ddf

Jun 27, 2017
That's all? They work on four games so it's fine?^^ Maaaaybe they should overthink how much work they can handle instead of milking the patrons. Or, but that's heresy, invest more money in soft/hardware and manpower.
There is a quite big list of people in a team, aside from commissioning artists, so, technically, they do a heresy of investing in manpower (have no idea if soft/hardware will make a difference)

Yes and? That doesn't mean they can't make some time to add more stuff to their best title.
Next version should be Emek’s Rest part 2 (going to be big, if the same size as part 1).
Investing everything in a best title is good when there is a long way to go, but Rounscape already has its ending. It seems that patrons are ok with such split of work time (I follow the game for a few years, since 0.93 I think, and I didn’t see any significant drops in funding)

Aug 26, 2016
There is a quite big list of people in a team, aside from commissioning artists, so, technically, they do a heresy of investing in manpower (have no idea if soft/hardware will make a difference)

Next version should be Emek’s Rest part 2 (going to be big, if the same size as part 1).
Investing everything in a best title is good when there is a long way to go, but Rounscape already has its ending. It seems that patrons are ok with such split of work time (I follow the game for a few years, since 0.93 I think, and I didn’t see any significant drops in funding)
Great but what I'm getting at here is that replacing some art and also adding some new content for their best game is hardly some herculean undertaking for people who have near 20 grand a month coming in and their other projects aren't nearly as big or as important as Roundscape is.

ddf

Jun 27, 2017
Great but what I'm getting at here is that replacing some art and also adding some new content for their best game is hardly some herculean undertaking for people who have near 20 grand a month coming in and their other projects aren't nearly as big or as important as Roundscape is.
I’ve only played Uprising ep1 a bit (they promise ep2 next) - it’s smaller than RS, but will have few episodes and has some nonstandard for RPGMaker games battle system.

I don’t know how big other projects will be, but their Arenus has page on Steam.

Big RS Emek’s Rest expansion was released not long ago with about 6 scenes 4+ images each, afaik. I don’t know how much their commission artists charge, but one of the other projects I follow has about 5k per month and can barely afford 6 images per release.

What I’m saying that it was their decision how to split the work over projects and what projects to work on and it seems that patrons are okay with that.

Aug 26, 2016
I’ve only played Uprising ep1 a bit (they promise ep2 next) - it’s smaller than RS, but will have few episodes and has some nonstandard for RPGMaker games battle system.

I don’t know how big other projects will be, but their Arenus has page on Steam.

Big RS Emek’s Rest expansion was released not long ago with about 6 scenes 4+ images each, afaik. I don’t know how much their commission artists charge, but one of the other projects I follow has about 5k per month and can barely afford 6 images per release.

What I’m saying that it was their decision how to split the work over projects and what projects to work on and it seems that patrons are okay with that.
What happens if and when they decide that work on Roundscape is finished but they still haven't replaced the sub-par(anything drawn by nikaria, gross)art or added enough new content though? I can't really argue about the commission prices one way or another because neither of us has access to that information, that aside I can't see work on roundscape stopping anytime soon. Mostly because that game is why they are getting most of their cashflow.

Garnet X

Jun 7, 2017
anything drawn by nikaria, gross
Agreed, their color palette choice is very bland, beige and low tinted for everything they do. I hate the realish/comic book style.

But there are also weird inconsistency with the other artists works in this game, like why does some horses have human cocks. lol .. Also is this game not affected by the new Patreon change?

Aug 26, 2016
Agreed, their color palette choice is very bland, beige and low tinted for everything they do. I hate the realish/comic book style.
I agree, I think. Although I never really could put into words precisely what bothered me about nikaria's "art". I think calling it comic book style is an insult to comic books though.

But there are also weird inconsistency with the other artists works in this game, like why does some horses have human cocks.
That's obvious isn't it? This game has art from multiple artists in it.

Also is this game not affected by the new Patreon change?
You mean the rules regarding content? That depends on whether someone notices or not. So let's hope they don't or this game will get really bland. Or they'll have to find a way around it I guess.

Last edited:

kodial79

Aug 5, 2016
Cheat codes are codes that hack the game to give you an advatage. They can give you infinite currency, ammo, chage NPCs in a variety of ways, reset things, give you items, make you invulnerable, etc. Every game has different cheat codes associated with it though some are univeral throughout a genre, like "noclip" in FPSs.

Some players look down on cheats and those who use them because they believe it ruins the experience but sometimes hacks can be useful, namely if you're stuck, want to test things, skip the grind on a game that is still in development, etc.

That said, hacks on multiplayer/online games is a big no-no, aside from being illegal and risking a perma ban, you're ruining the game for everyone else. In single-players though, most players don't really care about what you do.
I mean the ones you can use in Roundscape Andorevia through the Menu.

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
I haven't played for a few versions and I still can't complete the quest of the Bob (golem thingy) in Novos, the woman said go west and check the old smith, I remember being able to do this quest like a year ago... but now no doors will open.

And how do I turn off that synch thing that the perfomance readme talks about? searched the forum and the options and nothing, and the game still lags a bit after disabling the tiles.

Any help with the map thing? I remember someone telling me to reload the map? does that even work?

Dragonaira

Aug 1, 2017
I cant find the Nature Spirit :( I'm at the correct spot I have the quest read the map but its not there... Am I doing anything wrong?

Storm4n

Jul 10, 2017
During a battle what does the nunchaku (nunchuk?) icon means above your character? is it because I just chose the perk that allows to keep TP's between battles? cheers!

3.60 star(s) 134 Votes