Who's your favorite character in SandStorm?

• Maddie

Votes: 850 28.4%
  • Nora

Votes: 852 28.4%
  • Rion

Votes: 1,268 42.3%
  • The Priestess

Votes: 480 16.0%

• Total voters

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
Something's rotten... I do not have ANY game progression from 0.8.6b on the three paths I currently follow!

Path RN: Still ends when the sandstorm hits the jeep.
Path R1: Still ends when Nefertari says "But... will you be able to handle him?" in the temple.
Path R2: Still ends when the sandstorm hits the jeep.

Anybody have a clue, maybe? Changelog says these paths HAVE progression in this update...

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Something's rotten... I do not have ANY game progression from 0.8.6b on the three paths I currently follow!

Path R1: Still ends when Nefertari says "But... will you be able to handle him?" in the temple.

Anybody have a clue, maybe? Changelog says these paths HAVE progression in this update...
I wasn't able to progress those paths either but I was able to get somewhere with the Maddie path, Nora path, and the repulsive evil path. Barf.

Dunken122

Jul 20, 2018

Pretty sure he was just saying all routes now lead to the "grand final of SandStorm." or the flee portion. the R paths were the focus of the previous update. And the scenes are now officially tracked in the scene tracker so maybe that is part of it. With it being the V0.9 release it probably made more sense to announce the update of all routes to a certain point cause some people only touch big updates. I also did notice some small differences on the R routes. Like the shower scene wasn't there (or at least I didn't find the option for it, last update) and some small dialogue changes.

Last edited:

Dunken122

Jul 20, 2018

Also I know its not big info but you should probably add Spoilers to where the paths end, kinda spoilers some stuff if you haven't gotten there yet.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I can't promise these are anything you'll use, but these saves of mine from the end of v0.8 all let me proceed through to where the sandstorm finally either hits or gets close (depending on the path). Hopefully these are useful for you. You will, of course, want to rename them, removing the name of the path at the end — so 5-3-LT1 (Maddie).save should be renamed to something like 5-3-LT1.save but instead of Page 5–Slot 3, using whatever page and slot numbers you want for your own game.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
How to get the E1 path, I am ending in the E2, but want to know the E1
I don't know for sure, but I would guess if you play evil but take things too far with Nefertari during lovemaking (being too rough, nearly choking her to death, etc.) you'll get on E1. I'm on E2 also, because I prefer having her as a potential LI, despite the fact that clearly she's an extremely power-hungry bitch who lusts for power at least as much as the evil MC.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Tumai

quge1

Feb 13, 2022
I don't know for sure, but I would guess if you play evil but take things too far with Nefertari during lovemaking (being too rough, nearly choking her to death, etc.) you'll get on E1. I'm on E2 also, because I prefer having her as a potential LI, despite the fact that clearly she's an extremely power-hungry bitch who lusts for power at least as much as the evil MC.
I went for the highest evil point I can and end up with E2, so I wonder E1 is an easier end evil path ? Not sure which part need to easy on

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
I could have sworn there used to be a WT for this provided by GleenXstudio himself...
I'm not sure either. The logical story endings for the 2 evil paths one would think would be (a) Rule/become god alongside Nefertari, or (b) Seize all for yourself and be solo god (both paths with Haram of course :LOL:).

However, the way the logs have been written seems to indicate that the fork dividing the 2 Evil routes/endings is between Nora (catch thief, follow and kill guards) vs Rion (be evil and go to factory path). I've only caught up to 1 evil route (Nora's), so don't know what happens in the other yet.

Dunken122

Jul 20, 2018
I could have sworn there used to be a WT for this provided by GleenXstudio himself...

I'm not sure either. The logical story endings for the 2 evil paths one would think would be (a) Rule/become god alongside Nefertari, or (b) Seize all for yourself and be solo god (both paths with Haram of course :LOL:).

