did not hurt either.
He contacted Jenny to not come off as a douchebag AND in the hopes to save her life.
He snuck around the facility to a) try to uncover what is going on and b) look for his father.

Whether his actions actually can save his aunt and dad is irrelevant. Even if the chance is exceedingly low he will try.
And remember. He got told that he can't by the guy he does not trust further than he could throw.

Looking from the outside it may look reckless.
But dimwitted?
No.

QWareZ

Jul 23, 2017
I think you might have missed the part where he WANTS to change events. You can call that dumb or dangerous if you want, but it's not like he's just randomly bumbling around and causing changes.

He wants Jenny and his dad to survive.
I get that he wants to change events, which is not a good idea, especially if he doesn't know what events to change. Also, changing events in 1999 to save one person might result in death of another (as I mentioned). Or any other changes. Especially if he doesn't know how some events interact. One of his actions might have saved Jenny but his other action might have changed it back.

The MC is not dimwitted.
He does not do what he is told by a man he does not trust at all.
To top it off he does everything you mentioned as a point to prove that thing for a purpose.

He wanted to grab a bite because he did have time to waste AND was forced to leave without breakfast. Meaning he is hungry as a wolf.
He took pictures to try and convince darci.
He beat the guy because he was threatening his mother and her unborn child, his sister.
He played at the arcade to basically see what all that hype was about. Remember arcades died out when MC was barely a toddler. And hiding his face from the angry idiot looking for him on the streets did not hurt either.
He contacted Jenny to not come off as a douchebag AND in the hopes to save her life.
He snuck around the facility to a) try to uncover what is going on and b) look for his father.

Whether his actions actually can save his aunt and dad is irrelevant. Even if the chance is exceedingly low he will try.
And remember. He got told that he can't by the guy he does not trust further than he could throw.

Looking from the outside it may look reckless.
But dimwitted?
No.
OK, Reckless might have been a better word.

I'm not saying that MC doesn't have reasons to do stuff - he certainly does. But having a reason to do something doesn't mean it's a good idea to do it (or that the reason is good). To me it just seemed like a series of dumb decisions without even trying to think about the consequences, especially since he caused trouble the first time by buying the phone with future/counterfeit money and he knows that people in 2019 can remember him from 1999.
If he doesn't trust the man, he shouldn't be doing his quest anyway. And anything and everything you do in the past can affect the future, that's time travel 101, whether you trust someone or not.
1) Yes, he was hungry. Again, you can survive couple of hours without food instead of risking changing the timeline.
2) Again yes, but why does he need to convince Darci? Is it worth risking that someone will notice him taking pictures? And convincing Darci increases the chance of her going with him (or even on her own) back to 1999 and given her temperament... And even if she managed to control herself, is a good idea to have more people messing with the timeline?
3) Beating up Eric is the part I'm ok with since April told MC to do it, so I would consider it "timeline safe".
Also, assuming Tiffany was pregnant with Jessica and since Jessica is alive in 2019, that means:
a) Eric wouldn't have caused any serious damage and your intervention was irrelevant (and April's advice therefore suspicious).
b) Tiffany would have been saved by someone else (again making your intervention irrelevant and April suspicious).
c) It's one of those paradoxes - MC went back in time to save Tiffany so she can take care of him in the future so he can go back in time to save her... But then it should have been part of his mission.
4) Eric was in no shape to run after him anyway. And even if I accept hiding in the arcade, then you should at least watch the door instead of playing games. And MC should definitely avoid contact with anyone.
5) Walking Jenny home ended up with her following him to the forest (and possibly further)... Yes, he couldn't have known it would happen but that just proves my point how dumb/irresponsible MC's actions are.
6) Sneaking around the facility was probably the dumbest shit of all. If he gets caught, he could miss the rendezvous. He might be searched (he has a phone from the future with pictures of stolen documents in it) and could possibly end up in jail.

I don't think the MC realizes how big of an impact his actions can have, even if they seem successful or innocuous.

