Steamlynx

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2019
Steamlynx Is this a sole male MC kind of game? (i.e. sex with protag only).

Or will there be content in the future involving non-MC dick? (i.e. NTR, Sharing/swinging, MMF etc.)
The main plot of the game revolves around the main character, who "educates" and develops girls.
But NSFW content won't just include Hector. Soon enough, girls will start doing interesting things with a variety of NPCs.

Steamlynx

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2019
There is no good reason to use Unity to make a Visual Novel.
We are making a game that is not a "Visual Novel." The next three releases aim to transfer the game from VN to a full-fledged Datesim/RPG.

I deeply respect RenPy and its developer. Initially, we started SLAM development on it, but later we had to switch to Unity.

If you are interested, I will explain in more detail why this happened.

Steamlynx

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2019
The game changed a bit since the 1st release, I must say i quite like it as it is now, good luck for the future, I will wait for future updates ;)

By the way, Orla #1 :love:
Thank you very much! We are inspired by such comments! The next release will have some exciting content with Orla.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sylaann

El Tanque

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2017
Steamlynx Is this a sole male MC kind of game? (i.e. sex with protag only).

Or will there be content in the future involving non-MC dick? (i.e. NTR, Sharing/swinging, MMF etc.)
The main plot of the game revolves around the main character, who "educates" and develops girls.
But NSFW content won't just include Hector. Soon enough, girls will start doing interesting things with a variety of NPCs.
Oh, thanks for clearing that up :( Well... it was looking good, bummer.
Good luck with your game though, but I don't think it's for me.

Last edited:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Might be a good idea putting any NTR in planned, might save this thread from the eternal war... :)
And mention if it's avoidable / optional / or just not seen but regardless it's there in story....

So far i did not get the impression this game was focussed on NTR, so the dev's reaction came as a surprise..
Will follow this for a bit still but personally not interested in NTR so will see how it's implemented...
Either way good luck on the development ;) Looking good so far!

(ah well, unity not my most prefered engine and lost the menu options so can't save now lol)

Steamlynx

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2019
Might be a good idea putting any NTR in planned, might save this thread from the eternal war... :)
And mention if it's avoidable / optional / or just not seen but regardless it's there in story....

So far i did not get the impression this game was focussed on NTR, so the dev's reaction came as a surprise..
Will follow this for a bit still but personally not interested in NTR so will see how it's implemented...
Either way good luck on the development ;) Looking good so far!

(ah well, unity not my most prefered engine and lost the menu options so can't save now lol)
Our game is closer to the "harem" genre.

I can't tell you much about the main plot because I want to avoid spoilers. But there are options when girls sleep not only with the main character. At the same time, it will not be NTR. Instead, it is part of the "path of evolution" of the girl.

Greebz

Oct 10, 2020

I can't tell you much about the main plot because I want to avoid spoilers. But there are options when girls sleep not only with the main character. At the same time, it will not be NTR. Instead, it is part of the "path of evolution" of the girl.
Will there be pregnancy and/or impregnation content?

Reactions: privetin13

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
if MC "develops" girls into whores who sleep with a bunch of other NPCs, like you explicitly told us.
then this is not a harem game, it is either a sharing or brothel game.

look, there are many many NTR fans who would love to be your customers. Especially with how good your art is.
if you try to obfuscate what you are actually doing they will miss your game because you tried to claim it is harem

Doing so will lure in unsuspecting harem lovers. but they are not actually going to support you financially, instead they will just give a bad rating over having been hoodwinked.

It is critical to be honest about what you are selling. there is absolutely a market for both paths.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016

.... just fyi, Harem is when the girls only do stuff with MC... since that is what a harem is. (many LIs belonging only to one MC).

From the sounds of it and your other response what you have is sharing/swinging, not harem.

This being the "other response" in question.

So yeah, best to stay away from using the term Harem in regards to your game, since well.. from what you have stated there won't be harem since the LIs will be doing stuff with other NPCs. (which as previously stated is sharing/swinging).

