Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
The DV managed to insert the essence of a girl in the transition to adulthood in its characters. He understands from subtlety, which defines the feminine traits and their beauty, the dialogues are reduced, but compensated with refined gestures. I just think he exaggerates when he tries to make the player anxious, I know this is important in a game. It is for this reason that I and many still insist on this game. :unsure: :(

Proffejor

Mar 2, 2020
I'm getting seriously frustrated with this game, the walkthroughs and helper software on the main page are either broken or outdated, and I'm not sure if my progress is more or less borked with this attempt to play through the game. The third time is NOT the charm. (All events line up with the walkthrough up to the time to give Amy the Summer Dress in week 2, when she is not where the guide says. Then everything falls apart, and I have to spend an entire week catching up to order yoga clothes, and now I can't destroy that summer dress so I can mess with the sink.)

Is there a decent walkthough for someone who wants to actually progress in the game, or even just a list of the bullsh*t hoops I am supposed to jump through in a semblance of order? (maybe a console command I can just hack the booleans on and off with since the game is just annoying to play, or perhaps see what my hidden stats are set at?)

Reactions: relativeupstairs829

Blackader

Jun 5, 2017
Of course you can't play if you're younger than 18 years old. If you have problems with your save file it might be because you have used a save file based upon a pirate version that has floating around here. Go to my Patreon site and download a valid version
[/QUOTE I am playing version downloaded from here.

D

Deleted member 662090

You'd have to extract the game files for that

Try checking the new version released by Celaviegroup below

or you can try using this main.rpy [not sure if you need to extract your game files for this]

Note that this main.rpy file is based from the Public Version 11.
Where do I place this main.rpy file in the Mac version?

alfeatcat

Sep 20, 2018
You'd have to extract the game files for that

Try checking the new version released by Celaviegroup below

or you can try using this main.rpy [not sure if you need to extract your game files for this]

Note that this main.rpy file is based from the Public Version 11.
Yes, works. Save my day. thank you

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
I'm getting seriously frustrated with this game, the walkthroughs and helper software on the main page are either broken or outdated, and I'm not sure if my progress is more or less borked with this attempt to play through the game. The third time is NOT the charm. (All events line up with the walkthrough up to the time to give Amy the Summer Dress in week 2, when she is not where the guide says. Then everything falls apart, and I have to spend an entire week catching up to order yoga clothes, and now I can't destroy that summer dress so I can mess with the sink.)

Is there a decent walkthough for someone who wants to actually progress in the game, or even just a list of the bullsh*t hoops I am supposed to jump through in a semblance of order? (maybe a console command I can just hack the booleans on and off with since the game is just annoying to play, or perhaps see what my hidden stats are set at?)
The w/t mod on the OP works with one minor glitch. I also looked at the W/T from the patreon site but found it less than helpful. I was able to get to 72/72 using the w/t mod when I figured out that the glitch had no real impact on the game play itself. Hard to explain. I am in the process of posted to the mod thread to show exactly where it happens so they can take a look at it and possibly solve the issue. As I said the mod allows you to complete v 11.0.

Edit: I should also point out that the mod has worked flawlessly through v 10.0.

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
Having the same problem in V11, anyone has an idea?
Only idea I have is to use the W/T mod on the OP. As I said in my previous post it has a very minor bug/glitch that still allows you to complete v 11.0. I have posted to the mod thread so the author can take a look at it. I would suggest starting at the beginning of v 11.0 or where you first ran into this bug. This is the first time I have seen this bug/glitch with the mod.

Edit: Guess I should point out where it happens. It's at 1200 everyday, as far as I can tell, the office choice turns dark blue and all choices on the next screen are also dark blue. It doesn't cause any error exceptions and can therefore just be ignored. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fython
D

Deleted member 662090

Just search the folder with archive.rpa and place it there.
Should be something like game.app (right click -> show package contents)/Contents/Recources/game/
Doesn't work. The game doesn't even start this way.

Fython

Jul 16, 2019
Only idea I have is to use the W/T mod on the OP. As I said in my previous post it has a very minor bug/glitch that still allows you to complete v 11.0. I have posted to the mod thread so the author can take a look at it. I would suggest starting at the beginning of v 11.0 or where you first ran into this bug. This is the first time I have seen this bug/glitch with the mod.

Edit: Guess I should point out where it happens. It's at 1200 everyday, as far as I can tell, the office choice turns dark blue and all choices on the next screen are also dark blue. It doesn't cause any error exceptions and can therefore just be ignored. Hope this helps.
Thanks I already tried this, now tried again to load from a previous save and it worked. Also used the W/T mod so that I didn't skip anything important. Thanks a lot.

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
Thanks I already tried this, now tried again to load from a previous save and it worked. Also used the W/T mod so that I didn't skip anything important. Thanks a lot.
welcome

Edit: Makes me think that just maybe I can get rid of the bug with the mod by starting from a precious save since I started with my end of v 10.0 save.

Last edited:

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
To all of you who get an error message when you try to load a saved file - here is the solution:
In your previous version - open your saved file and click until hour is 08:00 - hit F1 and save. Now you can use this file. The problem is related to the pirate versions of 9 and 10 that has been floating around here.
There is still a bug in release 10 contents - I apologize. Within few minutes a new version will be available on my Patreon site.

D

Deleted member 662090

Ah okay, in your case, the script is not (internally) overwritten, but parsed twice, since the original (compiled) version of main.rpy is still in archive.rpa. I am not knowing as how to solve this. Sorry, but I tried.
Maybe the new version, which was just announced by Celaviegroup, helps you.
Thanks anyway )))

Reactions: undefiniert
2.90 star(s) 104 Votes