Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
I've started a new VN (0.8b) after playing the sandbox (pre 0.7d). I find the story line doesn't seem to connect.
e.g.:
1) MC is supposed to sleep at the penthouse (Heather), but some how i ended crashing at Jason's
2) you're sleeping in your car, get busted by a cop, you see Lana's car in the area. you're supposed to ask her about it later. at this point when you do ask her about she finds out her BF is cheating on her. but in the VN it seems there was a disagreement between her and her BF.
3) at one point MC was talking to Lana, find out she's still a virgin, like MC. a few days later she talks about having sex with her BF a few months before.
the story line is rather confusing after "remake of the rework of the remake".
So if you look at the changelog. I say I’m working on the script. I didn’t lie. But thanks for pointing this out. What else?

• Haha
Reactions: Allan Trumbull

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
So if you look at the changelog. I say I’m working on the script. I didn’t lie. But thanks for pointing this out. What else?
There are lots to list. if you actually played the VN from the beginning, you'll see the story line doesn't really connect

gallanash

Apr 12, 2022
It looks like you started from an old save. This is not recommended. I don't know how many errors you will have after this but I started at the scene.
thanks a lot.I wanna ask that if I dont start an old save,how should I do when I got a new version?

trauts

Aug 12, 2018
Please be through. I will make the proper changes.
have you played in VN from beginning? does the story line make sense to you?
I know as a dev we work in theory, but you also have to test what you code

Last edited:

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
have you played in VN? does the story line make sense to you?
I know as a dev we work in theory, but you also have to test what you code
Most of it, yes. I think the problem is that I add scenes and then forget that the other scene was there. A lot of times I don’t reread the entire game before releasing but I will with this next release

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod next update progress

Ugh...
View attachment 2080471 View attachment 2080475

Okay, typo jokes aside here's where I'm at:
Menu choice ChoiceGuide: Done
HeatherPhoto DynamicGuide: Done
LanaPhoto DynamicGuide: Done
FinePhoto DynamicGuide: Done
LanaTime FreeRoam guide: Done
FineTime FreeRoam guide: Not done
Overall FreeRoam DynamicGuide: Not done

My plan is to release a public update to the mod once I'm done with FineTime... since that seems to be what if fucking up folks the most. The overall FreeRoam guide will likely be put on hold until Robbery sorts all the bugs out. I've done massive AAA project FreeRoam guides on titles you're familiar with but they consume so many hours that it's not worth me wasting them on code that is certain to change (it has to, it's too fucked up to stay the same).

That being said I've only test non-VN modes so some amount of tweaking for the VN mode specifically as the ChoiceGuide's event choice data will certainly be different to a degree. I'll speedrun that when I'm done and add VN-mode specific conditionals as needed (as long as it's not thousands). Speaking of thousands... there's so many variables in this VN (there's over a thousand persistent variables alone which is abnormally fucking huge) that I haven't even honed the stat menu's Event Choices. That's a task for another day.

So, that's where I reckon I'm at... besides enjoying a fine glass of Crown as I work. Regards.
Had a few hours this afternoon to work on this so here's the latest:
Menu choice ChoiceGuide: Done
HeatherPhoto DynamicGuide: Done
LanaPhoto DynamicGuide: Done
FinePhoto DynamicGuide: Done
LanaTime FreeRoam guide: Done
FineTime FreeRoam guide: Done (as far as I can get due to story abruptly halting and buggy code)
Overall FreeRoam DynamicGuide: Not done (will continue once the bugs have been squashed)

Regarding FinesTime event I'm going to give you an "emergency exit" for the helluvit. A savepoint notification is provided to alert you so you can have a stable save file. A bit after that scene (where folks have been getting caught in a code loop) is where I created the exit choice which gives you all the info, warnings, and a way to change your mind before proceeding:
If the player decides to go back all variables are reverted 100% exact and they are placed at the end of the current Zeron event:
RR SM C01c4a.jpg
If the player proceeds to exit then they get an info screen then dropped in the map to have a ball:
RR SM C01c4b.jpg RR SM C01c4c.jpg

I've also moved the Hidden Photo Guide from the gallery to the SanchoCheats screen so it can be accessed while in-game. It has been recoded to function correctly this way and when you're done looking at it you'll return to exactly where you were when you initially accessed the guide (basically a screen toggle within a screen toggle):
RR SM C01c5a.jpg RR SM C01c5b.jpg
I'm speedrunning VN mode to insure those folks have a correct ChoiceGuide that doesn't have the non-VN mode code overlap and tuning that code as I go. This is also giving me the opportunity to flesh out the stat screens with event choice data that's relevant. Once this is done I'm pushing it all out for the mod update.

Regards.

Last edited:

war117

Nov 9, 2017
If there’s one thing I think that needs to be a bit more improvement on is the unlocking ability for the gallery A few things that I can’t unlock primarily because there’s no Way of knowing which day you can do it like that female character that’s in the pharmacy I can’t unlock first two parts of that gallery I can’t unlock the first part of the main characters mail Friend part and the Kelly character unlock the scene in the main characters apartment like I think there should be a thing where countdown of objectives to unlock those things The main character has to meet the set requirements to unlock it but also that should be in the hint system as well

gray234

Jan 29, 2020
How do you get the Lana virgin path on VN mode? Do I have to break up with Robin as soon as I can? This probably have been asked, but I somehow couldn't find the specific answer on the thread. I know VN mode is not yet stable in terms of the cohesion of the story. On one moment you say to Jason that Lana is a virgin then next she's fucking Johnnie.. or was. Maybe I'll try out sandbox mode.. I just really don't like sandbox format games.

