Float_Fish

May 11, 2022
For those that have wanted animations for scenes in the game, there is a public post on my patreon with the details on the state of being able to add them into the game.

Also, not mentioned in the patreon post, but for people that have wanted sex sounds and moans, I did find sex sounds to use in the game. Once I find moans I can use, I'll start adding those two things into the game.
The animations good, given it is an early attempt with a PC that is barely able to handle it before it starts dying on you, one criticism is that the animation has a mild jitter when looping, you should make sure that the beginning and "end poses" of a looping animation are the exact same. I'm taking Game Design in my college, and one of the first things that was taught when working in the animation course is to have the same frame at the end as you do at the start when working on a looping animation, it is easy to forget, but it makes a surprising difference to the feel of an animation when the jitter of the animation going back to start is cleared up by already having the start at the end of the animation, as having the "end poses" of an animation being a default position will make it easier to transition to another animation if it has the same "end poses", regardless of going from one looping animation to another (like for going from one position to another during the scenes), or to a one time animation (like for going from a standing pose to an attacking pose in a fighting games). An easy animation tip is having a few "key poses" in the animation you want it to be at, and work to smooth out the animation path to said pose; an easy example is a walking animation, the feet are moving in circularly motion from each other at an 180 degree offset, and you move the feet in 90 degree increments for each pose, leading you to have 5 "key poses" in the animation (5 is generally a good number of "key poses" to have for an animation, 2 of which are the "end poses" that would be copies of each other), making sure that the rest of the model is appropriately adjusted to each of these poses (you can save and close the software at this point if you're PC starts overheating, or you are getting tire as you have made the most important step), at which point you just need to smooth it out so that you don't have any clipping on its way from pose to pose (this is the simplest of the steps as the "key poses" in the animation have already locked what the over arching motion is going to be). A good cheat when animating the same scene is just to decrease/increase the iterations/time on the animation and make subtle changes to change the intensity of animation, if you are going from one animation to another animation that has a different "end poses" to the prior, copy the "end poses" from both animations to a new transition animation that way you will only need to make minor adjustments, and/or even a key point, to make the animation, this animation only needs to fire once for the transition, so it doesn't need to be that long or detailed amount of poses.

While personally CG models are better in motion, I feel that you shouldn't sacrifice unnecessary amounts time to get animations working, if working the animations is severely impacting your work load/time, you don't have to do all that work if you don't need to do it at the time, the stills work well enough as placeholders if you are going to make it animated in the future, you could work on the animations for updates that are not going to be that big of a change to the story/gameplay, such as bug fixes. Just try not to kill your PC in the process of doing the animations.

Umarius

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
The animations good, given it is an early attempt with a PC that is barely able to handle it before it starts dying on you, one criticism is that the animation has a mild jitter when looping, you should make sure that the beginning and "end poses" of a looping animation are the exact same. I'm taking Game Design in my college, and one of the first things that was taught when working in the animation course is to have the same frame at the end as you do at the start when working on a looping animation, it is easy to forget, but it makes a surprising difference to the feel of an animation when the jitter of the animation going back to start is cleared up by already having the start at the end of the animation, as having the "end poses" of an animation being a default position will make it easier to transition to another animation if it has the same "end poses", regardless of going from one looping animation to another (like for going from one position to another during the scenes), or to a one time animation (like for going from a standing pose to an attacking pose in a fighting games). An easy animation tip is having a few "key poses" in the animation you want it to be at, and work to smooth out the animation path to said pose; an easy example is a walking animation, the feet are moving in circularly motion from each other at an 180 degree offset, and you move the feet in 90 degree increments for each pose, leading you to have 5 "key poses" in the animation (5 is generally a good number of "key poses" to have for an animation, 2 of which are the "end poses" that would be copies of each other), making sure that the rest of the model is appropriately adjusted to each of these poses (you can save and close the software at this point if you're PC starts overheating, or you are getting tire as you have made the most important step), at which point you just need to smooth it out so that you don't have any clipping on its way from pose to pose (this is the simplest of the steps as the "key poses" in the animation have already locked what the over arching motion is going to be). A good cheat when animating the same scene is just to decrease/increase the iterations/time on the animation and make subtle changes to change the intensity of animation, if you are going from one animation to another animation that has a different "end poses" to the prior, copy the "end poses" from both animations to a new transition animation that way you will only need to make minor adjustments, and/or even a key point, to make the animation, this animation only needs to fire once for the transition, so it doesn't need to be that long or detailed amount of poses.

