Who's your favorite character in SandStorm?

• Maddie

Votes: 813 28.6%
  • Nora

Votes: 802 28.2%
  • Rion

Votes: 1,204 42.3%
  • The Priestess

Votes: 454 16.0%

• Total voters

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Fair enough, do you want to explain why too or just hopping on my comment and hopping away?

I read the other stories too already and I don´t know if the writer have ever had a relation or feelings like love, because the degradion of love in this novel is a shame.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't think that people are acting realistically with respect to love in this story because everyone is being corrupted by the gem that MC is carrying around. Everyone, including the MC, acting somewhat normal before he finds it and as long as he is carrying it around everything gets progressively more bananas whether you use it or not.
Interesting thoughts but not very convincing. I will not play the second game even if I liked the egyptian topic and music in this one.
Wow. OK, let's see....

I'm not "just hopping on [your] comment and hopping away", but I also don't have to agree with you nor explain why. You have your opinion on why you think it doesn't work and "that people are[n't] acting realistically" and others of us may have differing views. I find your comments a bit brusque, TBH. You state something, we disagree and NewTricks even offered his opinion, and you then reply with a fairly dismissive, "Interesting thoughts but not very convincing".

I can't speak for them, but I didn't take NewTricks' response as trying to convince you. I myself certainly am not trying to convince you. But I definitely don't agree with what is practically a demand that I explain myself. Here are a couple of my thoughts after reading your posts:
  • It sounds like you didn't pay enough attention to anything that's happened so far in the game. You appear to assume the gem has no effect on people, including their feelings. This is just not true, at all. The gem is extremely powerful to make people feel and act in ways people normally would not. This is demonstrated in several places, but I'm not going to enumerate them here. If you can't think of any instances, then you definitely have missed stuff.

• These are college-aged friends who took a trip together. Teenagers for sure, but even those in their early-to-mid-20s often say they "love" someone when they don't actually love them. They might be infatuated and still think they love them. They also might like them quite a lot and be speaking hyperbolically.
And that's just riffing a couple of points off the top of my head, which don't necessarily reflect my own feelings or reasons. So to make a statement and then become pretty terse in your response seems uncalled for. You don't have to agree with anyone who thinks their statements are fine, but you're not entitled to any explanation whatsoever. Had you responded differently, I might have been inclined to elaborate, but not now. Acting like you are entitled to a response is less likely to be well received.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021
Wow. OK, let's see....

I'm not "just hopping on [your] comment and hopping away", but I also don't have to agree with you nor explain why. You have your opinion on why you think it doesn't work and "that people are[n't] acting realistically" and others of us may have differing views. I find your comments a bit brusque, TBH. You state something, we disagree and NewTricks even offered his opinion, and you then reply with a fairly dismissive, "Interesting thoughts but not very convincing".

I can't speak for them, but I didn't take NewTricks' response as trying to convince you. I myself certainly am not trying to convince you. But I definitely don't agree with what is practically a demand that I explain myself. Here are a couple of my thoughts after reading your posts:
  • It sounds like you didn't pay enough attention to anything that's happened so far in the game. You appear to assume the gem has no effect on people, including their feelings. This is just no true, at all. The gem is extremely powerful to make people feel and act in ways people normally would not. This is demonstrated in several places, but I'm not going to enumerate them here. If you can't think of any instances, then you definitely have missed stuff.

• These are college-aged friends who took a trip together. Teenagers for sure, but even those in their early-to-mid-20s often say they "love" someone when they don't actually love them. They might be infatuated and still think they love them. They also might like them quite a lot and be speaking hyperbolically.
And that's just riffing a couple of points off the top of my head, which don't necessarily reflect my own feelings or reasons. So to make a statement and then become pretty terse in your response seems uncalled for. You don't have to agree with anyone who thinks their statements are fine, but you're not entitled to any explanation whatsoever. Acting like you are is a response that is less likely to be well received.

