Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

partywatch

Oct 17, 2019
Could you be so kind and tell me how to activate event counter and mood level meter? I have just downloaded the game (version 4.0; I have not played in previous versions) and I have read in this thread that they should be visible in the top left corner of the screen however in my case there is nothing there. In preferences I have not found any settings responsible for activating them
If you never play all other version before.
The event-counter starts with 3.6 before you have hints in 2.4 and 3.2 "12.00 office"
Please read post page 86/ post 1.710 and page 88/ 1.741 if you start a new game with v.4.0. Save/load hit F1.
You find all save in these post from day 1-16 to solve problems if you run in a loop with your save.

partywatch

Oct 17, 2019
V2.4 is the longest because it is a formed from V1.0 and V2.0. There was no end message screen back at the beginning. V2.4 was a bug fix with no new content, except for the end message.
Sorry, I play v4.0 not v2.4 but 2.4 is the first part of 4.0 before it move into 3.2:cool:Your points are useless nothing to do with 4.0
and nobody playing her 2.4 version.:unsure:

reiko123

Oct 23, 2019
If you never play all other version before.
The event-counter starts with 3.6 before you have hints in 2.4 and 3.2 "12.00 office"
Please read post page 86/ post 1.710 and page 88/ 1.741 if you start a new game with v.4.0. Save/load hit F1.
You find all save in these post from day 1-16 to solve problems if you run in a loop with your save.
Thank you for your reply. Does it mean that it is not possible to activate event counter and mood level meter in version 4.0? In order to have them I have to use save from the previous version of the game?

partywatch

Oct 17, 2019
Thank you for your reply. Does it mean that it is not possible to activate event counter and mood level meter in version 4.0? In order to have them I have to use save from the previous version of the game?
A save file from 3.6 into 4.0 to see both Mood-level and event-counter. In 3.6 only event counter and before only hints.
Here the save. Delete both auto-save game/user folder override both folder with 8-1-Lt1 rename to 1-1-Lt1 if you wish.
user/your name/AppData/roaming/Renpy/room for rent.

drhotrod

Aug 18, 2019
A brief history of the game and why all these version number. I first started playing this at V2.0. So I have to assume that there was a V1.0. Version 2.0 was the continuation of V1.0, but there were some bugs that needed fixing. Then V2.1, V2.2, V2.3 and then V2.4 finally made it stable, but no new content was made. Then a end screen was added to V2.4 to show when everything was done.

V3.0 came out with new content and with a new end screen. Some bugs were killed off and we end up with V3.2

V3.5 came out with new content and with a new end screen. Some bugs were killed off and we end up with V3.6. Also the mood counter was introduced here.

V4.0 came out with new content and with a new end screen. This one proved very problematic and went through 8 iterations before getting it right, but it is still called V4.0 and finally got released.

partywatch

Oct 17, 2019
A brief history of the game and why all these version number. I first started playing this at V2.0. So I have to assume that there was a V1.0. Version 2.0 was the continuation of V1.0, but there were some bugs that needed fixing. Then V2.1, V2.2, V2.3 and then V2.4 finally made it stable, but no new content was made. Then a end screen was added to V2.4 to show when everything was done.

V3.0 came out with new content and with a new end screen. Some bugs were killed off and we end up with V3.2

V3.5 came out with new content and with a new end screen. Some bugs were killed off and we end up with V3.6. Also the mood counter was introduced here.

V4.0 came out with new content and with a new end screen. This one proved very problematic and went through 8 iterations before getting it right, but it is still called V4.0 and finally got released.
The new version v4.0 isn´t not problematic at all. There some small images wrong. Nono25 make this clear how fast he finish.
Clean off before the next version see you soon
And not mention what to clean, very fair with his black-screen finish 4.0 and 53/53 events done.

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Hrm... okay, so I made an Amy-finder. In my limited testing it seems to work. I've also managed to remove all forced pauses (you can skip again). Haven't figured out yet how to re-enable saving... can't find the right function to replace.

Anyway, as you can see it marks the location she at with asterisks... Yes, she is present in multiple places at the same time. I don't know how but she is.

View attachment 369588

Since v3.6a, I've separated the skip-enabler from the Amy locator. This is because the author in my opinion has been doing a pretty good job providing hints and guiding the player to where the action is, thus rendering the locator somewhat obsolete. You can still install it if you so desire.

Install instructions... just drop the relevant script file in the game folder and play. If you find bugs, let me know.

Locator for v4.0: locator.rpy
Skip enabler for v4.0 (and probably all future versions): skip.rpy
locater Bug
Bathroom 23:00
I think it was aso you can go sometimes at 8:00 in the bathroom and activate that Amy slip. That is aso gone.

You can use my save from #1,777 to see it.

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Have aso somebody ended the game with 54/53? (I ended before with 30/32)

TwIsTed MeTaL

STD Connoisseur
Donor
Mar 25, 2019

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Room for Rent 4.0 Bug
When you name the Girl how rent a room the name is not in the text and she was named there as "Amy".

Massanian

Jun 5, 2017
Finally figured out a way out of a loop.

If you are stuck with her naked on bed with laptop, naked in pool at night and hugging, light pink nightie with no panties and can pinch her nipples in the washing room with seemingly no response... You need to "Fail" the nipple pinch.

If you have console, you can set "Shy = 7" before the 2nd washing room event, pinch her nipples and she will not like it (Lose 5 affection) but you can then proceed and you should get the "Thank you for playing 3_5" that night or very soon after.

If you don't have console, you can see her in her room at 1900 when she is naked and get a hug, then avoid her for 22 hours until the next day when you can do the 2nd washing room event. If you see her after dinner the shy stat could/will increase to 8 again and you are stuck in the loop.

If you have developer/console, you can type "Watch xxxxx" where xxxxx is a variable name, and it will appear in a list in upper right corner, handy for checking if something changes during events. You can also browse variable names by using "Shift+D" to get the names to watch.

If you don't have developer/console there is a tool available in f95zone called unren. Using that you can gain developer/console access to assist with grindy games like these.

Hope that helps.

partywatch

Oct 17, 2019
Finally figured out a way out of a loop.

If you are stuck with her naked on bed with laptop, naked in pool at night and hugging, light pink nightie with no panties and can pinch her nipples in the washing room with seemingly no response... You need to "Fail" the nipple pinch.

If you have console, you can set "Shy = 7" before the 2nd washing room event, pinch her nipples and she will not like it (Lose 5 affection) but you can then proceed and you should get the "Thank you for playing 3_5" that night or very soon after.

If you don't have console, you can see her in her room at 1900 when she is naked and get a hug, then avoid her for 22 hours until the next day when you can do the 2nd washing room event. If you see her after dinner the shy stat could/will increase to 8 again and you are stuck in the loop.

If you have developer/console, you can type "Watch xxxxx" where xxxxx is a variable name, and it will appear in a list in upper right corner, handy for checking if something changes during events. You can also browse variable names by using "Shift+D" to get the names to watch.

If you don't have developer/console there is a tool available in f95zone called unren. Using that you can gain developer/console access to assist with grindy games like these.

Hope that helps.
WOW, now we learn how to cheat a game. Thanks, but by one route only I don´t need cheats until I can read the text in-game:LOL::ROFLMAO:;);)

• Haha
Reactions: John Woodbridge
2.90 star(s) 104 Votes