Steamlynx

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2019
I updated the main page on the forum and posted links to the latest version 0.00.15 for Windows and Linux.

If you liked it, please write a small review or comment on the forum.

Have a nice game!

Reactions: RedPandaExpress
Aug 15, 2021
The game is fairly interesting so far. Noticing a few differences since the revamp, but overall it still has pretty much the same feel. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it from here.

Reactions: Steamlynx

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
I updated the main page on the forum and posted links to the latest version 0.00.15 for Windows and Linux.

If you liked it, please write a small review or comment on the forum.

Have a nice game!
you need to report the opening post if you post an update, don't do it on your own

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Steamlynx Is this a sole male MC kind of game? (i.e. sex with protag only).

Or will there be content in the future involving non-MC dick? (i.e. NTR, Sharing/swinging, MMF etc.)

Reactions: mrttao

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
And 3rd, I'm not one of those unity haters, the only thing that I don't like about it
is that the window is not freely scaleable. Big bummer for me personally. But no deal breaker.
It isn't that we dislike unity for games here because we are "haters".
Unity is very hard to program so always results in a worse product.
crashes, lag, and lack of quality of life features (such as the inability to resize the window you mentioned, lack of fast forwards, lack of save porting, and many others) are completely normal.

The absolute cream of the crop in unity games are just "almost a renpy clone".
where they manage to replicate most (but never all) of renpy's features.

The only thing unity can do that renpy can't do better is:
a. full 3d world... which you shouldn't try to do because it requires a massive dev team to make it not suck
b. overly complex minigames... which you shouldn't do because they kill the fun to be had in an adult game.

99% of games are not cream of the crop though. so they manage to have many many more problems on top of that.

"haters" is what simps call us. but all we do is point out the truth. unity is simply the wrong engine to make a VN in.
great engine for a large team aiming to make a 3d game though.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
crashes, lag, and lack of quality of life features (such as the inability to resize the window you mentioned, lack of fast forwards, lack of save porting, and many others) are completely normal.

a. full 3d world... which you shouldn't try to do because it requires a massive dev team to make it not suck
b. overly complex minigames... which you shouldn't do because they kill the fun to be had in an adult game.

99% of games are not cream of the crop though. so they manage to have many many more problems on top of that.

"haters" is what simps call us. but all we do is point out the truth. unity is simply the wrong engine to make a VN in.
Plus renpy is easier to mod for compressed versions and so on. There is no good reason to use Unity to make a Visual Novel.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1666697938577.png
SLAM News: Outcomes of September and Next Release!

Aloha, foa! Here is Eugene Lynx and the latest news release of the SLAM project.

I want to summarize in this issue the September results and tell you how the work on version 0.00.17 is going!

Well, in September, we updated the Unity version to 2021.3 and the Naninvel version to v1.18. I made a "clean install" - re-added all ready-made assets to the game, considering the new structure for storing graphic files, sounds, music, and scripts in version 0.00.17. Thus, all the unnecessary old things were cleaned up. Actually, there was a lot of work, but visually it is not visible at all :) But further work on the game will be easier and more efficient!

We have also released version 0.00.16 for patrons. However, there is not much new content. The main focus of this version is on preparing sprites and backgrounds for future versions.

At the end of the month, we ordered parts for a new computer (Ryzen 9 5950X, 64 Gb, GeForce 3090 Ti) for rendering sprites and backgrounds. Of course, I would like to buy a new RTX 4090, but it has not yet been released, and we will not be able to afford it the first time after the release.

Anyway, the new computer will be significantly faster than the current Intel Core i5-9400F, 32Gb, RTX 3070. Given the HUGE amount of renders we need in 0.00.17 and especially 0.00.18, it's worth it! We now just wait for the components' arrival to assemble the computer. I will definitely share photos and test results with patrons when I do it!

While working on SLAM 0.00.17, I have already written the logic for the core gameplay loop and the location manager. At the moment, we are actively transferring already finished content. We'll need a little rewriting because all the scenes were written for the "Visual Novel" mode, and now the player has the opportunity to freely move around the game locations.

Some opening scenes up to the first day's evening will now become a prologue. In contrast, the rest of the scenes will be divided into two groups. Some of them will remain mandatory Plot Events, tied to the date, time of execution, and, possibly, some other conditions. This is, for example, Hector's first lecture at the Academy or Penny's recruitment into the team.

You can play the rest of the events in any order. In addition, repeatable activities will be added in some locations, aimed at leveling Hector and girls, earning money, reputation, and so on.

Once all scenes are migrated and localization files updated, we will release SLAM 0.00.17 RC1 for patrons. It will be a version WITHOUT new content, primarily for testing game logic. Its release date is in a few days.

