Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
So after playing through a fair chunk of the game (hope to finish latter tonight after work) I definitely think this was worthy of a download, and plan to put up a much more detailed review of my thoughts on that when I'm done. But I will say this now:

This game, perhaps more then any other I've ever downloaded here, might as well serve as the poster child warning example to other game developers on how you can get so much right....and still have the game end up tripping over itself with a too try hard to chase the "this guy has posted the same extreme want/need in 1000x other threads here - so obviously this concept aspect needs to be thrown in and emphasized" approach going in to the writing effort, and which as a total whole just serves to muddy the overall storyline presentation down to such a eyeroll and overly done level to the outside that extremist perspective that it ultimately just serves to help bury what otherwise should have been a can't miss and universal appeal 5 star showing on the production value side.

Simply put, there is too much storyline stuff going on that completely conflicts with each other, and which combined with the decision to basically write in a lot of those female characters as mindless beyond their complete and utter obsession with the MC sex bots didn't do your game any favors in relationship to making the playthrough be memorable or stand out as anything "different" or special.

Guessing you'd been a lot better off just dropping the mafia stuff altogether and swaying more to the "I'll just make a strictly KISS incest game with great production value behind it" approach. Trying to do too much at once with this one imo, and that is a lot harder to pull off successfully.

Last edited:

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
So after playing through a fair chunk of the game (hope to finish latter tonight after work) I definitely think this was worthy of a download, and plan to put up a much more detailed review of my thoughts on that when I'm done. But I will say this now:

This game, perhaps more then any other I've ever downloaded here, might as well serve as the poster child warning example to other game developers on how you can get so much right....and still have the game end up tripping over itself with a too try hard to chase the "this guy has posted the same extreme want/need in 1000x other threads here - so obviously this concept aspect needs to be thrown in and emphasized" approach going in to the writing effort, and which as a total whole just serves to muddy the overall storyline presentation down to such a eyeroll and overly done level to the outside that extremist perspective that it ultimately just serves to help bury what otherwise should have been a can't miss and universal appeal 5 star showing on the production value side.

Simply put, there is too much storyline stuff going on that completely conflicts with each other, and the decision to basically write in a lot of those female characters as mindless beyond their complete and utter obsession with the MC sex bots didn't do your game any favors in relationship to making the playthrough be memorable or stand out as anything "different" or special.
If you think it’s a mess now you should have seen it two years ago when I was really new. The most important thing I can say is if you are playing the VN mode and it is your first time, don’t ignore any of the characters. That is when the storyline really gets blurry. I think I will put a block on the choices to ignore characters if it is a persons first time playing.
Also, even though this is an indie game, I’m from the US and I’m black. So there may be cultural differences in the way you and I have relationships. Being adopted by two members of the same sex is not uncommon here.
Anyways, I anxiously await your review. As always, if there is relevant information in it I will make the appropriate changes. But if your going to say I’m high on glue because I didn’t create a game where the MC has his dick down his mother throat then I’ll block you like I did the last guy and keep it moving.

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
If you think it’s a mess now you should have seen it two years ago when I was really new. The most important thing I can say is if you are playing the VN mode and it is your first time, don’t ignore any of the characters. That is when the storyline really gets blurry. I think I will put a block on the choices to ignore characters if it is a persons first time playing.
Also, even though this is an indie game, I’m from the US and I’m black. So there may be cultural differences in the way you and I have relationships. Being adopted by two members of the same sex is not uncommon here.
Anyways, I anxiously await your review. As always, if there is relevant information in it I will make the appropriate changes. But if your going to say I’m high on glue because I didn’t create a game where the MC has his dick down his mother throat then I’ll block you like I did the last guy and keep it moving.
I play in sandbox, as even if you didn't do a great job of eliminating any real concerning reason why somebody shouldn't want to play in sandbox, I'll still always typically prefer it since unlike straight straight VN it essentially gives me the option to be more selectively focused with my more desired girl progression.

