Who's your favorite character in SandStorm?

• Maddie

Votes: 837 28.4%
  • Nora

Votes: 839 28.5%
  • Rion

Votes: 1,243 42.2%
  • The Priestess

Votes: 475 16.1%

• Total voters

Juicer97

Jun 2, 2022
Alright game. I kinda forced myself through some dry parts, but the story is solid. The animations were a bit mid, and the render quality varied alot throughout the game. There are some unresolved conclusions depending on the choices. The new game is looking more fun though, with more beauitful models and solid renders, can really see improvement, so I'll def be looking forward to the evelopment of snowstorm.

nazim10

Aug 17, 2017
GleenXstudio I keep having an error in the replay room, everytime the MC speaks. For example:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1129, in script
x talkingA "Yup. Roasted beetles and grasshoppers."
File "renpy/common/00library.rpy", line 268, in say
who(what, interact=interact, *args, **kwargs)
Exception: Say has image attributes (u'talkingA',), but there's no image tag associated with the speaking character.

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
Gotta say I am positively surprised by this game. Really liked it and had proper replay value.

But did we get an actual answer on what the canon ending is and Snowstorm is based on?

My personal preference would be ending F.

Maddie was my favorite of all three throughout the story. It also helps that we can see heavy foreshadowing in terms of snowstorm. I believe the woman we saw at the end is actually Freya travelled back in time or something but it kinda gave me that impression that she is connected to the MC and Maddie.

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
None of the endings are cannon. The only ending that will be continued in SnowStorm is the one where the MC crosses the portal with one of his RO.

But my favorite is F too. Maddie is the best!
I see. Thanks for the quick answer.
Kind of a bummer to be honest but I am sure the dev has some direct connection in mind further down the road. I still hope Maddie went with him for canon xD

Also I checked the thread of snowstorm out and it seems it follows the same formular like sandstorm being 3 girls/routes to pursue. Really looking forward to it.

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
I see. Thanks for the quick answer.
Kind of a bummer to be honest but I am sure the dev has some direct connection in mind further down the road. I still hope Maddie went with him for canon xD

Also I checked the thread of snowstorm out and it seems it follows the same formular like sandstorm being 3 girls/routes to pursue. Really looking forward to it.
It has a very direct connection with SandStorm, heavy spoilers:
MC is the same, he was transported to the Viking age after crossing the portal and lost his memories.
He got some flashes with the girl you choose in SandStorm but doesn't remember having a relationship with her.

Reactions: Leo D. Marstone

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
It has a very direct connection with SandStorm, heavy spoilers:
MC is the same, he was transported to the Viking age after crossing the portal and lost his memories.
He got some flashes with the girl you choose in SandStorm but doesn't remember having a relationship with her.
Hmm thanks again, I would have liked to play a different MC to be honest. That kinda destroyed the purpose of love interests in sandstorm imo if we pursue new chicks. Sure the MC has amnesia but we the player have not.

Let the MC from sandstorm still cross the gate with someone and have him amnesia but let him appear as a major side character or something.
Anyway I will wait for the completion of snowstorm and judge it as a whole. Did the same with sandstorm and my backlog of games is stacked anyway.

Xrisoner

May 23, 2021
More seriously, I have nothing against it, I do play games like that sometimes, but I don't really see how it would work well here. I guess it could be somehow believable with Rion being the little sister, and Maddie the big sister, but the story and plot are not like MILFY CITY or other similar games with just a daily routine of a family life, which is obviously made with incest in mind. Here the story is not really made for that. (and won't)

Anyway, I have no such plan at the moment, as it is a bit far from the story I want to tell and from the "natural" relationship approach I want to do.

Now, if a lot of Patrons request it, doing an optional patch for that in the future is not something impossible to work out, as it doesn't require many changes and the storyline could still be the same without interfering with the people who will still want to play with the main original setup (friends).
So, it's a no, not at the moment. But it's not a definitive no.

Unlike Harem which is an ultimate NO here, because it will destroy all the principles and structure of this game.

So did the Ipatch come through? :BootyTime:

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Just got through day 1 and no matter what choices I picked; Maddie is a bitch. She is super-hot, but I hate her attitude.
Is she this Dom through the entire game? If so, I won't bother and will just use the unlocker to see her scenes. :unsure:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Just got through day 1 and no matter what choices I picked; Maddie is a bitch. She is super-hot, but I hate her attitude.
Is she this Dom through the entire game? If so, I won't bother and will just use the unlocker to see her scenes. :unsure:
She's not a dom, just very guarded, especially with men. It does get better, and you eventually learn enough to know why she has the attitude she does.

Reactions: Jumbi

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
OK but is it worth getting treated like crap for half the game to learn her secrets? :unsure:
I did a playthrough for each of the various paths. I didn't have any problem with playing her path. It's definitely not a constant thing, and her attitude does improve. While I wouldn't describe it as "getting treated like crap", she ofc shouldn't be as aggressively irritable like she is in the beginning. I personally do think the payoff when she finally lets the MC in is definitely worth it. But it's your call obviously.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bloodguard

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
She's not a dom, just very guarded, especially with men. It does get better, and you eventually learn enough to know why she has the attitude she does.
if shes so guarded with men, then why is she banging some rando when you visit her hotel room with too low rp? :ROFLMAO:

Or is this explained later and i just missed it??

• Haha
Reactions: Nulldev

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
if shes so guarded with men, then why is she banging some rando when you visit her hotel room with too low rp? :ROFLMAO:

Or is this explained later and i just missed it??
Guarded, meaning letting them in emotionally. It's not like you can't shag someone without feeling anything for them . . . or did you never learn what a hooker or a one-night stand are?

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Guarded, meaning letting them in emotionally. It's not like you can't shag someone without feeling anything for them . . . or did you never learn what a hooker or a one-night stand are?

That moment just stuck out to me as an extremely odd and rare moment in any kind of game - and I was looking for others to extrapolate further on what story I was missing, not just defending non-existent story links. (that sounds more aggressive that I meant it - what I mean is we dont have any more information about whatever relation she had, so its jumping the gun to take it all in stride)

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
That moment just stuck out to me as an extremely odd and rare moment in any kind of game - and I was looking for others to extrapolate further on what story I was missing, not just defending non-existent story links. (that sounds more aggressive that I meant it - what I mean is we dont have any more information about whatever relation she had, so its jumping the gun to take it all in stride)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I might be wrong on some of this (it's been quite some time now), but I think that's the gist of it. There also might be more as well that I'm not thinking of right now.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
While we're on that topic can you think of another game in which sex is described between people (not the mc) and you cant do the "take a peek"? I cannot haha - that's what threw me for a loop more than anything - because ntr hater types wouldnt want this dialogue to begin with, and ntr lover types would want to know/see more, so it leaves no one happy :ROFLMAO:

Understand this was one of the best games I've tried in the last week, so this is but a mere stream of consiousness criticism of a great game.

4.10 star(s) 68 Votes