Since Cookiemonster666 took my comments as rude I have to add something here. I don't intend to upset anyone, rather I'm upset myself about some things that happened in the game that I didn't think were logical and at least ruined the interesting story for me. You don't have to agree with me, I don't ask that either, but if you don't agree with me and just write underneath: I don't agree with you, great, what's in it for anyone? I don't want to force anyone to explain their views, but then please don't write at all if you don't have anything to say. Constructive criticism is always welcome but not just clumsy I disagree cross your arms that's it???

edit2: This is a commento of yours : These are college-aged friends who took a trip together. Teenagers for sure, but even those in their early-to-mid-20s often say they "love" someone when they don't actually love them. They might be infatuated and still think they love them. They also might like them quite a lot and be speaking hyperbolically.

ps: I'm glad you opened up anyway and shared your views with us, thanks for that

Last edited:
Reactions: Cavpal

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
Hey guys. I have a question. I've got Ending F (Maddie Special Ending). I fought back Anubis, didn't cross gate etc. And during the epilogue MC says that Julian and Rion has second child... And here is the question, during my path Julian ran away and left Rion on the factory with thugs, how come they still ended up together in the end after such a betrayal? That was kinda very confusing and illogical. Or maybe i missed some explanation about that? Thanks beforehand for answers.

DaimonFey

Oct 28, 2021
Hey guys. I have a question. I've got Ending F (Maddie Special Ending). I fought back Anubis, didn't cross gate etc. And during the epilogue MC says that Julian and Rion has second child... And here is the question, during my path Julian ran away and left Rion on the factory with thugs, how come they still ended up together in the end after such a betrayal? That was kinda very confusing and illogical. Or maybe i missed some explanation about that? Thanks beforehand for answers.
I wondered about that as well but no logical answer comes to my head.

Reactions: AlexMpog

Wizardas

Feb 15, 2021
I enjoyed this VN very much, some music tracks are amazing. Maddie and Nora are my favorite LIs, Rion is just dumb, whiny bimbo. I completely despised evil path, i would have liked to romance and turn to good side Nefertari instead. I liked only F and S endings.

Netori Fiend

Aug 22, 2021
For some reason, the gallery unlock isn't working. I followed instructions with the file having the appropriate "zz_ff.rpy" file name placed in the GAME folder and it hasn't unlocked anything.

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
Wow. OK, let's see....

• It sounds like you didn't pay enough attention to anything that's happened so far in the game. You appear to assume the gem has no effect on people, including their feelings. This is just not true, at all. The gem is extremely powerful to make people feel and act in ways people normally would not. This is demonstrated in several places, but I'm not going to enumerate them here. If you can't think of any instances, then you definitely have missed stuff.

And that's just riffing a couple of points off the top of my head, which don't necessarily reflect my own feelings or reasons. So to make a statement and then become pretty terse in your response seems uncalled for. You don't have to agree with anyone who thinks their statements are fine, but you're not entitled to any explanation whatsoever. Had you responded differently, I might have been inclined to elaborate, but not now. Acting like you are entitled to a response is less likely to be well received.
You got trolled dude.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
SandStorm-2.0
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Trolazo and Nulldev

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
I just wish the 'sequel' hadn't been staged in a Viking-like universe... that totally killed the desire to continue for me...
Ah well, can't have it all sometimes, maybe when I got nothing else to play I'll replay this one, some of the original endings didn't feel like there was a continuing story at least.
So that would make it worth while to revisit some time in the future. For now the story is too fresh in my memory.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I just wish the 'sequel' hadn't been staged in a Viking-like universe... that totally killed the desire to continue for me...
Ah well, can't have it all sometimes, maybe when I got nothing else to play I'll replay this one, some of the original endings didn't feel like there was a continuing story at least.
So that would make it worth while to revisit some time in the future. For now the story is too fresh in my memory.
Respectfully disagree, I love that this dev is one of the few who's branching out with creative and fresh settings; so to me it was completely consistent; I wouldn't be surprised nor disappointed if his next game took place on pirate ship :cool:

Pleasantly surprised that Maddie leads in the poll, I would have expected the muh waifu rion to dominate.

4.10 star(s) 68 Votes