Which is the furthest thing from harem btw... and harem lovers hate that stuff too... so you only encouraging anger if you use that wording.

Steamlynx

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2019
It is critical to be honest about what you are selling. there is absolutely a market for both paths.
Which is the furthest thing from harem btw... and harem lovers hate that stuff too... so you only encouraging anger if you use that wording.
Thanks to everyone who took part in the discussion. Of course, we fully agree that players need to understand what the game is about before they decide to download it and play it or become our patron. Therefore, in this post, I will try to answer the question as accurately as possible: Is SLAM a Brothel or a Harem game?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks, everyone. If you have any questions, ask, and I will definitely answer.

Last edited:

rspkers

Sep 20, 2017
The influence of both Hector and the girls will significantly increase. Each of the girls will have their own circle, let's call it that, trusted NPCs, relations with which will also be necessary for the finale. And here, the player will have a choice - whether these relationships will include sex or not. Most players would be interested in the option that "yes, they will."
Wait, what? You think most players would prefer the girls to sleep with other NPCs rather than monopolize them for themselves? :WaitWhat: On what planet? Lol. Did I interpret this correctly? As others have said, there's a market for this. But most players aren't cucks. If you're aiming for most players, it should without a doubt be a harem game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it needs to be, and no disrespect to people who do like that fetish, but you'd be crazy to think that most people aren't interested in a monopoly on their girls, or, being the sole protagonist that has sex with the specific girls if not a harem game.

Personally, I just came across this game and really liked the setting and art, but the brothel whore direction isn't really for me. Best of luck.

Last edited:

Sylaann

Nov 4, 2020
I will wait for the answer cause i'm a bit concerned too, but as you say "you aren't sure if you understood correctly).

I have to say I too am not a big fan of brothel games, the goal is to get them all right? like pokemon, not share them all X)

I guess I could understand if it was one side of the story (like a dark path, bad ending) but if it's the only way I'm not reallya fan of just making slaves for others to use :/

drunkenrioter

Sep 13, 2021
I initially thought the game seemed pretty interesting. After reading this last page, I'm glad I didn't try it. Sharing/Swinging in a harem game is a terrible idea; the harem fantasy isn't "see these girls do sexy stuff", but rather "see these girls do sexy stuff with the MC, and no one else". I'm immediately put off by anything NTR/Swinging adjacent. Best put the tags up there so people like me can know to ignore this one. A real shame; the concept is interesting and the art seems fantastic.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
I initially thought the game seemed pretty interesting. After reading this last page, I'm glad I didn't try it. Sharing/Swinging in a harem game is a terrible idea; the harem fantasy isn't "see these girls do sexy stuff", but rather "see these girls do sexy stuff with the MC, and no one else". I'm immediately put off by anything NTR/Swinging adjacent. Best put the tags up there so people like me can know to ignore this one. A real shame; the concept is interesting and the art seems fantastic.
Exactly how I felt.

Also, a huge negative for me, it's Unity scripted. :FacePalm:

Deleted member 4865569

Apr 26, 2022
this game is gonna be red flags from what I am hearing in this thread and from the dev.

If you want the girls to sleep with npcs it's OFFICALLY not a harem and it wouldn't be smart to even try to market it as one dev.

Swingins, Sharing, NTR don't mix with harem unless you are going for that market in what I am talking about is NTR.

Now if you want to try to get harem players like myself having girls sleep with npcs or have any sharing in this game is a no no.

sad because the art is really good and it looks good but from what I am hearing this game looking a L for me.

A HAREM is about is in OUR WOMEN fucking us and ONLY us not them fucking npcs and people who is not the mc.

now I hope it won't be any form is ntr but yea from the looks of it the dev already have his vision set and that's on like some brothel type shit which is a pass for me personally.

so DON'T add the harem tag in that regard.

3.00 star(s) 3 Votes