Unity Abandoned Rule 34 Brothel Remake [v1.3e] [R34]

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes

joeymcjoeysalot

Apr 12, 2020
I cannot seem to get the default game to start with custom content. Characters and a few perks. I deleted a lot of the default characters. It says type in save name to start and press enter, but when I hit enter only the save name is highlighted and nothing happens. Also may want to suggest not playing on ultrawide resolutions as a lot of text doesn't show up on buttons and such.

Edit: It seems to happen when Velma is deleted from my character pool. If I restore her I can load a new game. The newest patch does seem to not allow you to use other rooms in buildings than bedrooms. I select the room and then go back, and it is still defaulting to bedroom. I rolled back to 1.3d and this doesn't happen.

Last edited:

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Replace files from the full release with the patch files.
Thanks, but I was not refering to the update but for the editor. Trying to use it brings up error nessages. Where to put it? I tried to open the exe of the gme - error.

TheVoidDeath

Jul 28, 2017
Thanks, but I was not refering to the update but for the editor. Trying to use it brings up error nessages. Where to put it? I tried to open the exe of the gme - error.
Extract it anywhere, open the exe and then point it to the game exe
Try it with this version , and if it still wont work send me screenshots via msg!
Thanks

(Hotfix 2 The electric boogaloo)

Reactions: ray3dave

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
Try it with this version , and if it still wont work send me screenshots via msg!
Thanks

The current version of the editor has some interface scaling problems comparedto the last release. Also, what were the fixes? I have found several bugs in the previous version. Also, is it possible to make any of the json edits to not save in bulk,but individually? If any issues arise from editing one file, it will just affect all the rest. In the last version, I had to manually clean each one due to that.

Last edited:

TheVoidDeath

Jul 28, 2017
The current version of the editor has some interface scaling problems comparedto the last release.
if possible could you provide a screenshot? I went mental and redesigned alot to make it more streamlined (in the code section)

Also, what were the fixes?
Saving should never give any error's now, and the image refractor is completely remade , also deleting should actually work (before it worked like 50% of the time at best)

I have found several bugs in the previous version.
Im just one guy and dont actually get to test it extensively, any screenshots ARE apriciated and i will try to resolve any problems you might have as long as you are wiling to be patient Thanks!

Also, is it possible to make any of the json edits to not save in bulk,but individually? If any issues arise from editing one file, it will just affect all the rest. In the last version, I had to manually clean each one due to that.
So sorry this happened, but it should be fixed now! Though i reccoment keeping backups in case shit happens
It would be possible but shouldnt be necessary

Thank you for the feedback, although sending me a private message is the fastest way to do it!

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
if possible could you provide a screenshot? I went mental and redesigned alot to make it more streamlined (in the code section)

Saving should never give any error's now, and the image refractor is completely remade , also deleting should actually work (before it worked like 50% of the time at best)

Im just one guy and dont actually get to test it extensively, any screenshots ARE apriciated and i will try to resolve any problems you might have as long as you are wiling to be patient Thanks!

So sorry this happened, but it should be fixed now! Though i reccoment keeping backups in case shit happens
It would be possible but shouldnt be necessary

Thank you for the feedback, although sending me a private message is the fastest way to do it!
Right, will do that from now on.

XSafariX

Aug 1, 2018
Much sad that there isn't a mac file. This reminds me of slave-maker and have been looking for a remake for a long time.

Reactions: Marcheck

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
Thanks

Doesn't work, sorry. Would be great if it did! :)

It is really frustrating to try to invent new characters. After the help I got here, I build another one, again it does not work (Perks 2 of three showing, second quality and perks that go with it not showing - no clue why...).

Last edited:

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
Doesn't work, sorry. Would be great if it did! :)

It is really frustrating to try to invent new characters. After the help I got here, I build another one, again it does not work (Perks 2 of three showing, second quality and perks that go with it not showing - no clue why...).
You are making them manually, right? Always check the capitalization of specific objects and variable names. I noticed that some files I made with the old editor on this thread would, instead of printing them in the way that this one default example shows:
JSON:
{
    "name" : "Amy Wong",
    "constitution" : 20,
    "charisma" : 60,
    "character" : 60,
    "libido" : 60,
    "fuck" : 30,
    "blowjob" : 30,
    "handjob" : 30,
    "anal" : 30,
    "footjob" : 30,
    "titfuck" : 30,
    "salary" : 50,
    "canWin" : false,
    "qualities" : [
        "Martian",
        "Intern"
    ]
}
It would instead show the file as:
JSON:
{
    "Name" : "Amy Wong",
    "constitution" : 20,
    "charisma" : 60,
    "character" : 60,
    "libido" : 60,
    "fuck" : 30,
    "blowjob" : 30,
    "handjob" : 30,
    "anal" : 30,
    "footjob" : 30,
    "titfuck" : 30,
    "salary" : 50,
    "canWin" : false,
    "qualities" : [
        "Martian",
        "Intern"
    ]
    "name" : "Amy Wong"
}
The reason for that was that the last line would generate because the first variable name somehow got capilalized. At first, I thought the last line was wrong, so I removed it. But I spent almost an hour not noticing why there was an error after that. I finally then noticed that it was the aforementioned issue: it said "Name" instead of "name". Of course, that's for character files. For the perk issues, it is pretty much the same. Check your spelling. Since you are still working on your perks and qualities, do check if the lines match the other default files (the same name spelling for perks in quality files, and the same name spelling for qualities in character files). Descriptions can be written in whatever way you wish, even the worst of grammar, as they do not affect gameplay. If you almost feel like giving up, shoot a private message at me, if you wish. I am still a trainee on this stuff, despite months of reading and editing for other games. But learning together helps us all.

