dahobo

Jul 24, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive DUSTIN_GAME/calls/heather_call.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Users/littlesthobo/Desktop/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Users/littlesthobo/Desktop/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/main.py", line 369, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "/Users/littlesthobo/Desktop/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/script.py", line 266, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "/Users/littlesthobo/Desktop/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/script.py", line 681, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))

Darwin-18.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491

Sun Jul 14 10:04:23 2019

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/Users/littlesthobo/Desktop/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/Users/littlesthobo/Desktop/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/main.py", line 369, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "/Users/littlesthobo/Desktop/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/script.py", line 266, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "/Users/littlesthobo/Desktop/renpy-7.2.2-sdk/renpy/script.py", line 681, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))

Darwin-18.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491

Sun Jul 14 10:04:23 2019
What where you trying to do when this happened?

Reactions: Canto Forte

Arassei

May 28, 2019
I read posts on this forum for see if I could enjoy this game but it's seems there are a lot of nonsens and the story seems weird; seems uselessly complicated, and it's seems the MC is a beta.
Hmm... I don't know.
Maybe in the futur.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
But ... see...here is what you are missing;)!
" you can collect all in sandbox and she'll be really grateful, culminating in the shower scene. "
"that Heather scene made me change my mind. And thank god for it, because it was amazing, I didn't know she was that wild. Amazing update, the new characters and plot looks very promising."

Here.

I was about to play the VN version since I usually like it more, but hearing about that Heather scene made me change my mind. And thank god for it, because it was amazing, I didn't know she was that wild. Amazing update, the new characters and plot looks very promising.
In a sense. She ask you to collect those images. In VN you can get two while you can collect all in sandbox and she'll be really greatful, culminating in the shower scene.

Reactions: Mytez

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
I read posts on this forum for see if I could enjoy this game but it's seems there are a lot of nonsens and the story seems weird; seems uselessly complicated, and it's seems the MC is a beta.
Hmm... I don't know.
Maybe in the futur.
I think you are only reading the first couple pages of comments but there is some truth to what your saying. With me being the developer, when someone ask if they should play it I always say wait until the next version. The reason is that the day after I release a version, the new version I am working on already seems better than the current. This is definitely true in 5A. The first thing I try to do when starting a new version is correct the faults in the released version, UI, glitches, etc... This is where I rely heavily on feedback. Then I work on continuing the story. The thing I am starting to fear now is my own experience in creating the game. Meaning, the new content is beginning to look far superior to the old. So much in fact that I am thinking of redoing some of the older scenes such as Lana's final yoga scene. I didn't know how to do several things well in that scene until later. Anyways, wait for version 5A. It will come out in a couple weeks. I have finished most of the still renders but I have the scripting, animations, and coding left to do.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Please take into account sowing those reworks in seamlessly ... so as not to break saves ... and please do not do the hack and slack move some devs end up pulling, a.k.a. leaving old pics lying around and breaking their strings, which leads to a lot of problems when and if there is any mistake in naming, numbering, indexing new photos over / on top / around existing scenes.

Try to make blocks / bubbles / self contained cubicles of those reworked / re imagined scenes that will take little space in the codes and will be able to relate quickly and efficiently in the next matrix code <hope kianu wins the girls and hands over the machine to agent smith -> enjoy some alone time with trinity while smith brings all the hell on those souls consuming programs;)>

Reactions: Robbery1211

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Hello Rebbery1211

I have not playing the game, so maybe what I will say will be wrong. (and also, forgive my bad english).

For information, I first read the page of fap-nation, the description of the game, tags, etc.

And with just that, I thought it was unclear, the point of view of the lesbian couple, which she marries with the hero's father.

"Dustin is adopted by a lesbian couple, Julia and Katherine. When his rich biological father is informed of his existence by his biological mother on his deathbed, his father picks him up. When Dustin's father finds him, his father falls in love with Dustin's adoptive mothers. Dustin's father marries one of them, Julia. "

What a heavy plot for the beginning.

And the first question that came to my mind was, "why is the father here? "

Because we understand that this is a game where we have to win all the women available, so why are we playing with a male character, who by nature, will he beat us?

It only brings complicated relationships, especially if you invite your father's wife.

And so, the father is in a threesome? Maybe he is the real MC, since he was already much more accomplished than his son.

And then, how and why a lesbian marry a man?

After that, reading the 28 pages of the forum, I became aware of a certain Lana was just a bitch. So, why would the MC bother with a bitch? He likes that?

That's why I think the hero is a beta.

I also saw that the aunt was angry with the MC so that I do not know why, and i'ts make me thought of the game "FILF" where I found the anger of the aunt very hypocritical.

There are other things, but you understand what I mean.

When you say: "The reason is that the day after I release a version, the new version I'm working on it already seems better than the current", it does not good, because it means that you do not know what your own history will be. It should simply be "the continuation of the current history".

But, a continuation that you already know.

I think at first you had a good idea of the story, but you got lost on the way.

"The thing I'm starting to fear now is my own experience in creating the game. Meaning, the new content is starting to look better. So much in fact that Lana's final yoga scene. »

It's not going at all, because you risk creating inconsistencies by going backwards. And the more text you have, the more you risk losing yourself.

Before writing a story, you must already know it. Know the characters, environments, etc ...