I'm also from the US, and although being white don't see that factoring in to any cultural difference issues in regards to relationship dynamics I'd otherwise expect out of the typical foreign based dev. Aka: I suspect if either us asked the people surrounding us, we'd find very few who relate all that well on a personal level to middle eastern or asian based relationship concepts, much less have ever spoken the word "harem" within a sentence in their life ;)

And I never said the game came across as a "mess". Or that I saw any issue with the 2 adopted mothers angle for that matter. I just feel that you essentially shot yourself and the game in the foot when you seemingly went *WAY* out of your way to write the game's 2 primary LI in as mindless sex bots, and which come across specially designed and wrote with an aim to please that extremist subsection of posters on this board who break out into cold sweat panic or rant feedback any time a dev tries to stray away from that "her world revolves around me!" character model. Which I'm guessing by now you've learned/realized, and similar to your initial decision to try and push a primarily black themed game...that vocal applause you might of 'won" out of them by doing that rarely ends up in any actual support here. All you essentially did there was feed the forum locusts, and left the rest of the non cold sweats crowd downloading/playing your game with about 200 more lines of cringy "pet that insecurity complex" text they don't tend to view or appreciate in quite the same manner (example: that approach basically destroyed what should of been a homerun scene at the end of the Lana 10 day stretch, since by the time it happened you had already watered down and sucked the life out of any real emotional energy there with the endless previous "don't worry you players freaking out about her having a boyfriend" reminders at just how much she loves/wants/worships the MC in between talking about Johnnie).

That, and like I implied the bad ass mafia guy + incest combination angle just isn't working here imo. Which I get it...within that you are just chasing individual fetishes and hopeful patreon donations for doing so. But again, by pleasing that extremist guy out there who is actually lubing up to that scene where your MC is laying in bed with "mommy" and busting one out to him calling her such while getting a BJ....I'm guessing a whole lot more of us US folks (who are going to play through the scene regardless of an option given since the mom model is hot) are checking out of any possibility at taking your peanut butter and ham sandwich story presentation seriously there. I know I did. That the rest of the incest is of the day 1 lovey dovey "I been in love with you my whole life" variety, which commonly makes the mistake of not actually creating any real "taboo" appeal notes when the sex scenes do come, isn't helping either.

All in all don't take that criticism wrong though, and I still think it's a very worthwhile download game to play. Packed with content too as I still didn't even finish it last night (hoping I didn't lock myself out of any future Becky content though by buying the final laptop from her btw, since she is one of the more interesting characters to me just based on the initial resistance factor). I'll play through the rest tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robbery1211

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
So yeah, anybody wanna offer a tip on how I can get that Becky H scene to trigger listed in the latest update log? ;)

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
So yeah, anybody wanna offer a tip on how I can get that Becky H scene to trigger listed in the latest update log? ;)
To see beckys scene you have to talk to her about buying the 3rd and 4th laptop but still buy from Cathy. Or you can press the update button at the main menu.

Reactions: Venoma

alexw14615

Oct 15, 2018
I love this game which is obvious by my sig. But my god the save system and everything else makes the game unplayable. First it was sandbox then a VN. Man fix this shit. I go to the VN to see the new stuff and its replaying stuff ive already done. Tikkoya supposedly has a new or fixed scene, I cant get to it. My old saves dont work they just kick me out. Bro start over and do it right; you have the talent and nobody does fuck scenes and cumshots better than you. And use the black kid again...that was dope and fresh for these type of games.

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
I love this game which is obvious by my sig. But my god the save system and everything else makes the game unplayable. First it was sandbox then a VN. Man fix this shit. I go to the VN to see the new stuff and its replaying stuff ive already done. Tikkoya supposedly has a new or fixed scene, I cant get to it. My old saves dont work they just kick me out. Bro start over and do it right; you have the talent and nobody does fuck scenes and cumshots better than you. And use the black kid again...that was dope and fresh for these type of games.
I think you are upset because you don’t understand how my releases work and other aspects of the game. If it is not an A version as in 7A, 8A, etc... then the story generally doesn’t advance. So 7C, for example, either includes redos of old scenes or the addition of more scenes that are either coming soon or not finished at first due to time restraints.

I included an update button at the main menu so that you don’t have to start over to see the changes that were made in the current update. If you can’t see the updates button there isn’t much else I have to say.