And yes, we don't really know how time travel works in this game, so maybe all of this has to happen because it's already happened and it's required to happen again so the MC can travel back to 1999 from 2019 (see 3c above), thus making my complains pointless...

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
Haven't played this in a long time. Do we get to slide into Darcy yet? Probably the most important question on this site if I'm being honest.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
I get that he wants to change events, which is not a good idea, especially if he doesn't know what events to change. Also, changing events in 1999 to save one person might result in death of another (as I mentioned). Or any other changes. Especially if he doesn't know how some events interact. One of his actions might have saved Jenny but his other action might have changed it back.

OK, Reckless might have been a better word.

I'm not saying that MC doesn't have reasons to do stuff - he certainly does. But having a reason to do something doesn't mean it's a good idea to do it (or that the reason is good). To me it just seemed like a series of dumb decisions without even trying to think about the consequences, especially since he caused trouble the first time by buying the phone with future/counterfeit money and he knows that people in 2019 can remember him from 1999.
If he doesn't trust the man, he shouldn't be doing his quest anyway. And anything and everything you do in the past can affect the future, that's time travel 101, whether you trust someone or not.
1) Yes, he was hungry. Again, you can survive couple of hours without food instead of risking changing the timeline.
2) Again yes, but why does he need to convince Darci? Is it worth risking that someone will notice him taking pictures? And convincing Darci increases the chance of her going with him (or even on her own) back to 1999 and given her temperament... And even if she managed to control herself, is a good idea to have more people messing with the timeline?
3) Beating up Eric is the part I'm ok with since April told MC to do it, so I would consider it "timeline safe".
Also, assuming Tiffany was pregnant with Jessica and since Jessica is alive in 2019, that means:
a) Eric wouldn't have caused any serious damage and your intervention was irrelevant (and April's advice therefore suspicious).
b) Tiffany would have been saved by someone else (again making your intervention irrelevant and April suspicious).
c) It's one of those paradoxes - MC went back in time to save Tiffany so she can take care of him in the future so he can go back in time to save her... But then it should have been part of his mission.
4) Eric was in no shape to run after him anyway. And even if I accept hiding in the arcade, then you should at least watch the door instead of playing games. And MC should definitely avoid contact with anyone.
5) Walking Jenny home ended up with her following him to the forest (and possibly further)... Yes, he couldn't have known it would happen but that just proves my point how dumb/irresponsible MC's actions are.
6) Sneaking around the facility was probably the dumbest shit of all. If he gets caught, he could miss the rendezvous. He might be searched (he has a phone from the future with pictures of stolen documents in it) and could possibly end up in jail.

I don't think the MC realizes how big of an impact his actions can have, even if they seem successful or innocuous.

And yes, we don't really know how time travel works in this game, so maybe all of this has to happen because it's already happened and it's required to happen again so the MC can travel back to 1999 from 2019 (see 3c above), thus making my complains pointless...
Honestly I think you're kinda falling into the trap of expecting the MC to act like you would act and have perfect reasoning in the face of a chance to save his dad and aunt. Most people don't act with perfect reasoning when it comes to extraordinary circumstances and especially when it comes to loved ones.I don't disagree with much of what you're saying but there are plenty of people who would throw caution and other lives to the wind if it meant saving someone they loved. And also, it wouldn't be much of a time travel story if he didn't change things either on accident or on purpose.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Honestly I think you're kinda falling into the trap of expecting the MC to act like you would act and have perfect reasoning in the face of a chance to save his dad and aunt. Most people don't act with perfect reasoning when it comes to extraordinary circumstances and especially when it comes to loved ones.I don't disagree with much of what you're saying but there are plenty of people who would throw caution and other lives to the wind if it meant saving someone they loved. And also, it wouldn't be much of a time travel story if he didn't change things either on accident or on purpose.
Or, to be more accurate, act like they THINK they would act ...