However, the way the logs have been written seems to indicate that the fork dividing the 2 Evil routes/endings is between Nora (catch thief, follow and kill guards) vs Rion (be evil and go to factory path). I've only caught up to 1 evil route (Nora's), so don't know what happens in the other yet.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Oh, I see. Since you can do messed up shit either way, that would make sense: be an asshole and then an actual monster to Nora and Maddie or do the same but with Rion. And, of course, a major difference is that if Rion's lust points are high enough, you basically turn her into a mindless cumdump. Either way is pretty messed up, but that's sort of the point of an evil route.

quge1

Feb 13, 2022
Oh, I see. Since you can do messed up shit either way, that would make sense: be an asshole and then an actual monster to Nora and Maddie or do the same but with Rion. And, of course, a major difference is that if Rion's lust points are high enough, you basically turn her into a mindless cumdump. Either way is pretty messed up, but that's sort of the point of an evil route.
Yeah I got it figured out too. I see the E1 path now. Agree that was messed up

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
I can't promise these are anything you'll use, but these saves of mine from the end of v0.8 all let me proceed through to where the sandstorm finally either hits or gets close (depending on the path). Hopefully these are useful for you. You will, of course, want to rename them, removing the name of the path at the end — so 5-3-LT1 (Maddie).save should be renamed to something like 5-3-LT1.save but instead of Page 5–Slot 3, using whatever page and slot numbers you want for your own game.
Thanks, I'll look into that when I'll get a bit of time again. I'm still wondering WHY the changelog and the facts are so obviously dissonants... I don't have so much interest in either Maddie or Evil paths, so this update 0.9 is extremely disappointing for me.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Thanks, I'll look into that when I'll get a bit of time again. I'm still wondering WHY the changelog and the facts are so obviously dissonants... I don't have so much interest in either Maddie or Evil paths, so this update 0.9 is extremely disappointing for me.
Well, all paths end at the same point (although the location can differ), all of them have sex / sexual scenes with LIs. So if the disappointment is that the update seems short, I can understand that because time is split between the paths. But they all should have the same amount of content (or at least, very close to the same amount; I didn't bother with a line-by-line or render-by-render comparison or anything).

As you understand, I'm sure, by the very nature of a pathing game you'll have less content on all paths, have to wait for some paths to catch up, or have a much longer wait time between updates. So it's almost inevitable that a risk of disappointment about content in a given update will come.

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
So if the disappointment is that the update seems short, I can understand that because time is split between the paths.
Oh, no, it's not that, I'll understand perfectly that a game with several path cannot update ALL of them on EACH update... And I could enjoy a short update anyway.

My "problem" is that this update is ZERO content - and this applies to THREE paths! - while the changelog says that all paths get content... Either the changelog or the update have a problem. Or I seriously misread something.

If the update was saying "Only evil path content" for example, I wouldn't have said anything: not "my" paths, I know that I won't get any content. I'll test your saves anyway to check that in detail.

AzzPeck

Apr 17, 2021
I'm liking the differences in the different paths at this point. Not just individual scenes, but in many cases completely different outcomes. True, this happens at the end of games often and we are near the end of this game, but the differences are stark enough that it's starting to feel like several different games instead of the same one with "love interest 1" replaced by "love interest 2" or "love interest 3" to offer variety.
Hey man how to get the threesome to nora and rion ?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
Or I seriously misread something.
The "problem" is somewhere else.
v0.8.6b was not a public update and the changelog states changes between the two last public main updates aka v0.8 and v0.9 (and come on... "from v0.8" is written 4 times...maybe 5 times was needed after all^^)
Also by reading the v0.8.6b changelog, it seems pretty clear what the contents of the v0.9 were going to be.

I can understand it is frustrating that your favorite paths did not get additional content this time, but I can also say that you were lucky to play those paths "in advance" during the v0.8.6b (beta) instead of the v0.9 like the rest of the paths ;)

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hey man how to get the threesome to nora and rion ?
Because sometimes you don't know what a choice does until after the fact, I suggest having many save points (at each choice) so you can always reload and try again if something happened you don't like. I suggest this as a general rule, but I'm specifically mentioning it here because this can be a little bit tricky. It's not always obvious which choice you'll want in order to keep this path.

There are very specific "Nora + Rion moments" that you need to get to have them romantically involved. In addition, if you maintain a decently high relationship level with both (over 80% seems to be enough), they will not only be interested in each other, but also interested in the MC. Following are "Nora + Rion moments" you'll want to be sure to get.
In addition, having rionora points gives you the opportunity to convince Nora to come with you instead of going through with her plan to carry out her father's original mission. That provides a potential long-term relationship with both of them.

Reactions: Zero141214
4.10 star(s) 68 Votes