Finally, can’t you just go to the gallery and see Tikkoyas scene since you have already seen it? There are two galleries that function independently of one another. There is a gallery in sandbox that you get to from your cell phone that relies on your save only. If you past that part based on your save then the scene will be in the gallery. The other gallery is at the main menu. That gallery is based solely on whether you have seen the scene or not in the game. Even if you loaded a 100 percent completed save it still won’t affect that gallery.

Last edited:

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
I’ll tell you a great thing! I started to replay and discovered a lot of new things. I would say not a disposable toy. The question is about the photos that need to be found, who knows where to look for them? The map displays what should be, but I could not find everything .. or rather, almost everything I could not.

alexw14615

Oct 15, 2018
I think you are upset because you don’t understand how my releases work and other aspects of the game. If it is not an A version as in 7A, 8A, etc... then the story generally doesn’t advance. So 7C, for example, either includes redos of old scenes or the addition of more scenes that are either coming soon or not finished at first due to time restraints.

I included an update button at the main menu so that you don’t have to start over to see the changes that were made in the current update. If you can’t see the updates button there isn’t much else I have to say.

Finally, can’t you just go to the gallery and see Tikkoyas scene since you have already seen it? There are two galleries that function independently of one another. There is a gallery in sandbox that you get to from your cell phone that relies on your save only. If you past that part based on your save then the scene will be in the gallery. The other gallery is at the main menu. That gallery is based solely on whether you have seen the scene or not in the game. Even if you loaded a 100 percent completed save it still won’t affect that gallery.
and that is where the problem lies nobody understands how you update this shit but you. I've been your biggest supporter but you need to listen to constructive criticism. Right now you totally need to fix the save system.

Sep 2, 2020
Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.AACC

file: C:\Games\New folder\ROCKING_ROBIN-v.7c.1-pc\ROCKING_ROBIN-32.exe

I just got this from windows defender...
Wether its a false alarm or not as of course that statement will come ...
Its an issue and should be looked into and sorted out.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Trojan:Win32/Ymacco.AACC

file: C:\Games\New folder\ROCKING_ROBIN-v.7c.1-pc\ROCKING_ROBIN-32.exe

I just got this from windows defender...
Wether its a false alarm or not as of course that statement will come ...
Its an issue and should be looked into and sorted out.
1. it's false positive
2. won't be fixed until either a. dev starts to use newer renpy or b. malware scanners start to understand it's not malware

Sep 2, 2020
1. it's false positive
2. won't be fixed until either a. dev starts to use newer renpy or b. malware scanners start to understand it's not malware
THe problem with the false positive is tho that if you dont use a virtual machine of some sort and therefor dont care about any risk you still be an idiot to execute this.
Not all positives are false positives and some nice guy on some pirate site declraing it as a false pos. isnt really a trustworthy source in matters like this.

And i kinda doubt microsoft will have big interest in fixing this asap so i think this is in devs hand.

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
THe problem with the false positive is tho that if you dont use a virtual machine of some sort and therefor dont care about any risk you still be an idiot to execute this.
Not all positives are false positives and some nice guy on some pirate site declraing it as a false pos. isnt really a trustworthy source in matters like this.

And i kinda doubt microsoft will have big interest in fixing this asap so i think this is in devs hand.
96BD3638-65BF-4303-B7E2-00A3005CA3D5.jpeg

Reactions: UndercoverLover

fangrew

May 20, 2017
wait i'm kind of confused. reading the thread there's supposed to be a path where lana is a virgin? i have been playing the game (sandbox) and first time having sex with lana she doesn't mention she was a virgin. She even mentioned earlier that she hasen't had sex with johnny in months (implying she did). Did i mess up somewhere?

Reactions: Nastys

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
wait i'm kind of confused. reading the thread there's supposed to be a path where lana is a virgin? i have been playing the game (sandbox) and first time having sex with lana she doesn't mention she was a virgin. She even mentioned earlier that she hasen't had sex with johnny in months (implying she did). Did i mess up somewhere?
Lana’s virgin path is only on the visual novel side. I have not written much to it and with out many scenes it makes no sense to code it into the sandbox side yet.

4.10 star(s) 68 Votes