Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Celaviegroup I really think you should add a skip button to the boring and repetitive sequences of when our girls come and go from school. And even when Amy won't let you shower in peace early in the morning. Thank you.

Reactions: keer

gatoconak

Oct 1, 2017
Im stuck at "saying goodnight at 23:00". Im doing it many times and still dont get more content.
Also I cant get into her bedroom when she cames from school, it says bedroom is empty even tought she talked to me from inside
EDIT: Nevermind I needed to do other tasks before advancing on it

Last edited:

Wolf310

Sep 18, 2018
You don't need Amy or girls locator... Its more fun this way, trust me.. Just read dialogs carefully and follow hints by dev, thats it.
Mhm, where is the next Event?
8AM, Kitchen, nope, roll back
dining room, nope, roll back
living room, nope, roll back
Skip one hour
9AM Kitchen, nope

That is more fun for you? How can bear the fun, if you have to do this a whole week, because the next event happend on sunday?
And there a lot of events without any hint.
Like find Emily in the Kitchen at 10PM
Or the Girls randomly apear in the living room in the evening, or master bedroom on daytime.

After the first 2-3 times, it stop to read carefully the dialogs and skip them the next few hundret times until new unread text apears

Reactions: LemuresXL

Elinan

Jul 28, 2018
I've been stuck for weeks at 11/92 any protips?

I have tried all locations at all possibly times at all days of the week. so many hours now without any progress. is my save file broken?

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Thanks for your inputs - I appreciate that.
When I started to make this game I had some ideas about building as you describe - simply collecting events, tasks, items etc and put them together to make a progress. I very soon realized that it was way to difficult for many players to solve the "puzzle" and I lost many potential supporters based upon that. Concerning release 10 - some players hate it - some players loved it. The idea was to let player ask and if he made the wrong question he was able to get a hint the day after at dinner. The order was quite easy if you "handled the girls with care" :)
From release 17 there will be some changes and some of your ideas, comments etc will occur. There will be new parameters to take care of...and more beautiful girls ....
I appreciate your taking the time to respond. I don't have the luxury of seeing things from a developer's perspective, so thanks for sharing that side of it. I suppose it's not as simple (irony intended) as coming up with clever puzzles with game-like mechanics, even if they are a good fit thematically and contribute to moving the story forward. If the audience isn't receptive or appreciative I suppose that would tamp down my ambition.

BTW, the dialogue consistently says things like "when I get my inherit" but you should be using the noun, "inheritance" in this context. "when I inherit my mother's estate" is "when I get my inheritance".

Great game.

Reactions: Celaviegroup
2.90 star(s) 104 Votes