Last edited:

TheVoidDeath

Jul 28, 2017
The reason for that was that the last line would generate because the first variable name somehow got capilalized. At first, I thought the last line was wrong, so I removed it. But I spent almost an hour not noticing why there was an error after that. I finally then noticed that it was the aforementioned issue: it said "Name" instead of "name". Of course, that's for character files. For the perk issues, it is pretty much the same. Check your spelling. Since you are still working on your perks and qualities, do check if the lines match the other default files (the same name spelling for perks in quality files, and the same name spelling for qualities in character files). Descriptions can be written in whatever way you wish, even the worst of grammar, as they do not affect gameplay.
Thanks alot for the details (sorry for the late answers but im GMT +1
Was a 1 minute fix thanks to you

If you almost feel like giving up, shoot a private message at me, if you wish. I am still a trainee on this stuff, despite months of reading and editing for other games. But learning together helps us all.
Thanks alot its my first rodeo as well (i technicly made some modtools before but i've never published them like this)
If you are interested i can send you the code to mess around with

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
Also worked a bit on the problem you previusly submitted and i made this temporary solution
It seems like I found another issue immediately after downloading and launching it. It tried to draw from a directory address that no longer exists, since I moved the game folder elsewhere, but didn't try to adapt to that change. Is it possible to make the program look for the subfolders inside where the executable it often asks for at every launch is? Also, where does this data get stored, in case I gotta delete it in case of this error appearing again in later revisions?

TheVoidDeath

Jul 28, 2017
It seems like I found another issue immediately after downloading and launching it. It tried to draw from a directory address that no longer exists, since I moved the game folder elsewhere, but didn't try to adapt to that change. Is it possible to make the program look for the subfolders inside where the executable it often asks for at every launch is? Also, where does this data get stored, in case I gotta delete it in case of this error appearing again in later revisions?

Reactions: ray3dave

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
GREAT! This version finally works on my PC! Thank you so much for your effort!

EDIT: BUT... but my characters now crash the game again, it collapses at the start,. Oh, no!

Last edited:

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
Nice update, but here is another bit that happened:
JSON:
{
    "constitution": 20,
    "charisma": 60,
    "character": 60,
    "libido": 60,
    "fuck": 30,
    "blowjob": 30,
    "handjob": 30,
    "anal": 30,
    "footjob": 30,
    "titfuck": 30,
    "salary": 50,
    "canWin": false,
    "qualities": [
        "Martian",
        "Intern"
    ],
    "name": "Amy Wong"
}
It's sorta negligible, since the order of lines does not matter much in this case, but for anyone aware of the old bug, if they do a combination of using the editor and then manually editing the file after, they gotta be careful of that last line placement, as instead of the old capitalization bug, it now just removes that line and adds it again to the bottom.

To reproduce this, all I did was launch the editor, and simply click on "Save all Changes" without changing anything, since the program loves to format all files in certain ways. It helps that I made another copy of the game files beforehand, just for testing this editor.

EDIT: There were more issues, so I just shot them at you in conversations.

Last edited:

TheVoidDeath

Jul 28, 2017
Nice update, but here is another bit that happened:
JSON:
{
    "constitution": 20,
    "charisma": 60,
    "character": 60,
    "libido": 60,
    "fuck": 30,
    "blowjob": 30,
    "handjob": 30,
    "anal": 30,
    "footjob": 30,
    "titfuck": 30,
    "salary": 50,
    "canWin": false,
    "qualities": [
        "Martian",
        "Intern"
    ],
    "name": "Amy Wong"
}
It's sorta negligible, since the order of lines does not matter much in this case, but for anyone aware of the old bug, if they do a combination of using the editor and then manually editing the file after, they gotta be careful of that last line placement, as instead of the old capitalization bug, it now just removes that line and adds it again to the bottom.

To reproduce this, all I did was launch the editor, and simply click on "Save all Changes" without changing anything, since the program loves to format all files in certain ways. It helps that I made another copy of the game files beforehand, just for testing this editor.

EDIT: There were more issues, so I just shot them at you in conversations.

There is nothing i can do about the name being at the bottom its the result of making the code super efficient (Ram,cpu cycles and so on), But thankfully the game works fine with that , hopefully noone will need to edit the files manually once we get this modtool operational! :D

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes