Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
Polls are unreliable. Try doing a poll if people want a linear vn instead. Can't be a dev if you need votes for every decision.
I honestly feel you'd have more support if the story were more accessible and the clicking less complex. Also don't think people have a problem with a black/brown mc, just that the first version didn't have much variety with the women, and the models weren't as good.
People definitely had a problem with the MC being Black let's not bullshit ourselves here.

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
Yeah, sadly many aren't a fan of that (I will say I like getting to choose, but sadly, this is also an issue with LIs, where in MANY games, we don't get black LIs).
I'm moreso bothered by the fact that someone wasted all that time and effort to create a story and characters but let it go to hell just please naysayers. If money is your only motivation then..

Reactions: Spirit Detective

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
I'm moreso bothered by the fact that someone wasted all that time and effort to create a story and characters but let it go to hell just please naysayers. If money is your only motivation then..
The story is still the same, the characters changed. Then I reused the characters on Jasons side... but we don't talk about that one.

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
Indeed not a big fan of starting over a 3rd time. Doing the grind all over again just to find out theirs a bug or broken link at Lana's house were you can't investigate in the backyard to hear her an dick head Johnnie are fighting you can get on the porch an that's it. So guess I'm not going to restart a 4th time I'll wait a couple updates before i play again because now I cant do anything with this broken path.
Thank you for reporting the bug, I didn't know...

May 20, 2017
Can not agree more. I wont even play that awful RPGM games because that engine. Unity is okay but still not as fluid as renpy for VNs I think.
For me it's Renpy first, then RPGM and then Unity. Unity is the high end of the bunch, which when the developer knows what he is doing, can result in something Good. Otherwise it's a mess most of the time compared to Renpy.

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
whats the reason with trying to push people to the sandbox mode by locking parts of the game from the VN side yet not having a proper save system that can transfer over to the next version. It just makes the grind worst.
I'm not trying to push anyone anywhere. The game started out as Sandbox, VN mode is just a bonus. The rule is that I cannot lock parts of the game for paying and unpaying players. I have not broken that rule. You can see everything the game has to offer in Sandbox mode if you play it correctly. However, VN belongs to me and I don't feel its fair for someone to have to do all that grinding in Sandbox mode then just click in VN, unless they support the game. When you support the game in my eyes you own a part of it and should be entitled to such things. My opinion won't change.

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
For me it's Renpy first, then RPGM and then Unity. Unity is the high end of the bunch, which when the developer knows what he is doing, can result in something Good. Otherwise it's a mess most of the time compared to Renpy.
I'm starting not to like Renpy because there are too many editors. Developers don't like that. When people look at my script I feel... raped lol

• Haha
Reactions: Lucifer_Morningstar

Renetta

Jan 30, 2018
The game flow in VN mode could be better and unfortunately seems that playing in VN mode makes you skip some content that sandbox gets which sucks,hopefully that content will be integrated into VN mode in the future versions.
PS: game needs creampie scenes,please let us fill those gorgeous ladies :giggle:

Reactions: Robbery1211

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
I have talked about this already. You answered it yourself, "People definitely had a problem...." I want people to be in awe of my writing, renders, and animations. I want the largest crowd possible. I want Rocking Robin to be popular asf. I want to be able to type in Rocking Robin in google search and not see Michael Jackson and Bobby Day until you scroll wayyyy down because my games images are first. I want it to be 20 years from now and somebody say damn Rocking Robin was a classic. I could care less about black or white, white or black. If the majority wanted grey characters they would be grey. And the majority has spoken. As far as the money I was in a really bad place at the time. I just lost my career, not job, career, when GM laid everyone off so I was very depressed at the time but I always wanted to do this so it also inspired me. I should have made the characters yellow. Most games I see with yellow characters is successful. <--- joke. Really though, I need all of your help to do it. Long story short, money is not all I want, it is what I really really thought I needed at the time. What I want is the game to be popular. I want to wake up in the morning and be like, holy shit, I created Rocking Robin.

Last edited:
May 20, 2017
I'm starting not to like Renpy because there are too many editors. Developers don't like that. When people look at my script I feel... raped lol
I kinda get that. You want others to play your game, the way you designed it. But you shouldn't limit people from making their choices. Some will play the game the way you designed it. Some will play it by making use of the console. Some will use a cheat mod. Its all their choice, let them make it. You give your best like you do, on making the story more and more entertaining, the game fun to play. That's all you can do, the rest is up to the players.

Well, I am nobody to tell you anything, its your choice too, switching to Unity or staying with Renpy. There are talented people who can even make cheats/mods for Unity also, so it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Although,I do have a question for you. Are you unable to figure out a way to make old saves work? Its always the same issue, that's why I am asking you.

Reactions: BigDaddy316

Robbery1211

[ROCKING ROBIN]
Game Developer
Apr 5, 2018
I kinda get that. You want others to play your game, the way you designed it. But you shouldn't limit people from making their choices. Some will play the game the way you designed it. Some will play it by making use of the console. Some will use a cheat mod. Its all their choice, let them make it. You give your best like you do, on making the story more and more entertaining, the game fun to play. That's all you can do, the rest is up to the players.

Well, I am nobody to tell you anything, its your choice too, switching to Unity or staying with Renpy. There are talented people who can even make cheats/mods for Unity also, so it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Although,I do have a question for you. Are you unable to figure out a way to make old saves work? Its always the same issue, that's why I am asking you.
I don’t know how to make them work and I don’t know how to test if they do because the day after the game releases I’m already working on a new version.

Reactions: Lucifer_Morningstar
Jun 20, 2018
Starting to check out this game, and despite some bugs it's actually pretty innovative with interesting world building.

By the way, I think the below posts should be linked in OP. I tend to solve puzzles and the like by myself, but the little brown photo marks are difficult to (literally) see.

Some of these were insanely hard to find especially the one in the Aunts House. Ended up resorting to checking the script files to find which sections they were located in and then scouring those scenes. Anyways aside from the one you get from the story quest mission the locations are:
the little brown marks are a little bit too difficult for a lot of us to see, I think.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Did you find the picture in the Aunt's house? In the pool area near the lounge chair. The "strategy" guide missed that

Reactions: Thermophob
Jun 20, 2018
Starting to check out this game, and despite some bugs it's actually pretty innovative with interesting world building.

By the way, I think the below posts should be linked in OP. I tend to solve puzzles and the like by myself, but the little brown photo marks are difficult to (literally) see.
Or maybe not. I've found all 11 but I think the game thinks I have one more to go.

4.10 star(s) 68 Votes