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
If you could go back to 1980 and wouldn't buy Apple, Microsoft and Disney stock (for starters) you're just dumb.
I would have been 13/14 then, and didn't start thinking in those terms until I was about 16 (when I won a stock picking game in one of my HS classes, played over the course of a six-week grading period). Also, neither me nor my parents had any kind of an investment account at the time (and, frankly, with three kids and on the salaries of a cop and a secretary, we wouldn't have had funds to invest to begin with). The comment made here was also referring to 2004 - a point in time at which I did have investment accounts and funds to move around and play with - and I could probably still remember my passwords/codewords to make trades. Further, I assume the poster was applying Ripples' 20 year limit, so I don't think 1980 would be in the cards. ;)

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Haven't played this in a long time. Do we get to slide into Darcy yet? Probably the most important question on this site if I'm being honest.
If you count "fingerbanging and licking her to orgasm fully clothed while practicing MC's fighting skills" as well the answer is yes.

The last updates sort of were characterization and more or less preparation for the story to really kick of.
I guess in chapter 7 we fully get to fuck little miss ninja as MC is going with her to the past to save her mom.

Reactions: Soulpuppet

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
If you count "fingerbanging and licking her to orgasm fully clothed while practicing MC's fighting skills" as well the answer is yes.

The last updates sort of were characterization and more or less preparation for the story to really kick of.
I guess in chapter 7 we fully get to fuck little miss ninja as MC is going with her to the past to save her mom.
Thanks for the info. No I don't consider that sliding in her. She is the first girl and seems like she's going to be one of the last to get the D. Disappointing. Thanks again for getting me up to speed. (y)

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Honestly, Jessica is the most pointless character in terms of picking between her or Skylar.
I chose Jessica over Skylar.

It was not a choice to go no contact with Skylar, just to hold off on pursuing a more romantic relationship at the time.

My MC chose family first (It was, for me, a matter of roleplaying the situation - do I pick my only sister or do I pick one of her friends).

I also felt vindicated in that decision when Skylar later went no contact with me due to the influence of her mother Luna - and she gave me no chance to find out why.

When Skylar returned from being 'away' - I enjoyed our conversation and subsequent date even though it now seems like Sklyar is keeping secrets (and, OC, we know the MC has strong reasons to keep secrets as well).

Outside the AVN, Jestur has said that there will be a way to renew the romantic relationship with Sklyar down the road.

Inside Ripples, the MC is an 18-year-old guy who is suddenly being noticed by, and noticing, a variety of hot women.

Skylar is just one of them and, avoiding drama at home to continue to enjoy the variety of women who are now interested in him still feels like a good call to me. (y)

The Jessica encounters of the last episode were Very hot (and yes - I've read that the Skylar lovemaking following the date was also very well done).

The Jessica path will take longer to match the romantic tone and emotions that the current Skylar choice would but, regardless of the MC's desires, Jessica (and Tiffany) have to overcome a great deal more than the other women due to their relationship status with the MC.

I think that Jestur is doing a good job showing this 'angst' as the story advances (we get much more Tiffany introspection than we do from Jessica, but I am hoping for an increase in Jessice introspection on her path).

So, I am looking forward to more time with Jessica and, when she is more secure in her relationship with the MC, renewing the romantic relationship with Skylar.

One of the aspects of Ripples that I really enjoy is how Compelling our different relationship choices are.

Whether one is a Skylar first or a Jessica first MC, both characters are interesting, increasingly well-developed and beautiful.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Last edited:

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Thanks for the info. No I don't consider that sliding in her. She is the first girl and seems like she's going to be one of the last to get the D. Disappointing. Thanks again for getting me up to speed. (y)
Well ... technically she was the very first in the game to get the D. :LOL:

She does want to get fucked by MC but won't tell him so. For reasons only Darci understands ...
And MC himself is ... too socially stupid to notice it himself. She telegraphs that she wants to be fucked long and hard but MC is still basically in "I don't want to ruin my relationship to Darci by going to fast!" mode.

This sexual tension between them is kind of a story point for Darci.
Meaning when it finally happens it is likely Darci temporarily knocks him out, ties him naked on a bed and wakes him up with screams of extasy while jumping on his dick.

• Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor
4.80 star(s) 293 Votes