Also, work is underway on the new backgrounds, not finished at 0.00.16, and the new sprites. Already prepared for Audrey and next in line are Kiana, Lily, and the new Ruby model. As for new content, it will be enough in the final 0.00.17! New NSFW scenes are coming too!

The public release of SLAM 0.00.17 with new content is scheduled for October 15th.
Preparing for release 0.00.17 (mid-October)
1666698041707.png

SLAM news: progress report, important announcements!

Aloha, foa! Many thanks to everyone for your support! In this post, I have a lot of good news about the development of version 0.00.17 SLAM!

During October (which, however, isn't over yet), we have done tremendous work, bringing the 0.00.17 release closer. Unfortunately, we still need some time, but before the end of the month, this release has every chance to see the light of day! And I must say this is one of the most significant releases regarding gameplay and content.

Let’s describe the work done in detail:

• Transferring assets (sprites, backgrounds, prefabs, music, sounds) to the new version took much longer than I thought...
  • Because I have developed a new system for indexing and storing game resources. It had to be done to prevent problems after five or six releases. And thanks to that, in the future, it would also be possible to add mods and content made by third-party developers to the game.
  • I had to suffer with a new computer as well. Firstly, the ordered and paid RTX 3090Ti did not come from the seller, and I had to request a refund. But, as it turned out, the fact that the new card did not come was for the best. Next week we will be able to order the RTX 4090, which just went on sale. At the same time, according to all tests, it is significantly faster with almost the same power consumption and an excellent cooling system.
  • But that's not all! When I assembled (it took half a day!) a new computer, still with an old video card, it did not start. I tried everything and checked the computer assembly repeatedly... nothing helped. Only the "CPU" LED on the motherboard was lit with an alarming red color. I had to call a computer wizard and send the computer for diagnostics. The problem turned out to be... in the wires of the power supply (it is modular). In the end, everything was fixed, hurray!
  • Thanks to Her Holiness Lightbringer, I already have a computer. Next week I'm starting to transfer and install software and databases. The main task here is DAZ3D, which has just been updated, and even a new generation of Genesis 9 models has come out... Damn, guys, slow down! We haven't had time to get used to 8.1 yet! So, I will rebuild our database of content and models for Daz3d and plan the transition to a new generation.
  • Transferring already written old scenes to a new build. I reported in the last news release, "a little rewriting needed." A little, haha (hysterical laughter). Big. Very big. And new scenes that are not yet entirely written need to be urgently completed. And, it took not just rewriting but digging through everything all the content, considering that now the player will have complete freedom of choice. I can't predict anymore in what order he or she will want to go through the scenes (except for the plot, which is usually tied to a specific date and period). In general, I STRONGLY underestimated the amount of work in this area.
So, what is ready now, and what is not?

• PLOT scenes - 8 prologue scenes + 15 game scenes (one game week in time) - are entirely ready. The only exception is the scene where Hector Van Carney visits the Mana Reactor and Distribution Station in the Academy with Medion and gains access to the trading market of magical energy. This scene is only half done.
  • NARRATIVE Events - there are 9 pieces in next release, 3 of which require revision of the text.
  • Regular repetitive activities in some locations (for example, drinking coffee with Nicole in the Cafeteria or flirting with Isabella at Meds). Work is underway at the game design level, and we haven't decided how many of them will be in the new version yet. I want to do many of them, as planned, but we won't be able to do them all because it'll require new texts and translation into English.
  • New CGIs - I can't say precisely how many there will be, the enormous appetite came at mealtime! Suddenly. In short, there is a desire to add more new CG scenes to the already-made ones, but it all depends on the new computer. If I can order on Monday an RTX 4090, get it quickly, swiftly transfer all the software to a new computer, and start rendering the next week, then new NSFW scenes in version 0.00.17 will get more phases :))) But just in case anything doesn't work out, all the necessary scenes and backgrounds are already rendered in a minimum amount. But, unfortunately, in addition to rendering, post-processing will also be required.
  • There are a lot of new backgrounds. The point is, in SLAM 0.00.17, the Freeborn City will appear. It's a new group of locations that will be added to the current Academy and Moon Facilities (such as MIFE and the Central Archives of the Martian Inquisition). The renders are almost ready for them, but there is no post-processing in Photoshop yet.
  • Sprite lists of Audrey, Kiana, and other characters whose content will be added in 0.00.17 are already prepared in Photoshop but not exported as sprites or added by Unity.
As for technical readiness, the logic of the main game loop is already completed and implemented in the code. It fulfills processing the date and period, launching Plot-game events, and working with the basic parameters of Hector (Influence, Authority, Heresy, STIN, Energy, Mana, Money). Please, remember that the rest of the role-playing system is planned for versions 0.00.18 and later.