While personally CG models are better in motion, I feel that you shouldn't sacrifice unnecessary amounts time to get animations working, if working the animations is severely impacting your work load/time, you don't have to do all that work if you don't need to do it at the time, the stills work well enough as placeholders if you are going to make it animated in the future, you could work on the animations for updates that are not going to be that big of a change to the story/gameplay, such as bug fixes. Just try not to kill your PC in the process of doing the animations.
Thanks for the tips, I'll try to learn what I can from them. Especially when I can have a computer that can handle testing/learning from them for longer periods of time.

Like I said in the post, the animation I made for the post was just to show that it is possible for me to get animations in the game, but I'm going to wait until I don't have to worry about potentially killing my pc before I start animating full scenes for the game.

As for development time taken up from animations, that is something that I will have to wait and see. If I get to a point where I can drop certain obligations by the time I can upgrade my pc, I can focus more time on animations without increasing overall time between updates. If not, I'll see if there is a good compromise between animations and development time, or if there is a clear preference between longer development time for animations, or more consistent updates.

Float_Fish

May 11, 2022
Thanks for the tips, I'll try to learn what I can from them. Especially when I can have a computer that can handle testing/learning from them for longer periods of time.

Like I said in the post, the animation I made for the post was just to show that it is possible for me to get animations in the game, but I'm going to wait until I don't have to worry about potentially killing my pc before I start animating full scenes for the game.

As for development time taken up from animations, that is something that I will have to wait and see. If I get to a point where I can drop certain obligations by the time I can upgrade my pc, I can focus more time on animations without increasing overall time between updates. If not, I'll see if there is a good compromise between animations and development time, or if there is a clear preference between longer development time for animations, or more consistent updates.
That is no problem, take the time you need. Considering what you have made so far with the CG models, it is impressive work to say the least (I've seen CG models that are so bad, even by groups that have way too much money to throw around, that the uncanny valley is all I can see throughout the finish product), even if having the stills means we can see the innate imperfections that come with working with CG models (the coloration personally feels off, can't say how exactly, and there are points of intersection between models that can only clip through each other rather than forming around each other, i.e. paizuri's have the dick clipping between the boobs, instead of the boobs forming around the dick).

Reactions: Lewdsadist

NewAssInTown

May 27, 2023
Game just doesn't launch. Process shows up for a second and then disappears. No errors, no nothing.

Windows version.

I totally understand that just by message it's impossible to say why, but... should there be logs somewhere that I could attach or smth?

Reactions: wanset

Umarius

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
Game just doesn't launch. Process shows up for a second and then disappears. No errors, no nothing.

Windows version.

I totally understand that just by message it's impossible to say why, but... should there be logs somewhere that I could attach or smth?
There are two common problems that might cause this.

The first, is that your version of windows isn't compatible with it. Try right clicking the game.exe, and click on properties. On compatibility mode, try setting it to the version of windows you are using, or a different version.

A second problem that has been discussed in this thread a few times, is your antivirus. RPG Maker games sometimes cause a false positive on antivirus scans, so check and see if your antivirus is flagging it, and blocking you from opening it.

Float_Fish

May 11, 2022
Just a suggestion, but it would give us a better idea of how much Misaki stands out as the new Succubus Queen if we have a better visual of what the "mook" Succubus looked like considering we only have the stock sprites and portraits to go by, even if you just do copy and paste, with mild differences in pallets could help smooth out some of our concerns about making the first three into Succubi, especially since personally Misaki's Succubus design doesn't feel like she is of such a powerful position as the Succubus Queen, maybe a high rank Succubus, but not the Queen. Misaki's design almost feels like it would fit with any Succubus, even though as the supposed Succubus Queen she should have a presence that should be turning heads even in comparison to the other high rank Succubus, and no a tiara isn't enough to make her stand out as such a high ranking individual, if anything it feels kind of weak that "that" is the only thing that would visually distinguish her from any other garden variety Succubus. I'm not trying to say to redesign Misaki's Succubus form, but we aren't exactly confident about how well the other two will turn out when they are turned into Succubus, especially if you just turn them into additional Succubus Queens (it will kind of feel like a cough out if you do). You can keep the current outfit as the base layer of her outfit, but adding some additional garb, like an open/translucent front cut dress (to make a grand show of the assets, while keeping enough hidden to make those that see want to keep looking for more) and a flowing pelerine or similar cloak (similar to the dress, but also to sell her high standing as the Succubus Queen), would help flesh out Misaki's Succubus Queen design and sell that she is the ruler of the Succubus. For Yukako as she appears to be a priestess, have the outer garb be a sacrilegious perversion of nun or other holy garb, possibly even a black/cracked halo, as a mockery to the Divines as she changes her object of worship. For Rina it would be a simple act of putting armor plating and a flowing cape to invoke her proud warrior roots, while having the exposure be at just the right places to bring attention and desire her way.