And if you have a new exploitable idea, look first if you can integrate it into the story without creating confusion for the player.

If you think you're stuck with your story, do not try to unblock it with nonsense, rewrite it. Even if it takes time.

And if you think it would be best, rewrite the game entirely, to make it better. As long as the game is not "finished" you can do it again at will.

Asking for help, there is no shame in that. On the contrary, if you think you're stuck, it's because you've seen it's incoherent.

Look at the story of your game, not as its creator, but as a player who plays for the first time, because it's the first impression that counts.

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
Hello Rebbery1211

I have not playing the game, so maybe what I will say will be wrong. (and also, forgive my bad english).

For information, I first read the page of fap-nation, the description of the game, tags, etc.

And with just that, I thought it was unclear, the point of view of the lesbian couple, which she marries with the hero's father.

"Dustin is adopted by a lesbian couple, Julia and Katherine. When his rich biological father is informed of his existence by his biological mother on his deathbed, his father picks him up. When Dustin's father finds him, his father falls in love with Dustin's adoptive mothers. Dustin's father marries one of them, Julia. "

What a heavy plot for the beginning.

And the first question that came to my mind was, "why is the father here? "

Because we understand that this is a game where we have to win all the women available, so why are we playing with a male character, who by nature, will he beat us?

It only brings complicated relationships, especially if you invite your father's wife.

And so, the father is in a threesome? Maybe he is the real MC, since he was already much more accomplished than his son.

And then, how and why a lesbian marry a man?

After that, reading the 28 pages of the forum, I became aware of a certain Lana was just a bitch. So, why would the MC bother with a bitch? He likes that?

That's why I think the hero is a beta.

I also saw that the aunt was angry with the MC so that I do not know why, and i'ts make me thought of the game "FILF" where I found the anger of the aunt very hypocritical.

There are other things, but you understand what I mean.

When you say: "The reason is that the day after I release a version, the new version I'm working on it already seems better than the current", it does not good, because it means that you do not know what your own history will be. It should simply be "the continuation of the current history".

But, a continuation that you already know.

I think at first you had a good idea of the story, but you got lost on the way.

"The thing I'm starting to fear now is my own experience in creating the game. Meaning, the new content is starting to look better. So much in fact that Lana's final yoga scene. »

It's not going at all, because you risk creating inconsistencies by going backwards. And the more text you have, the more you risk losing yourself.

Before writing a story, you must already know it. Know the characters, environments, etc ...

And if you have a new exploitable idea, look first if you can integrate it into the story without creating confusion for the player.

If you think you're stuck with your story, do not try to unblock it with nonsense, rewrite it. Even if it takes time.

And if you think it would be best, rewrite the game entirely, to make it better. As long as the game is not "finished" you can do it again at will.

Asking for help, there is no shame in that. On the contrary, if you think you're stuck, it's because you've seen it's incoherent.

Look at the story of your game, not as its creator, but as a player who plays for the first time, because it's the first impression that counts.
1. "And the first question that came to my mind was, "why is the father here? "" - The father is dead as well. He dies later. The story begins around three years after his death.

2. "And then, how and why a lesbian marry a man?" - This is explained a little more in 5A so I won't ruin it but the story right now is that they saw how well he took care of Dustin and their kids plus he was around them everyday so they fell in love with him. Finally, they were not always lesbian because they each have a child.

3. When I said "The reason is that the day after I release a version, the new version I'm working on it already seems better than the current" I was talking about the user interface and animations, not the story." The new version only continues the current story.

4. "I became aware of a certain Lana was just a bitch." - I don't know where you read that. A lot of people would probably prefer the game to be called Rocking Lana.

5. Before writing a story, you must already know it. Know the characters, environments, etc ... - This is true to an extent because it is only true at first. You tend to lean the way the audience prefers as the story progresses or focus on things you wouldn't have originally.

6. In F.I.L.F. the aunt is angry because the MC snuck into the strip club to see her. In Rocking Robin the aunt is angry because the MC and her daughter where about to fuck in her house. To top it off, the MC broke her daughters heart by saying they weren't interested in each other despite her daughter being about to move out for him if she could not accept them being together. What's similar?

7. "The thing I'm starting to fear now is my own experience in creating the game. Meaning, the new content is starting to look better. So much in fact that Lana's final yoga scene. " - Again, I'm only talking about redoing the animation not changing the story.

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Well, I see you can manage your game, I'm glad for you, except for one thing.

=> I won't ruin it but the story right now is that they saw how well he took care of Dustin and their kids plus he was around them everyday so they fell in love with him.

Honestly, and I am sorry by advance, but, this is a really, reaallllly stupid idea.
I won't teach you the " player psychology " but, in your new version, if you mention that fact, you will loose players.
In resume : if you show to a certain kind of player that the father was a great lucky guy, and on top of that, he " used " theses two women, you will loose them. Definitly.

But, eh, who am I in the end ? Do as you wish ^^.

I will pray for your succes with your project.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
2. "And then, how and why a lesbian marry a man?" - This is explained a little more in 5A so I won't ruin it but the story right now is that they saw how well he took care of Dustin and their kids plus he was around them everyday so they fell in love with him. Finally, they were not always lesbian because they each have a child.
Not to be pedantic, but that is what we call bisexual.

4.10 star(s) 68 Votes