Reactions: Ivyxxx

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod next update progress

While finalizing my speedruns in VN mode to insure the dynamic ChoiceGuide didn't have any non-VN mode coding overlap and to populate the stat screen' Event Choices I was ALMOST done... thinking I could release a massive mod update this evening after integrity checks pass BUT... not only is non-VN mode borked (as detailed in previous postings), VN-mode is borked as well and severely at that.

Robbery1211:
You may already know but just in case: VN mode gets completely borked after label momtalksaboutholly is completed. Afterwards you have:
Python:
label vn172:
    call correct_check from _call_correct_check_179
    if dustin_fucked_fine == True:
        $ onlythis_version = True
        $ visualnovel = False   # SanchoNote - because this is forced False (see next note)
        $ day_time = 2
        call finestime_prologue_intro from _call_finestime_prologue_intro_1
        call finestime_prologue from _call_finestime_prologue_1
        $ onlythis_version = False
        $ visualnovel = True  # SanchoNote - this can never happen as neither of the two calls above are returned.
    $ vnovel_172 = True
Which doesn't work due to visualnovel being forced off (see SanchoNotes commented in the code). The code in both the labels you call expect visualnovel to be True so they never return back to label vn172. The result is that VN Mode is exited and never returns back... so FinesTime becomes the Med/Hard style non-VN mode. This is certainly not how you intended since there's absolutely no way at this point any player can ever get to label vn173 nor label hollymyholly.

Make sense?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: cxx and kauthor

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
The intent was to have the player play the sandbox version of Finestime because I have not made a VN version yet. So that part is good. What I missed was in exitfinestumelana I should have added $ visualnovel = True where it says if visualnovel == True or onlythisversion == True:

Last edited:
Reactions: beppe33 and kauthor

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.8b Overhaul)
Rocking Robin - MultiMod Edition (v0.8b)
RR_SM_Cover.jpg
Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )

Changelog:
  • All of it. It's now a full-bore SanchoMod as you've come to expect. Feature details and preview pics are all updated in the mod's post.
  • Designed to be used with "Hard" mode for best experience but it's fully compatible with all difficulty levels.
  • Toggle the MiniStat on and leave it, it will get out of your way when needed (lewd scenes, ect) and come back on it's own. The info dynamically changes depending on the the scenario and/or event that is currently progressing, taking into account all previous choices and known potential outcomes.
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters.

Enjoy and regards,
- Sancho

Last edited:

Allan Trumbull

Forum Fanatic
Sep 10, 2021
Latest patreon post ;

I’ve been creating Rocking Robin for quite a while now but believe it or not I think I am still an amateur coder. I make mistakes. A lot of mistakes. I’m much better at fixing them than actually finding them. With that said, thank you everyone for pointing them out to me. You all are a great help. The good thing is that the real errors didn’t come until nearly the end of this version. That means we have been ironing out the errors in the beginning really good. By the way, if anyone is stuck in Finestime, go to the roof and use the phone.

One thing I really like is constructive criticism. This is my first game and I haven’t played many others so it helps to hear how you believe a game should be and also things that I should add to the game. However, I have never added or removed content with the intent to upset or disrespect anyone. So, there is no need to be rude when providing that criticism.

Bug hunting and fixes has slowed me down just a little but I am still moving at a steady pace. I also want to add one more thing, objectives. If everyone says it, it must be true lol. I am going to try to use them to explain why you are doing certain task. I’m wondering if I want to add them to the phone or to the screen when he sits in the car. Maybe both. I expect this to add an extra week to the release.

BoomDaBoom

Apr 29, 2017
Is anyone else having trouble with Lana's yoga scenes? I get the notification to go see her on Tuesday or Saturday, but every time I head there she's nowhere in sight. I go up to her house, and the text tells me she's probably doing yoga, but still nothing. I'm on chapter 4 so I'm not sure if I might've accidentally skipped it or what?

I'm also confused about the leveling and follower system. I'm at level 9 now and I still only have 1 follower and no talent points. The progress bar has also stopped moving for me.

If anyone has similar problems please just let me know. Apologies in advance if these have been addressed.

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
Is anyone else having trouble with Lana's yoga scenes? I get the notification to go see her on Tuesday or Saturday, but every time I head there she's nowhere in sight. I go up to her house, and the text tells me she's probably doing yoga, but still nothing. I'm on chapter 4 so I'm not sure if I might've accidentally skipped it or what?

I'm also confused about the leveling and follower system. I'm at level 9 now and I still only have 1 follower and no talent points. The progress bar has also stopped moving for me.

If anyone has similar problems please just let me know. Apologies in advance if these have been addressed.
Please share your save

Reactions: BoomDaBoom
4.10 star(s) 68 Votes