Umarius

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
Just a suggestion, but it would give us a better idea of how much Misaki stands out as the new Succubus Queen if we have a better visual of what the "mook" Succubus looked like considering we only have the stock sprites and portraits to go by, even if you just do copy and paste, with mild differences in pallets could help smooth out some of our concerns about making the first three into Succubi, especially since personally Misaki's Succubus design doesn't feel like she is of such a powerful position as the Succubus Queen, maybe a high rank Succubus, but not the Queen. Misaki's design almost feels like it would fit with any Succubus, even though as the supposed Succubus Queen she should have a presence that should be turning heads even in comparison to the other high rank Succubus, and no a tiara isn't enough to make her stand out as such a high ranking individual, if anything it feels kind of weak that "that" is the only thing that would visually distinguish her from any other garden variety Succubus. I'm not trying to say to redesign Misaki's Succubus form, but we aren't exactly confident about how well the other two will turn out when they are turned into Succubus, especially if you just turn them into additional Succubus Queens (it will kind of feel like a cough out if you do). You can keep the current outfit as the base layer of her outfit, but adding some additional garb, like an open/translucent front cut dress (to make a grand show of the assets, while keeping enough hidden to make those that see want to keep looking for more) and a flowing pelerine or similar cloak (similar to the dress, but also to sell her high standing as the Succubus Queen), would help flesh out Misaki's Succubus Queen design and sell that she is the ruler of the Succubus. For Yukako as she appears to be a priestess, have the outer garb be a sacrilegious perversion of nun or other holy garb, possibly even a black/cracked halo, as a mockery to the Divines as she changes her object of worship. For Rina it would be a simple act of putting armor plating and a flowing cape to invoke her proud warrior roots, while having the exposure be at just the right places to bring attention and desire her way.
I doubt I'll change too much, if anything about Misaki's design. I might consider showing more detail for the generic succubae you can interact with, since it does sound like a good idea to show the difference between Misaki, and the succubus forms of future girls in the harem, and a generic succubus. Although that might wait until a future update. The corrupted succubus form of Yukako, Rina, and three other not yet introduced characters have been made for months, and an additional three have been half done for a while, so I already have the next several forms mostly ready. Yukako's will need to be remade to better match with the others however, and the rest need some texture fixes here and there. So there will be a chance for me to revisit them, and make them fit better for their characters if needed.

The biggest problem I can see from your suggestions, are the clothing and accessory assets I can use. Many of the clothing assets I can use, and can be altered to fit with my designs, were made for specific body types that are not the body types I use. When trying to use them, they often wrap around the body (particularly the breasts) strange, and end up making the body, and clothes look worse. This is why I use bodysuits primarily. There is more freedom in what I can make, and I mostly don't have to worry about the clothes not working with the body. The accessory slots is where a lot of the individual armor plates and halo item you mentioned would be used. I do have more luck in finding compatible items in there, but even that has problems with textures not being able to be easily edited on some items, and the lighting working completely different on them, making them stand out too much from the rest of the outfit.

There is the option of making custom 3d outfits in a separate program, and adding them in like that. This would be the best option to make original outfits specifically for the models, and would honestly lead to better designs than what I currently have. I would even be willing to spend time in an update to remake all of Misaki's succubus images with the updated outfit if I could do this. However, this requires skills I don't have the time to learn, or paying someone to design, and make them for me, which I also can't do at the moment.

I understand wanting more out of the designs. I draw the textures for the post-corruption bodysuits myself, and I'm not the best designer/artist, so I can see how they might seem lacking at times. I'll consider making some adjustments to what is already there for the existing designs of corrupted versions of characters as those versions are introduced. My priority while editing them, and making more designs in the future will be to make designs I like, that also fit with the aesthetic and general feel of the other characters.

You, and a lot of other people here make good points and suggestions in your posts. Unfortunately, at this stage of development, a lot of my answers have been along the lines of "I'll see what I can do when I get there". Hopefully, by the end of development, I'll have the tools and skills to actually be able to bring a lot of the ideas and to bring the vision I have for this game to reality.

Last edited:

Umarius

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
I don't remember if you said anything about it, but what program are you using for making the models?
The first three characters were made in Koikatsu, and then imported to Koikatsu Sunshine. Every other character has been made entirely in Koikatsu Sunshine.

Reactions: vilewe7570

Kurumi Worshipper

May 6, 2022
The Gofile Linux link points to the windows version.

As the the actual game: Overall I have to say that while it's pretty noticable that the CGs are Koikatsu or similar exports they look comparably pretty good for that. Most cases of reusing Koikatsu Models end up looking a lot cheaper imo.

Gameplay wise, the combat is really nothing interesting and it kind of feels like it's just there. Without any real reason. Also Bind as a status seems just completely broken since it seems to always hit and you just get to stunlock every boss until they die.

I did really enjoy the corruption scenes though and post-corruption Misaki is pretty fun in the few story segments after. Like when you sick her at the Monster Village boss instead of doing it yourself. On the other hand when you decide to have just your minions take the Village you just skip through it all basically. Would be nice to similary see them do things rather then just skipping over a segment.

I'm curious how large you want to grow the Harem in the future and what that means for focusing on the cast? The larger you end up making it the less individual time anyone gets. And they just end up just another fancy CG rather than someone you care for. Similarly I'm curious how the Harem structure will go. Will Misaki be always at the top? Are there any plans for letting us play favorites between them post-corruption or otherwise decide on a dynamic?

Umarius

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
The Gofile Linux link points to the windows version.

As the the actual game: Overall I have to say that while it's pretty noticable that the CGs are Koikatsu or similar exports they look comparably pretty good for that. Most cases of reusing Koikatsu Models end up looking a lot cheaper imo.

Gameplay wise, the combat is really nothing interesting and it kind of feels like it's just there. Without any real reason. Also Bind as a status seems just completely broken since it seems to always hit and you just get to stunlock every boss until they die.

I did really enjoy the corruption scenes though and post-corruption Misaki is pretty fun in the few story segments after. Like when you sick her at the Monster Village boss instead of doing it yourself. On the other hand when you decide to have just your minions take the Village you just skip through it all basically. Would be nice to similary see them do things rather then just skipping over a segment.

I'm curious how large you want to grow the Harem in the future and what that means for focusing on the cast? The larger you end up making it the less individual time anyone gets. And they just end up just another fancy CG rather than someone you care for. Similarly I'm curious how the Harem structure will go. Will Misaki be always at the top? Are there any plans for letting us play favorites between them post-corruption or otherwise decide on a dynamic?
Gofile link went to a single page with all versions on it. Mac and Linux versions were automatically deleted due to no one downloading them for a while. Replacement files should be up soon.

I've mentioned a few times before in this thread, but combat is mostly there for the story. There will be a few balance changes in the next update, and will continue to be tweaked as the game develops. When it comes to seeing your minions taking villages, I'm not against adding in the option, but it is not a priority at the moment.

I can understand your concerns about the harem growing too large, and causing some harem members to be lost in the crowd, and might not seem like they have a purpose. I can say that I do have a specific personality/role determined for nearly all harem members yet to be introduced. I also have a final objective/questline prepared for when after all harem members have been fully corrupted, and the personal quests/objectives for each harem member will also be in the game. There will be plenty of time and opportunity for me to give time to each of the girls as the game goes on, and to explore the relationships and dynamics that form between them. Misaki will likely stay at the top, but the exact future structure will be determined once more fully corrupted girls are in the harem.

Float_Fish

May 11, 2022
The first three characters were made in Koikatsu, and then imported to Koikatsu Sunshine. Every other character has been made entirely in Koikatsu Sunshine.
I don't know if I got the right program, but Koikatsu Sunshine seams more like a scene animator game, than a decent modelling and animation program, which might be why I felt the models were off, because the seaming uniform nature of the models left a feeling of lower quality compared to other programs that are specialized in modelling and animations (though I could just be coming across as a snob for going through the effort of modelling, texturing, and animating from my Game Design courses). If you can get a good enough setup with your PC to not die from a Saturday night breeze, I would suggest either Daz Studio or Character Creator 4, or CC4 for short (Blender is also an option), as they are easy to get programs and have in depth tutorials that you can follow step by step, the only downside for the CC4 is that it seams to be subscription based program (though you can make use of the trial version). I'm just looking through them now to hopefully get a better idea of the two programs, and maybe give you some example files of what the finished models would look like in those programs. Don't take it personal as I genuinely want to give you as much support as I can as a free player to help you make this the best you can make it (I don't care to be payed for my support or not, for something that I truly want to support).