• I also made the main technical subsystems necessary for the implementation of version 0.00.17:
  • "Navigator" responsible for unlocking and moving around locations,
  • "Location controllers" responsible for launching narrative game events and activities in different locations.
Thus, we've done a bunch of work, but, to be honest, I'm already afraid to make any assumptions about the timing of the release. We will do our best for it to be ASAP. We try at least to make a release version 0.00.17RC1 for the patrons before the end of the month.

Well, we still have 10 more days until the end of the month. Suppose we skip purchasing a new video card, transferring software to a new computer, and making more renders. In that case, it is quite possible to be on time. We'll do everything we can to please you with the latest version as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your support! See you Monday, October 31st!

Uploaders only recently - past saturday - found it and promoted this thread.
you need to report the opening post if you post an update, don't do it on your own
I'm so confused as to why this showed up on the latest updates page, did this version not already come out back in May?
Thread Updated: 2022-10-25
Release Date: 2022-05-05

Sylaann

Nov 4, 2020
The game changed a bit since the 1st release, I must say i quite like it as it is now, good luck for the future, I will wait for future updates ;)

By the way, Orla #1 :love:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1666713939874.png

Lascivia Academy of Magic (SLAM) a fantasy cyberpunk “Eroge Dating Sim meets Battle-RPG.” A story-driven game where choices matter, with a level-up system, crafting mechanics, immersive combat system, and lots of mini-games!

ROADMAP for autumn - winter 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

1666714000950.png

Now we are actively working on two versions of SLAM at once:

• 0.00.16 will be released for patrons soon.
  • Public version 0.01 will be ready in August 2022. Initially, we would like to release it earlier, say at the end of July. But we have a lot of improvements and game content planned in this version, so it's better to wait until later.

Public version SLAM 0.01

As soon as we finish developing LDPE, we'll be able to add already planned and even partially finished content (yes, we were also writing new texts in June). Thus our main area of work is the development, implementation, and testing of the Location-Date-Period-Events system.

Version 0.01 will include a fully working, tested, and debugged game cycle, all the necessary interfaces (including UI Map for traveling between locations and pop-up notifications), and a lot of new content, including battles in the Astral. Plus, of course, there will be NSFW scenes too!

That's all for now. Thanks to everyone who found the opportunity to support us during this difficult time! We will do our best to develop the most interesting and exciting game for you!

1666714096031.png

Hello everyone. In this post I will summarize the results for May and share our plans and tasks for the summer.

The top story is, of course, the release of SLAM 0.00.15 including redesigning all the content - character sprites and backgrounds - to adjust it to the new Lore. As for the new locations and characters, they are now being developed immediately for the style of cyberpunk fantasy.

For example like this:

1666714189361.png

(this is only a render, without any post-processing)

This is a new location that will be shown in the next release.

Our plans and deadlines for the summer and until the end of the year are still the same. As I wrote in the previous post, the next public version will be release 0.01, scheduled for mid-summer. Actually, it took the whole of May to prepare for the production of this particular version. We actively worked on the game design and algorithms of the main systems, prepared a technical assignment for the programmer who is currently working on the game system “Day-Period-Events".

We also developed the main system of the girls' evolution, taking into account the cyberpunk Lore, the planned combat system, and the global plot. But it's too early to talk about it, cause it will be too huge of a spoiler.

Adjusting to the new visual, we have an updated version of Carl, who changed his race, and place of work, but still remained a cool and interesting bartender. Though now he's also... and this is a spoiler too, so I'll refrain of details for now. I will only say that now he has an interesting past and an important role in the global plot.

1666714213600.png

(That is not the final version of Carl’s costume, we may update it later)

The new model of our lovely Viki’s is almost ready, we just need to refine her body a little. But even now she looks cool, especially in her new club clothes. But I'd rather show her next time, or even better - right in the game.

We are also preparing new locations according to the new visual concept. Since flights to the Astral are already planned for release 0.01, we need at least the Astral Port, MIFE locations and sublocations. And, of course, the Astral itself, at least a few options if it. This is quite a lot of work, but we have already done about half of it in May, so the mood is optimistic.

As for the small number of posts on Patreon, I wanted to make sure that we meet the deadlines before writing and promising anything, so the news did not come out.

Well, what else to say? The release 0.01 will most likely be ready by mid-late July. But there will be an intermediate version 0.00.16 for patrons, in which we want to run in and test ready-made components, primarily interface elements and some parts of the code for implementing the main game cycle. I can't say the exact release date. We'll post it as soon as we're ready, most likely closer to the end of June. There won't be much new content in this version, but you will see a striptease on the table from the redesigned Viki model. Well, I will write more about this version in the following posts for patrons.

That's it. Natasha and I continue to actively work on the project and we are sure that in the future SLAM will bring you a lot of pleasant minutes (hours, Carl, hours!!!).