On the subject of the PC. Is yours a laptop or a box (like a tower PC)? If it is a laptop than I can understand the hardship of getting a better PC. If it is a box, than you can easily replace the parts; Processing can be fixed with a better graphics card (you could "cheap out" to over $400 minimum), new/more RAM (around $100 per stick), and/or new CPU (this can vary wildly price, so I'm not going to bother estimating) especially since the CPU can be a bottle neck for processing. All of the above three parts should be mainly judged by their processing speed measured in Hertz, currently in the GHz range, followed by judging them by their prices. Cooling system (fan or liquid), can range from around $200 (for fans) to around $800 (highest price for liquid I've found), that being said the main focus should CFM (for how much air the fan moves around) and the dB (for how loud it can be at speed). Hopefully having a power supply that can power it all (measured in Watts). Of course you should make sure that motherboard can support the parts you've ordered, no point wasting precious funds if it is just going to be collecting dust. If you already understand this, than this paragraph can be ignored (reference prices were estimated from Best Buy's).

Umarius

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
I don't know if I got the right program, but Koikatsu Sunshine seams more like a scene animator game, than a decent modelling and animation program, which might be why I felt the models were off, because the seaming uniform nature of the models left a feeling of lower quality compared to other programs that are specialized in modelling and animations (though I could just be coming across as a snob for going through the effort of modelling, texturing, and animating from my Game Design courses). If you can get a good enough setup with your PC to not die from a Saturday night breeze, I would suggest either Daz Studio or Character Creator 4, or CC4 for short (Blender is also an option), as they are easy to get programs and have in depth tutorials that you can follow step by step, the only downside for the CC4 is that it seams to be subscription based program (though you can make use of the trial version). I'm just looking through them now to hopefully get a better idea of the two programs, and maybe give you some example files of what the finished models would look like in those programs. Don't take it personal as I genuinely want to give you as much support as I can as a free player to help you make this the best you can make it (I don't care to be payed for my support or not, for something that I truly want to support).

On the subject of the PC. Is yours a laptop or a box (like a tower PC)? If it is a laptop than I can understand the hardship of getting a better PC. If it is a box, than you can easily replace the parts; Processing can be fixed with a better graphics card (you could "cheap out" to over $400 minimum), new/more RAM (around $100 per stick), and/or new CPU (this can vary wildly price, so I'm not going to bother estimating) especially since the CPU can be a bottle neck for processing. All of the above three parts should be mainly judged by their processing speed measured in Hertz, currently in the GHz range, followed by judging them by their prices. Cooling system (fan or liquid), can range from around $200 (for fans) to around $800 (highest price for liquid I've found), that being said the main focus should CFM (for how much air the fan moves around) and the dB (for how loud it can be at speed). Hopefully having a power supply that can power it all (measured in Watts). Of course you should make sure that motherboard can support the parts you've ordered, no point wasting precious funds if it is just going to be collecting dust. If you already understand this, than this paragraph can be ignored (reference prices were estimated from Best Buy's).
I am aware of the limitations in, and workarounds needed for Koikatsu/koikatsu sunshine when compared to other programs for developing a game like this. I did experiment with daz and blender in the past, before even creating this game, but I decided not to use them. Never heard of CC4 though. I'll look into it when I have the time. I might reconsider using them for a future game, but for now, and for this game, I'll probably stick with using Koikatsu Sunshine.

I use a laptop. I already know the specs I would need for a replacement able to do what I would need with no issue, and potentially use other programs for a future game(s). It's just a matter of when I can get a replacement. No one should worry about my current computer dying and stopping development however. The one I currently have should more than long enough until I can replace it with a better one.

Last edited:

TheMaster

Jun 12, 2017
So, i lead my troops in telind and i did yukako's event there and still can't threaten the shopkeeper, did i miss something else ?

Umarius

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
So, i lead my troops in telind and i did yukako's event there and still can't threaten the shopkeeper, did i miss something else ?
That's a bug, Yukako's event doesn't give the compliance point like it was supposed to. It will be fixed in the next version. Just keep a save from before doing Yukako's event in the village, and load it in the next version.

Umarius

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
Where is this banker I keep hearing about, I can't seem to find him.
In Vlester's commercial district, the building with the green roof is the bank. The banker is the one on the left side of the counter.

3.90 star(s) 34 Votes