1666714122966.png

We are happy to finaly publish release SLAM 0.00.15. Version for Win64:

Report on progress and changelog:

• Lore and global events of the world’s history have been worked out in more detail. All of it corresponds to the "cyberpunk fantasy" setting now.
  • 99% of the backgrounds were redesigned from scratch - all except one assistive image (the blue background displayed in the scenes of sleeping Hector). We added complementary backgrounds in some locations. For example, a view of Hector's desk, or the audience in which the lecture is taking place.
  • Many characters' models were updated (Isabella was even fully remade). Some of CG illustrations were modified, and, of course, we added new CGs.
  • We updated all the texts that are already in the game. Some of them have been substantially changed or even rewritten from scratch. Now all texts correspond to the renewed characters and locations.
From August 2022 we plan to make one release per month for patrons, and one public release every two to three months.

We will also publish progress reports for patrons on a weekly basis, and a final report once a month.

Some details on the public version SLAM 0.01 (estimated release date June-July 2022):

The primary goal of the release 0.01 will be the main cycle of the game. Technically, it will form the basis for finally moving from a visual novel to a full-fledged dating sim with RPG elements. This involves the event's system which will eventually let you immerse in the narrative and the activities of the game.

The player will be able to move around the locations both in the Academy and outside it. The system will take into account where the player is, what day and period it is, how much money and mana Hector has, what RPG-characteristics he has, and so on. Depending on those conditions various events will be launched, from random ones to the global plot events.

By the way, individual story of each of the main girls will consist of a chain of events. Every event’s launching will be influenced by the relationship’s level, characteristics of Hector and of the girl, and many other factors.

Interface and new content in the version SLAM 0.01

The game interface is gonna be improved. We’ll try to make reading from the screen easier, and completely new windows will be added. For example there will be the window with characteristics and skills of the character, the window of choosing a location, pop-up notifications and other elements.

We will soon show our patrons the concepts of the new interface. Also, some of the new windows will be presented in the release 0.00.16, which is to be published for patrons around the end of May or the beginning of June.

For the release 0.01 we are working on more than ten important narrative events with key NPCs, some students and the main girls. There definitely will be new CG-scenes, including NSFW-content. Spoilers are no good, so no details yet! :)

Models and costumes of some characters will be finalized. More sound effects and music will also be added.

The will be new locations, including outside the Academy (shops, bars, clubs, underground establishments and other “hot spots”).

Plans until the end of 2022

• Free movement around the Academy, locations, events, and quests. Leveling Hector’s parameters and skills, inventory, trade, subsystem “Study" (preparation and conducting of lectures and practical classes).
  • Building of relationships with girls will be more interesting - personal quests will be added, such as random meetings and dates. This will be provided by the modified role-playing system, involving parameters and characteristics, costumes and inventory.
  • Getting MIFE combat missions, managing Astral Interceptor equipment, girls' equipment, missions' completing, receiving awards. The battles themselves will be implemented as a mini-game.
Our main MEGA-GOAL is to release in Steam by the end of 2022. We will do everything possible to make it happen!

And in conclusion, we ask for your feedback in our Discord! Send us your impressions about the game to the “feedback” channel, your recommendations to the “suggestions” channel, and information about found errors to the “bug reports”.

That’s about it and thanks again to everyone who waited for the release 0.00.15!

PopPop63

Jun 16, 2020

Love of Magic. I rest my case. But you are partly correct, most Unity VNs suck because its done in poorly in unity.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I'm so confused as to why this showed up on the latest updates page, did this version not already come out back in May?
1. If all the download links become faulty mods have to do a re-release to make it possible to download again
this results in a "new release" which is actually the same version as the previous release.
2. if nobody reported the update. then the mods of f95 might be late by a while to update a game with latest updates.
Love of Magic. I rest my case.
What about it?
is it an example of an "almost a renpy clone in unity"?
what features specifically does unity bring to the table in that game?
I am looking at the trailer and it seems to be bringing up.. some elaborate card minigame? is that what you are referring to?

Last edited:
Reactions: Erik Marsx

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
1. If all the download links become faulty mods have to do a re-release to make it possible to download again
this results in a "new release" which is actually the same version as the previous release.
2. if nobody reported the update. then the mods of f95 might be late by a while to update a game with latest updates.

What about it?
is it an example of an "almost a renpy clone in unity"?
what features specifically does unity bring to the table in that game?
I am looking at the trailer and it seems to be bringing up.. some elaborate card minigame? is that what you are referring to?
I was wondering the same thing. I don't play Love of magic for two reasons...Unity and that fucking card minigame. However, when I did play it (before I ran into the minigame), I did not find anything that could not have been done in renpy. And I agree, the best Unity games are those where the dev takes the time to clone as many renpy features as possible.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 3 Votes